Author Topic: Our lovely B26  (Read 471 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Our lovely B26
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2002, 03:30:59 AM »
SOB, this is not the case, just the opposite.
This post is about B26, but may be related to any other buff type. The fact is that I've seen this behaviour in B26 much more than with any other plane. Some one pickups a B26 and start a CAP at his base at very low level with an unloaded B26 using it as mobile ack/fighter looking for goons or M3 while smashing the attacking jabos. The funny thing is that they are getting a good degree of success in this role.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Our lovely B26
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2002, 04:34:04 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
SOB, Some one pickups a B26 and start a CAP at his base at very low level with an unloaded B26 using it as mobile ack/fighter looking for goons or M3 while smashing the attacking jabos. The funny thing is that they are getting a good degree of success in this role.

Thats exactly what just happened in A8 5mins ago. But I killed  it...:D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2002, 04:36:07 AM by mipoikel »
I am a spy!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Our lovely B26
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2002, 06:15:16 AM »
I see what you mean now.  Still, more power to 'em.  First of all, they're upping from a disadvantage if they choose to try and cap a base that's being attacked.  At any point from the time they spawn to the time they're able to set autopilot and hop to a gun position they're completely helpless.  After that, they're flying low level in a sturdy gun platform, with enemy fighters buzzing around above them.  All the enemy fighters/JABOs need to do is get a little half-assed coordination going and dive in on the poor bastard at the same time and he's toast.  Hell, one experienced fighter should be able to down him with minimal or no damage to himself with that kind of alt advantage.  If they can't, their buff killing skill level is probably somewhere between that of an FDB or a sea slug (the sea slug being at the top of the chart, naturally).

If these B26s are having any success at this kind of tactic at all, it's surely because they're killing an endless stream of newbies flying in single file up their 6.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Our lovely B26
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2002, 08:14:39 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
Some one pickups a B26 and start a CAP at his base at very low level with an unloaded B26 using it as mobile ack/fighter looking for goons or M3 while smashing the attacking jabos. The funny thing is that they are getting a good degree of success in this role.

Must really knot your shorts when someone ruins a perfectly good vultching session like that :rolleyes:

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Our lovely B26
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2002, 11:38:22 AM »
Originally posted by Pepe
The ability to steer the plane from gun stations...

I hate to jump into such an entertaining thread with such a dumb question, but how on earth do you steer a B26 from gun stations?

Thanks for your help,

Seagoon
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Our lovely B26
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2002, 11:42:18 AM »
Using rudder pedals  :)

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Our lovely B26
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2002, 01:16:01 PM »
Mandoble, AKDejaVu.