Author Topic: Time to cancel 1.09 release  (Read 537 times)

Offline Panthor

• Zinc Member
Time to cancel 1.09 release
« on: March 13, 2002, 08:37:46 PM »
Okay

It's obvious there was poor management and planning by HTC on the release of AH ver 1.09.  It's time to cancel the release and burn the new code on CDs and mail them to subscribers.

A similar event occured with EA and Air Warrior that eventually led to the downfall of that game.

Offline Kutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.cfl.rr.com/kutt
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 09:08:14 PM »
Relax

We are only a few hours into this. It's going to take a day or two for the smoke to clear and things to settle down. I wish there had been more mirror sites, but I hardly think we are on the brink of "the downfall of the game".

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Re: Time to cancel 1.09 release
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 09:13:32 PM »
Originally posted by Panthor
Okay

It's obvious there was poor management and planning by HTC on the release of AH ver 1.09.  It's time to cancel the release and burn the new code on CDs and mail them to subscribers.

A similar event occured with EA and Air Warrior that eventually led to the downfall of that game.

Oh yea! Now there is a cost effective alternative!

HiTech is so new at this, he needs all the management assistance he can get. :rolleyes:

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 10:43:24 PM »
The past few updates have taken a toll on the servers.  But it never lasts long (2-6 hours are pretty bad....the next few days show increased server load).  Its a tad frustrating at times, but it works itself out quickly.

Offline N1kPaz

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 10:51:56 PM »
go ahead and cancel...you'll be back LOL

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 11:04:35 PM »
ZeroPing

Error (not one that has been said)
"Error the file stdshape.res could not be opened"
? i have DL this 3 times now with DAP (getting about 150 KB a sec with it from the site) and it still doesnt work... any one that CAN play it yet? j/w, and any one have this problem also?

IP: Logged

03-13-2002 10:43 PM          

Pyro
Administrator

That error is bad news. It means that the file it is trying to patch is not exactly what it expects to find. This is almost always caused by one of two things. Either you have a virus or a hard drive error. I'd recommend running a virus scan and disk scan. After that, you can only get the update by either downloading the full version or if you still have the downloads of previous versions that can still get you up to 1.08 patch 6, you can install those again before installing the 1.09 patch.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 11:05:53 PM »
i cant believe the udder stupidity of this post panthor or whoever u are ,get a fuggin clue , better yet go play warbirds 8P

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2002, 12:26:01 AM »
Panthor.....

Like I was trying to tell ya before we had to log, these sort of problems are what happen when you make big changes to the game.

HTC is not EA; HTC actually FIXES the bugs in AH.  Look for these problems to be squashed VERY quickly, like in under a week.

J_A_B

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2002, 12:53:54 AM »
Oh BTW, I'm getting the CTD's too.  I just know they're going to be fixed soon enough.

Personally I suspect it's something to do with AHvoice but that's just my own suspicion.  In my past experiences voice programs have been notorious for causing CTD's.  

Whatever the cause is, HTC WILL get it sorted out rapidly.

J_A_B

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2002, 01:09:11 AM »
:rolleyes:   .....shuddup Panthor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Re: Time to cancel 1.09 release
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2002, 03:20:52 AM »
Originally posted by Panthor
Okay

Panthor, take a look at the announcement, another site is being made available for downloads.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2002, 03:39:07 AM »
its obvious he is addicted to AH like the rest of us .. and amoung the lets go nuts downloading it all at the same time crowd .... shure the servers are loaded and its taking awhile ... well go to bed get up early and try again ... "DAP" works great for it u can pause the download and come back later when its less busy or switch to the mirror site . thats what I did and I was updated in under 15 mins .(total time trying) .

BTW that bf110   just rocks .  And the ar 234 w/ the rear cannons well lol I managed to get one kill and 1 assist 1st time out .great job  All at HTC
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2002, 10:57:28 AM »
Beeeeeeeeeeppppppp!!!!.......Dipshit Alert!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2002, 11:00:47 AM »
Panthor, I made some posts about this situation in this thread

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2002, 11:04:19 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2002, 11:49:14 AM »
I was having trouble getting it at first, the "gotta have it NOW" crowd was killing my d/l, lol. I waited patiently and late at night/early morning I got it just fine. Too bad I was drunk when I finally got it, lmao, my first action in the new version was a quick death :rolleyes: lol.