Author Topic: You know who.  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
Re: You know who.
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2024, 11:28:41 PM »
I dont think anyone else on that squad went out of their way to hunt players down other than "He who should not be named". Did the other players fly speed demons?, Yup! and so does a quarter to half of the other players in the MA. Did the others work together as a squad and help each other out?, Yup! as a squad should and many do.

Lumping these other players in with what "He who should not be named" did is unfair and callous. Grind your way off base.

Banshee, I hope you stick around. Your a good stick and play the game right even if you did only fly fighters. Play your game and find the fun you can where you can.

Yeah, and everyone has opinions. In the end it doesn’t really matter. Does it?

I may have been a little harsh, I mean in reality it’s not just those guys. It’s how it’s done around here. I was gone for 16 years. The only thing that has changed is the quality of the players that have been here forever. The player base has been distilled down to the best in the game (not I for sure). When I decide to leave again you sure as hell won’t hear me whine about it, just like last time. I’ll just leave. You know the old saying about if you don’t like it…Oh! And about being callous. I thought we were all grown men. Just so you know, I just deleted my account. That was easy! Now if I could delete my info off this board that would be great! Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 11:55:51 PM by Grind »

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2024, 11:37:15 PM »
sad Part is the Player flew the Damned Logo and he was never a True Damned Member,,,,, some of the originals of that squad never accepted hims and  this was coming from their private channel which now I am honorary member of ,,,, Skyrr was Never Part of the
Of of the Dammed hee just chose that squad name
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2024, 11:46:26 PM »
sad Part is the Player flew the Damned Logo and he was never a True Damned Member,,,,, some of the originals of that squad never accepted hims and  this was coming from their private channel which now I am honorary member of ,,,, Skyrr was Never Part of the
Of of the Dammed hee just chose that squad name

My comments are directed to “you know who” and his cohorts. That’s it. I say don’t let the door hit them in the buttocks. 😊

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2024, 12:13:40 AM »
Or? You can stay in game. I’m not going anywhere.

Yeah, that didn’t age well. 🤣

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2024, 08:03:37 AM »
Thank you, Hitech.

I'll be re-subscirbing. Just in time for October Scenario too  :airplane: :joystick:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2024, 09:54:14 AM »
The one and only thing I have and will ever post about him…

If he had an ounce of humility and decency in him he could have gone down as one of the best sticks to play the game, his skill and precision gunnery was undeniable.

But since it seemed like his sole purpose was to grief players and start keyboard wars… well then good riddance.

Well written. A real shame too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2024, 10:02:44 AM »
I dont think anyone else on that squad went out of their way to hunt players down other than "He who should not be named". Did the other players fly speed demons?, Yup! and so does a quarter to half of the other players in the MA. Did the others work together as a squad and help each other out?, Yup! as a squad should and many do.

Lumping these other players in with what "He who should not be named" did is unfair and callous. Grind your way off base.

Banshee, I hope you stick around. Your a good stick and play the game right even if you did only fly fighters. Play your game and find the fun you can where you can.

I will have to agree to the point that a squad that accepts that kind of behavior is suspect. It does make the others look bad if they do not remove the cancer.
On the other hand, I know Banshee and he is a good individual. I'll vouch for him any day.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2024, 10:53:27 AM »
I'd be mad if I had a 0.6 K/D, too.  Especially hiding in hordes (which is the real reason why I am most likely cancelling my sub.  Because players like YOU have made gameplay so unbearable).

And, I said I was going out peacefully.  So <S> and have a crappy day.

If you've ever flown with or against Zoso you'd realize how incorrect of a statement that is.

Oh lets bring K/D into this  :rolleyes:

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2024, 11:17:19 AM »
On the other hand, I know Banshee and he is a good individual. I'll vouch for him any day.
100% x 2
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2024, 12:27:37 PM »
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2024, 01:35:33 PM »
You know as far as reason goes for the Ban .. Pick One! There were many.

It was kind of obvious there was public doxing going on the forums and a players personal information was being sent to people in Private Messages (Poorly kept secret). Private messages are NOT really private any way. Both the Recipient and Sender can report, screen shot, share, and forward messages to others. On top of that the platform owner and their admins/mods can pretty much look at anything you Send Receive and Delete pretty much any time they want to.

Lets not touch on all the Hate Mail poor Hitech got, for which I to contributed, and while I would love to be the complaint that broke the glass to the ban hammer, I was just a very tiny drop in a very big bucket.

As far as "Its" wingies go, I think only one really went all in with "It" like a little cultist and turned into "Its" very own version of Squeaky Fromme.

With "Its" absence most of these guys are fairly tame and not much of a problem. I hope they return to being fun players and decent members of the community. Poor Banshee as far as any one knows has been a fairly good to outstanding member of the community and is a great player. This community is also better than this so we should probably skip any potential witch hunts.

In-fact How about we just let Hitech Lock this baby after ever one gets their two cents in, move on, and have fun?

I personally plan on subbing for a month or two for a scenario that a few of that Damned want to do (and maybe others in the future). As soon as my kid and I build his new computer (Thanks to Eagler it's getting a 3070ti) I'm gunna try and get him into AH, He's burning out on Warthunder but not ready for a study level sim and AH is probably one of the best to make that transition with.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 01:40:44 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2024, 02:48:43 PM »
Why are you deleting your account?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2024, 02:54:15 PM »
I have a feeling HT doesn't like doing this kind of thing, but sometimes folks just go too far for too long, I don't see how you had any other choice Sir  :salute
It can’t be pleasant for any involved along with those in it’s sphere of influence, I would think.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2024, 03:02:52 PM »
Vraciu was enabling and participating in everything that went down, including during the time that YKW was supposed to be banned. Although I don't know precisely what caused this particular ejection, whether it was for cumulative or specific reasons, Vraciu appears to deserve the same treatment. Judge was also more than a willing participant in most of the shenanigans that I witnessed, too.

As for the rest, I don't think guilt by association is appropriate. I consider them to be just dimwitted bystanders and bear no ill will towards any of them.

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2024, 04:16:33 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :noid :bolt:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait