Author Topic: avi problems  (Read 514 times)

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
avi problems
« on: March 15, 2002, 09:40:02 PM »
When ever I create an avi in the AH film viewer, i cannot view it because it says the format is not supported.  Is there any way to remedy this situation?  I have tried using the DivX codec compression which I know I have, and it still says the same thing.

Also, on another note, on the films that I record, it does not record myself looking around.  Is there a way to record the flight with the looking around?  

Thx.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Re: avi problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 05:32:01 PM »
Weave;
Second first; The .avi will contain whatever views you include "while you're recording".  I found success with the MS MPG 2 codec.
Beeg

Originally posted by Weave
When ever I create an avi in the AH film viewer, i cannot view it because it says the format is not supported.  Is there any way to remedy this situation?  I have tried using the DivX codec compression which I know I have, and it still says the same thing.

Also, on another note, on the films that I record, it does not record myself looking around.  Is there a way to record the flight with the looking around?  

Thx.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
avi problems
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 06:07:23 PM »
Thx Beegerite.  I'll give the codec a shot!

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
avi problems
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 02:35:07 PM »
Well that didn't work either.:(

My system is P4, 1.3ghz, 32meg vid card, 512ram, 40ghz HD. I'm running Win XP pro as op sys.

I can record films, convert them to avi, but can't get them to play. Could it be something to do with XP? I must say I am getting quite frustrated with this most awaited feature of 1.09.:mad:

Anyone, got a clue?:confused:

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
avi problems
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 07:15:37 PM »
Weave;
How big are your films?  I hope that they show more than 0 kb.  At my first try I clicked on convert to .avi and somehow got confused and ended the process right there.  A file showed up with a size of 0 kb because I hadn't given the program time to render the file to .avi  The rendering process takes time and to do it the film actually plays at a very slow rate while the process is happening.  Only after going through this will you find your named file has anything in it but a name.
Beeg

Originally posted by Weave
Well that didn't work either.:(

My system is P4, 1.3ghz, 32meg vid card, 512ram, 40ghz HD. I'm running Win XP pro as op sys.

I can record films, convert them to avi, but can't get them to play. Could it be something to do with XP? I must say I am getting quite frustrated with this most awaited feature of 1.09.:mad:

Anyone, got a clue?:confused: