Author Topic: PopJanko's 60 year old attempt to use VR - experiences  (Read 1205 times)

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
Re: PopJanko's 60 year old attempt to use VR - experiences
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2024, 05:11:02 PM »
Ah, the LVT sight has the same thing going on.

Some sights are not great for VR, and the rotary range on some like the german tanks is difficult to use as the range bar sits right up the top and is difficult to read. That is why you usually see me in an M4.

Thanks Vulcan.

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2024, 05:15:22 PM »
Has anyone tried one of the fans to stop the fogging.  I can only use the quest 3 for 5-10 minutes before taking a break due to lense fog.  I have a fan on my face all the time, but it doesn't seem to help.  If you use a fan, any recommendations?

Thanks

Pop

Offline zaza

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2024, 08:09:45 PM »
Hi guys ZAZA here , I have Oculus 2 havent a clue how to set up my X52 pro in VR For some reason i cant even double click on the clip board in the game . Any pointers on how to set this up is appreciated, Im sixty also but havent a clue :)  TIA <S>
ZaZa

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2024, 08:13:09 PM »
Hi guys ZAZA here , I have Oculus 2 havent a clue how to set up my X52 pro in VR For some reason i cant even double click on the clip board in the game . Any pointers on how to set this up is appreciated, Im sixty also but havent a clue :)  TIA <S>

Easiest way is to copy files and rename them, can you handle that?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2024, 08:13:29 PM »

No one will help you until you sign the papers.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2024, 08:33:38 PM »

OK, quick and dirty.....

First set up a couple of buttons on your controllers for "mouse left click" and "mouse right click". Pointing your head in the VR is a white ball/dot. Place the ball on the thing you want to activate say.....  "map controllers" and hit the "left mouse click" button you added to the controllers. You can go through all of the settings, setting them by using this method.....point ball, click left mouse button.

OR....

You can just navigate to the settings folder in the game using "file manager", copy each xxxx.jsm file to your desktop where the "xxxx" is the name of your stick/throttle/pedals. Rename each file by adding a VR_ in front of the name of each file. SAVE the file, then copy and paste it back to the games setting folder.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,409336.msg5427233.html#msg5427233

When you log back into the game the controllers in VR will be mapped the same as the NON VR version of the game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 08:35:28 PM by The Fugitive »