Author Topic: Good luck with your CT  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Good luck with your CT
« on: January 29, 2002, 11:21:11 PM »
I've tried it twice, it has been the same way both times.  Log in, see one side is getting completly dominated (it was the Japs both times).  Switch to the Japanese side.  Oh, this is great.  We get to pick two different fields to up from.  One has all 25 of the U.S. team vulching it, with absolutely no attempt to knock out the hangers or take the field, and the other is two sectors away.  

Eh.. no.  Sorry.  Cy'all in the MA.  I suppose for some folks that sort of situation is fun, I'm just not one of them.  I wish you all the best of luck with your private vulch arena.  Maybe we'll get some new terrain in the MA sometime soon, so the vulchees can come back to something nice.

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2002, 11:45:32 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, and it's not really limited to the allied side. I've been in several times when the "japs" had allies outnumbered 2 and 3 to one. We got our butts kicked in for a good hour and a half, and yes, we got vulched too. Tonight was a LOT better, equal numbers and around 25 on each side. It was a blast! To each their own, I know that the C/T might not always be great, or fair, but I'll continue going in because when it comes together it is definitely worth it imho. And I'll keep flying in main too... it's still the place to go for a quick fight and lots of action all over the map. Okay, my weak argument for the C/T is finished now, proceed in picking me apart, lol.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 12:00:40 AM »
The map will be fixed soon anyway. I like it a lot. I had to up an F4U-1 'cause I had no perks for a 38... got 7 kills in 1 sortie (3 were n1ks.. YUM YUM!! I love it now that its perked!)...

And sssooon the fork will... well, FORK EM. Bwhahahaha :D :D

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 12:04:25 AM »
err.......gotta disagree with you this time Urchin.  The #'s were pretty darn even, if not perfectly even.  Just like in the MA, you have a choice to up from an obviously CAP'd field or somewhere else.  From what you said, looks like you chose the field with the CAP in place.  
Like I said on channel 1, I have seen it both ways, Allies with #'s, and Japs with #'s.......tonight it was really close, so I don't know what your complaint is.
For a while there tonight, it was like "Lazs World", with furrballs going on all over the place.  Too bad he had to miss it....;)
Whether or not you give it another shot is up to you.  I am getting what I have been craving, Axis planes vs Allies planes, and I don't give a hoot about strat.  
to the CT staff!  Best terrain and planeset yet IMO!:D

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 12:57:30 AM »
Well Urchin you are obviously wrong in this case.  If you and your little Axis buddies would not have killed our goonies over and over we would have taken the base and then rolled on to the next one.

So, please, in the future when we are trying to capture a base just move along and dont try to stop us or we will be forced to vulch..err....suppress you on the runway in an effort to keep you from interfering with us.  

:rolleyes:  You just cant win with some folks.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2002, 01:02:19 AM »
The problem is some Allied kiddie gets in there at night and milkruns half the arena. Which leaves the other side with 2 fields during peak playing hours.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2002, 01:07:28 AM »
Gee Sling, I'm so sorry.  I was only there for a short time, perhaps 15 sorties(13 of which lasted 5 seconds), but I didn't see any LVT's, goons, nothing.  Whats even more interesting is.... I didn't see any Allied fighters with BOMBS..  What are bombs you may ask?  Well obviously since you and your little Allied buddies would rather vulch than fight, I suppose I'll have to tell you.  A BOMB, moron, is an explosive device that attaches to a plane.  When it is dropped from the plane, it can destroy things like HANGARS and such.  This would also accomplish your 'goal' (except that isn't REALLY your goal, is it?) of 'suppressing' the airfield so you can capture it.  

And no, I've had it with the Vulch Arena.  I can get vulched in the Main if I really really wanted to, but I can also find a real fight if I am lucky.  That doesn't seem to be the case in the Vulching Arena.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2002, 02:15:50 AM »
Whoa......hold on a sec Urchin..........
I agree that maybe tonight was not the best time to log in if you wanted to up in a Zero, Tony, or Niki, but I would like to stress that it is NOT always like that.  I took off from a CV one time, got 4 kills (only one of which was a vulch I might add, the rest had speed or alt on me when we engaged), the other sorties I did I took off from another base "2 sectors away" to fly the plane I wanted to.
I mean you no disrespect Urchin, I just think you logged in under very adverse circumstances.  FWIW, had you stuck around a few minutes longer, the Japs took 35 and 32 within 5 minutes of one another.  The whole time the furrball at 34 was happening, SCLeslie upped JU88's and softened 35 for his comrades.  So it was possible to get up in a fighter and get in some action if you really wanted to.
I am thinking you might've logged in wanting to see something you didn't like, and you got it.
Would love to see ya give it a few more tries before you write it off, but that is up to you.

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2002, 02:16:36 AM »
Raubvogel does have a point. I've seen it, and I've hopped in a jap ride a few times to stop it. As far as vulching, my squad and I were too busy with other engagements to bother with that. Yes, if a low enemy got on my wingie's 6, I cleared him. That's not vulching, it's smart flying. And we would have made a few runs with BOMBS (oh my, could it be? And rockets too!), if it were not for the fact that we were nearly constantly surrounded as soon as we got up from the cv. Some people might not think those carriers are important, but we fly from them, therefore it's wise to protect them. Not to mention the fact that Ammo and his crew were on us. Would you up heavy under those conditions? I thoroughly enjoyed the C/T tuesday night, and I hope we can have more like it!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2002, 03:21:08 AM »
Urchin is right

This setup has really "main'd up" the ct.

Base grabbin where no nme are or off hour base grabs, ack huggin extreme, vulchin. Well hell its your arena do what you want in it.

It happens on both sides but that aint the point. Some have called for a mini main and they got it.

I was never with the folks who want no icons and no dar it really didn't matter to me as long as it was fun. I never saw any need to make it harder then people like.

But it was the other things like the stuff I mentioned above. I always stated that the ct will become what the guys flying in there make it. No matter what the settings or tweaks.

In the other setups this behavior was checked abit by the map and plansets. The planes didnt carry enough ord for 1 guy to level a town but oh well what ya gonna do. Ya damn sure cant make people do what ya want to have fun.

Urchin I gave up myself I'll try again on a land locked map.........

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2002, 04:38:32 AM »
EDITed, for fear of being banned by HTC.

NUTTZ

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 07:00:55 AM »
Wotan, I hereby give you the bronze star of whining...for this week, geeez

Edit:
OK ok, maybe not soo much, I have to agree... boy do I overreact since they cut me off coffee :D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 12:03:33 PM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2002, 07:50:48 AM »
Wotan doesnt need any defense here. But, after not being able to play for a week I entered the CT last night, was 11-3 with 3 CV groups sitting off the shore pounding 1 of the 2 bases left. You have to admit that anyone coming into the room for the first time is going to leave in a hurry seeing that.  
That out of the way there were still some great fights and it was nice to see guys  come in allied and "whoa!" and switch sides to start and even it out.

Myself, I will be back :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2002, 07:55:15 AM »
I was in there yesterday afternoon for about 2 hours..sides were about even.  Porking the fuel at A35 slowed them down for a good hour (I think the rebuild time is doubled in there, might be wrong)  Had a great time.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Good luck with your CT
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2002, 08:25:38 AM »
I like the free beer.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?