Author Topic: Wish List. ;)  (Read 1192 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« on: March 07, 2002, 07:12:58 AM »
Add a blank "oildirt" runway object or allow users to create and use new variations in the editor. This would allow seamless blending with user created tiles.   :cool:

The oildirt object would need to be coded as a landable object and a  straight airstrip object added for combining with taxiway objects already available.

If this isn't possible could we send custom fields in for HTC approval and inclusion in future editor versions?  

Give  AAA guns the option to remove or replace the small texture it sits on for blending with custom textures.

When terr0016 is used automatically  transistion it with terr0017, it gives added flexibility when customized and used in snowless terrains but requires manual blending.

Coastlines transistions are a combination of terr0000 & terr0001, please make adjacent tiles automatically change to terr0001 to eliminate manual blending.

:)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2002, 09:19:40 AM »
As long as we are wishing, can the max. objects in the editor be highered from 10k to 15-20k?

Then we can make 512x512 maps without fields being 2 grids away from each other :)

Broesy

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2002, 09:28:40 AM »
Max objects will be increased.

Iv'e been looking for a free ware 3d drawing package. Dosn't have to be any thing complex, just wan't to find one that will make flat shapes for airfield layout fairly well.

It needs the following to be usfull to us.

1. Ability to make detail/sub faces, i.e. polygone hiarcy.
2. The ability to give polygons a number or label. This is needed to determan what are runways, taxyways & rearm pads ect.
3. Have a documented file format or exporter.

If one can be found we could include the ability to make your own shapes for the terrain editor.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2002, 01:48:42 PM »
for a decent 3d modling thing, try GMAX, i don't know if it has everything you want (as i don't really understand,lol), but it is the freeware version of 3dstudioMAX, so it should be good

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: Wish List. ;)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2002, 05:32:44 PM »
Originally posted by weazel
Add a blank "oildirt" runway object or allow users to create and use new variations in the editor. This would allow seamless blending with user created tiles.   :cool:

The oildirt object would need to be coded as a landable object and a  straight airstrip object added for combining with taxiway objects already available.

If this isn't possible could we send custom fields in for HTC approval and inclusion in future editor versions?  :)

While we wait for a possible object editor.

One work around is to place a VDEPOT, FTMPLT or CITY shape first, and then place a FACTDIRT or OILDIRT on top of it.  
If you exit you vehicle on the dirt section at the VDEPOT, FTMPLT or CITY area ( since these shapes are smaller than the FACTDIRT or OILDIRT shapes ) you will not get the "you have ditched message"

Pokie

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2002, 06:14:32 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
for a decent 3d modling thing, try GMAX, i don't know if it has everything you want (as i don't really understand,lol), but it is the freeware version of 3dstudioMAX, so it should be good

BenDover   I'll have to look at this site closer

Pokie

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2002, 07:07:43 PM »
Gmax is not an option do to how they licenes the files.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 08:52:16 PM »
Another item that would be nice is an extra water tile for use in the PTO terrains, so we could make a lighter blue water tile for the lagoons, etc.

As for making your own airfields, you can also use the VH terrain base for a grass airfield base. You can put two (As shown below) or three in a row for making the airfield base. Although the ability to create custom 'base objects' would definitely be a cool feature.

Some 'sandbag wall' objects and 'hedge rows' would be nice as well :)

Grass Airfield:

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2002, 09:42:02 PM »
Hey All heyHitech,

The ability to edit the clutter object pattern on each tile.
3d studio max
512x tiles?

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2002, 10:21:54 PM »
I think 'freeware' is the key 10Bears ;) Don't tell me they are giving 3D studio max away for free after what I paid for mine! :)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Wish List. ;)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2002, 10:57:15 PM »
Please don't do this. I rarely use terr0001 to tile with terr0000
If you look at my maps i use 2 tiles to transform with water sometime rock(terr0004 and farm terr0003) sometimes i use others,But i always use 2 tiles to break up the sterility of the coastline. I make 2 tiles have the same outside edges so they will tile properly.As an option ok, but for the TE to auto do this would be bad for me.

NUTTZ
Originally posted by weazel

Coastlines transistions are a combination of terr0000 & terr0001, please make adjacent tiles automatically change to terr0001 to eliminate manual blending.

:)

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
hey HT
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2002, 12:21:58 PM »
what do you use to make objects?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2002, 01:51:28 PM »
BenDover: Multigen

HiTech

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2002, 02:11:45 PM »
Blender and Strata 3D base are both free.

f.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Wish List. ;)
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2002, 09:29:22 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Max objects will be increased.

Iv'e been looking for a free ware 3d drawing package. Dosn't have to be any thing complex, just wan't to find one that will make flat shapes for airfield layout fairly well.

It needs the following to be usfull to us.

1. Ability to make detail/sub faces, i.e. polygone hiarcy.
2. The ability to give polygons a number or label. This is needed to determan what are runways, taxyways & rearm pads ect.
3. Have a documented file format or exporter.

If one can be found we could include the ability to make your own shapes for the terrain editor.

I know nothing about this stuff!
Anything helpful here?
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/resources/general/

Pokie