Author Topic: Poll: Not military related at all, but on speed ;-)  (Read 1178 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Poll: Not military related at all, but on speed ;-)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
Idiots who drive fast kill others who don't.

Enough said.

<poke>

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2001, 11:59:00 PM »
160 - 170mph in the vette at the raceway

I dont drive fast in the streets here; for every car there are 3 cops here.

I have never raced a bike before, I have awful balance, I would die very quick.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2001, 12:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:
Strange I never figured AKSeaWulfe as a rice rocket type.    

The car was cheap, and in great condition(and a manual)... so I thought "what the hell".... besides it ain't got none of that shoddy body kit crap that makes the damn car look like a fighter craft from space. ;-)
"If it don't make it go fast, I don't want it" :-)
-SW

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2001, 12:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by hblair:
Anyone ever heard a fishing story where the fish gets bigger every time the story gets told?  

exactly i call BS on 99% of this i have a fast bike and a hella fast car..i aint been nowhere near these numbers:

85 honda nighthawk 180kph
70 duster hopped nicely; 120 mph

now thats reasonable....

hogfarmr

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2001, 12:28:00 AM »
Bah,

~300 IAS in a Cessna Citation at about 12k. I only flew for about 30 sec but I flew. (I think the pilot turned auto off when i took controls  

-AKHog

G10Whore

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2001, 01:16:00 AM »
3-wheel count? If so, mach 2.1, RIO seat F-14 Tomcat, AT2{at the time), USN.

they dont do that in-flight tech testing anymore I think tho, other than the larger craft like teh EP-3 that landed in CHina, had 3 ATs in it.

Of course, they dont allow beards anymore either.....

Sturm

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
Loser I can definately say I have been that fast and on multiple occasions.  I used to race out at FIR and vegas in the 600 class.  I had my bike street legal by adding a mirror to the left handle grip and adding a good old license plate.  Depending on the gearing I used for long road trips I would go 2 up in back running a 600 with 130 RWHP and weighing 370 wet.  Get the picture?  I will post pics of my bike if needed, and I have some I can get scanned of nice wheelies in the middle of the neighborhood.  I started this thread to se who the other throttle junkies are.  Some may lie that is fine, mine is all true.  I have no one to impress I will never meet the lot of ya, have only met one so far.  So then again calling someone like that might be there is a lil jealousy building up?  Hmmm aybe hmmm?    At any rate, was a fun post tak eit how ya want it.  fact or fiction nothing beats screaming down the road inches from the pavement.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2001, 02:19:00 AM »

2 wheeled was my ZX-6R race bike in Arizona heading to Tucson. 172 true, 180+ indicated on speedo. Was awesome 10 bikes screaming passing people like they were standing still, crazy? You bet won't ever do that again.

Come on. In traffic?? I've been at around 140-150 on a ducati before, but in traffic?  

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2001, 04:33:00 AM »
154mph (indicated) on a YZF-R6, north along the A4 past Schipol Airport in Holland.

Raced a Ferrari 355 up the same road last night, we'd cruise at 110mph, one of us would blast past at about 130mph then pull in again.  When we got to Schipol I opened up and blew past him at 150mph and held it......never saw him again (but the mirrors on R6s are crap so that doesnt mean much).  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2001, 06:50:00 AM »
Driving at hi speeds endangers not only you, but also everyone else at the road.

I still maintain that it's an irresponsible practise.

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Sturm

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2001, 07:19:00 AM »
Ever been on the highways in Arizona?  You will note that traffic is very light, not like I was doing it in downtown pheonix  .  When you get outside the the main city heading south it opens up into a very nice straight away.  BTW Swoop how is that R6?  Never ridden one before.  I am a die hard Kawi till the day I die hence the license plate MADKAW.  

I don't condone speeding in traffic when Johnny is around.  When the coast's clear do as you wish just don't hit me when I pass you    Frequent 120-130 blasts every morning to work.

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
"The soup nazi"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2001, 07:21:00 AM »
Smile and world smiles with you  

Offline Gritz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
115 MPH - Datsun 200SX - Old country road (zero traffic)
145 MPH - Merkur XR4ti - I94 (zero traffic)

100 MPH - Yamaha Phazer (that's a snowmobile) - frozen Lake

Gritz

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
I used to sell motorcycles, all brands cept harley, did some road racing and other crazy toejam in my youth as well.
     Sturm, I aint buyin' the 172mph on a zx 600...I dont think you'd get there on a zx 1000, depending on year.  Stock, 140 with a tail wind, prolly 135 more accurate.  Not sayin' ur speedo didnt say that, but it was way off at that speed.

CRASH

Originally posted by Sturm:
What is the fastest speed you have ever attained on a public road 2 wheeled and 4 wheeled?

2 wheeled was my ZX-6R race bike in Arizona heading to Tucson.  172 true, 180+ indicated on speedo.  Was awesome 10 bikes screaming passing people like they were standing still, crazy?  You bet won't ever do that again.

4 wheeled was in my friends 69 camaro SS in Indiana hit 160, worse thing was watching them put their lap belts on in the front seat and I asked um wheres mine?

Sturm

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
Crash have you ever raced before?  I am curious.  Do you understand the HP to weight relationship?  Gearing?  I had multiple sets of sprokets, depending on the track and for street use.  I boosted the HP of my stock bike by 36 HP, I invested well over 7,000 into this bike most into the engine.  And crash you might have sold bikes or raced them back in the 70's or whenever but the 600 bikes they have out now stock do 152-56.  STOCK!!!!

Crash what do you know about rockets?  140 maybe even 135 top speed?  You got me laughing here this has just proven to me your data on rice burners is about 15 years old.  Hell my old 88 Hurricane "thats a CBR F1 if ya didn't know" would do that easily.

Please stick to topics you know something about and discrediting someone when you know very little about the subject matter at hand makes you the fool.  Here is your homework assignment go out and research the top speed's of these bikes.  ZX-6R GSXR-750 ZX-9R CBR 929 GSX-R1000 ZX-12

Crash I have included A link for your reading so you can catch up with the times.  
 http://www.cycleworld.com/xp6/CycleWorld/contents.xml/features/0301_gixxer_gym.xml
ZX-6R review
This is for the GSX R1000 from this article it states

Covering the same stretch of road aboard the new 1000 registers upward of 188 mph on its digital speedometer, yet I didn't encounter a hint of instability. In all honesty, I'd estimate actual speeds were just shy of 170 mph, considering the grossly exaggerated speedometer error while leaned onto the rear tire's smaller-diameter shoulder

Here is your stock 1000 going 140 lol.  Ok I am thru with you for now.  Still chuckling at you though Crash.          

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
"The soup nazi"

[This message has been edited by Sturm (edited 04-17-2001).]