Author Topic: AH doesn't feel right?  (Read 596 times)

eskimo

AH doesn't feel right?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
The Buccaneers old squad leader (Whitey) owned and had flown a variety of WWII aircraft and he was a lifelong aviation buff.  He said that AH had the most accurate flight model of any sim that he had ever tried (and I think he tried out quite a few).  I recall him saying that most of the flight characteristics of the planes that he was familiar with were within 90% of where they should be.  
He is not around any more to post his opinion, so I thought I would do it for him.

eskimo

funked

AH doesn't feel right?
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
"Feel" is all BS.  Unless you have stick time in a WW2 aircraft I don't want to hear your opinions on feel.  And even with a perfect flight model, sitting at a desk moving a joystick is not going to give you the feel of a real airplane.  It's purely personal preference.

So all that's left is whether the sim hits the numbers or not.  And AH hits the numbers as well or better than any entertainment software product to date.

And BTW, valid references for numbers are historical flight test data or physical calculations from known properties of the aircraft.  Other flight sims are NOT a valid reference.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-17-2001).]

Offline JG5_Jerry

• Zinc Member
AH doesn't feel right?
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2001, 09:13:00 AM »
Of course, the numbers are very important, but how you get to those certain numbers as you fly around is another thing. This is where the 'feel' apsect comes in. Of course, it's still tricky - how something feels to one person can be different from another's   This can get a bit confusing for us desk pilots as some people with real stick time can differ on their opinions too (even when talking about WW2 birds).

[This message has been edited by JG5_Jerry (edited 04-17-2001).]

MrSiD

AH doesn't feel right?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
It won't matter how good the FM or graphics of a game is if it's built for offline.

I doubt anyone who played online will want to go back to shooting drones. That's downright boring. Right?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
AH doesn't feel right?
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by MrSiD:
It won't matter how good the FM or graphics of a game is if it's built for offline.

I doubt anyone who played online will want to go back to shooting drones. That's downright boring. Right?

Na ... try mig alley