Author Topic: Meta Quest 3 headset - do you have any fogging solutions?  (Read 180 times)

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
Meta Quest 3 headset - do you have any fogging solutions?
« on: July 26, 2024, 06:30:51 PM »
I can't use my quest 3 for more than 5-10 minutes without fogging of the lenses.

I have a fan on my face, full time, but it doesn't help with the quest 3.  Does anyone have a quest 3 fan addon that they recommend?

Thanks

Pop

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Meta Quest 3 headset - do you have any fogging solutions?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 06:55:17 PM »
Break the seal around your face to let air in would be my suggestion

The nose cape in my vive pro was removed to see the keyboard and it allows air in

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE Eagle RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Peda

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 12:41:52 AM »
Break the seal around your face to let air in would be my suggestion

The nose cape in my vive pro was removed to see the keyboard and it allows air in

Eagler

I do that ever couple of minutes.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 01:58:42 AM »
Perhaps try rubbing a dab of baby shampoo or dish soap on the lenses before cleaning off with a microfiber cloth? Also, put the goggles on your head 10-15 minutes before playing to get the temperature of the goggles equal to the temperature of your skin before playing?

When I head out cycling or mountain biking I wipe a dab of dish soap on my sunglasses to prevent fogging (as mentioned above) and it works great. I do it about once a week. In emergencies spit works too. You rub it on then wipe it off with microfiber or something soft. I know scuba divers that do this as well.

Type "vr goggles fogging solution" into Amazon search and a bevy of potential remedies pop up. Most of them are saponification solutions that are basically the same remedies I described above.

Good luck, it sounds like you are getting sorted with VR and are sold on that system for AH. I'm tempted now as well.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2024, 06:23:44 AM »
I do that ever couple of minutes.

It's adjustable. Press the releases on the sides and move the lenses away from your face.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 07:09:26 AM »
Some years ago my wife bought Rain-X Anti Fog for her glasses as the Covid masks guided her breath under the lenses. Might work with a VR headset as well.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni