Author Topic: AH voice question.  (Read 519 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2002, 09:23:05 AM »
so HT.. are there plans for fixing AH voice so that we can squelch all but squad?
lazs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2002, 09:42:58 AM »
Hard to fix somthing that works as intended.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2002, 10:02:06 AM »
Please consider this a feature request.

Hooligan

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2002, 10:08:23 AM »
ok.... Ht.. are their any plans to add a feature that will allow us to squelch all but squadmembers?
lazs

Offline maddog1

• Zinc Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2002, 10:21:39 AM »
Rip,

Can squech married players..... but only male married players...you know that........ ever try to squech a wife!

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2002, 10:25:59 AM »
most married male players are only capable of saying "yes dear" at this stage of the game any how....

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2002, 10:50:32 AM »
Know what really sucks?  That this thread is even necessary.  Last night I flew various missions to 9, 10 and 52 and either asked other Rooks to join our voice chanel or spoke to them on the range chanel.  It was amazing!  Everybody kept focused and only communicated very concise and professional sounding comms relating to target coordinates, altitudes, six calls etc.   The result was a coordinated taking back of 10 and 9 in short order.

I've only heard one instance of some would be napoleon berating another Rook on the range chanel and that wasn't last night.  When I came in here today I was planning on putting up a separate post about that incident but since this thread exists here's my thought.  PLEASE DON'T F-UP ONE OF THE BEST FEATURES EVER TO GRACE THIS GAME BY MISUSING IT!  If you've got a squeak about somebody not covering you (which is usually very subjective at best) etc. do not succumb to the temptation of letting your testastorone run your mouth.  Keep the range chanel clean and professional and it will lead to much better game play and absolutely great AH films which you'll be happy to run for your grandmother.  

People are just beginning to sense it's benefits and have begun to use it but will soon revert back to silence if they think that they are going to be insulted etc. by voice which is a lot more scathing than the written form.  It's nice to talk to squaddies but even nicer to also get to know the voices of other countrymen and to be able to effectively communicate with them.  

Please give this your consideration.
Thanks
Beeg
CO Rampaging Rooks of Retribution

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2002, 08:58:27 AM »
beeg.. I think yu are missing my point.  I am one of those who likes to socialize with my squaddies on voice and.... a lot of stuff we say to each other would not make sense to others listening anyway... not to mention... we call each other by name and not handle.   We also don't like getting interupted.

I am simply asking if there is a way or if it is planned to make it available that we only talk to who we wish and that only they have to listen to our drivel.   I certainlyu don't want to have to squelch 100+ players every time I come on.   I don't have that much time.
lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2002, 09:18:37 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
beeg.. I think yu are missing my point.  I am one of those who likes to socialize with my squaddies on voice and.... a lot of stuff we say to each other would not make sense to others listening anyway... not to mention... we call each other by name and not handle.   We also don't like getting interupted.

I am simply asking if there is a way or if it is planned to make it available that we only talk to who we wish and that only they have to listen to our drivel.   I certainlyu don't want to have to squelch 100+ players every time I come on.   I don't have that much time.
lazs

Lazshole

From what you are saying it sounds as if you may not be fully aware of the 2 modes of AH Voice: Channel and Area/Room.  If you choose a sqaud channel that no one else is using, then no one else can hear what you and your sqaud have to say, when you broadcast on that channel.  I think you broadcast on one or the other, not both.   My sqaud does this regularly.  It sounds as if the area voice cannot be blocked.  As it stands, you can be selective with your outgoing voice, but not incoming.  1 of the 2 things that you are asking for.

eskimo

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2002, 10:28:28 AM »
There are no plans to implement range/room squelch

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
HT
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2002, 10:51:11 AM »
Any chance for a separate volume control for each channel then?

One would have that in an aircraft with two radios. Then we could at least make the squad channel a bit louder than range. Or, alternatively, perhaps a "cueing" program that gives squad messages a priority over a simultaneous range transmission?

I don't mind the range so much.. except when it blots out squad transmissions. As I said, in an aircraft that's easily adjusted with the volume controls. This from a guy that used to have to listen to 3 radios at once in the RC-135.

Thanks for particiating, in any event.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2002, 11:39:22 AM »
Hitech,
One thing to keep in mind is that there is nothing to block swearing over AH Voice - Icon/range/area.  I live in a household with folks who I really do not want exposed to some of the words that others choose to use over voice (ages 2 to 82).  I can't imagine how swearing can be stopped, and I'm certainly not going to tell on anyone, let alone even note their names.

eskimo

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2002, 02:36:42 PM »
Wow!  I dont know who everyone flys with but so far I have not one problem with range AHVoice.  Most people have been extremely professional.  The range channel is great due to you can call out 6 calls and receive them.  A number of times non-squadmates have saved me due to the range AHVoice.  

:)
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
AH voice question.
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2002, 03:50:26 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
Wow!  I dont know who everyone flys with but so far I have not one problem with range AHVoice.  Most people have been extremely professional.  The range channel is great due to you can call out 6 calls and receive them.  A number of times non-squadmates have saved me due to the range AHVoice.  

:)

AH Voice is great and I love it.

A few times, however, family members have heard things that have made me cringe.

eskimo

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
AH voice question.
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
Guess we're going to have to learn a new skill; keeping it short and professional!  One thing about this is that I no longer have the option of being on a voice activated RW which with a guy like me who swears at a drop of a hat was a curse.  Now, I have to consciously press the button before I open my mouth.  As I said before this is a great tool and I'm hoping that it leads to better communications among countrymen and much better game play.
Beeg

P.S Laz   Sorry, I wasn't directly addressing your post and fully understand your position and desires but as you can see from this HT post, it ain't to be.

Originally posted by hitech
There are no plans to implement range/room squelch