Author Topic: Ok, wo who is the guy running VC in circles?  (Read 260 times)

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
Ok, wo who is the guy running VC in circles?
« on: April 16, 2002, 07:53:01 PM »
I swear to God, 50% of the time our CV is near an attack target, some joker has the thing practically turning circles.

Could you please, PLEASE quit making such tight turn points?

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 10:16:28 PM »
I swear to God, 50% of the time our CV is near an attack target, some joker has the thing practically turning circles.

I agree, all enemy ships please go straight so I can sink them!

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 10:20:03 PM »
who is the guy running VC

Uncle Ho

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2002, 10:37:34 PM »
If there were enemy warships and submarines, this silliness of having an entire carrier group turning circles 3 miles off an enemy base would not happen.

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2002, 11:19:53 PM »

Uncle Ho

heshe is on vacation in the "virgin islands" right now. heshe will be back soon. must be shehe playing on heshe's account watching the house:D

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 02:22:46 AM »
CVs did maneuver radically when under attack.  They did not typically launch and recover aircraft (voluntarily) when under enemy air attack.  As they should be, CVs are a lot harder to hit when they turn frequently so there is a valid point to it.

Hooligan

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2002, 02:29:13 AM »
If there were enemy warships and submarines, this silliness of having an entire carrier group turning circles 3 miles off an enemy base would not happen.

Don't forget about the bombers, shore guns, PT boats, TBMs, and everything else that sinks ships.  I don't drive task groups, but I have sank a few.

You can see who has control by cliking on the "Ships" button on your clipboard.  If there is no commander listed, you can take control.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2002, 03:37:49 AM »
it remind me something ....

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2002, 05:21:55 AM »
Good old times :) Bring Loose Rivets back!

Fariz

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2002, 07:15:16 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup

Uncle Ho

Hmm I always thought it was some little guy called Charlie... :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2002, 08:27:59 AM »
"Bota Bing!.......Bota BOOM!"

:D:D

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2002, 09:09:24 AM »
Hehe, well BotaBoom looks like you got yer answer :rolleyes:
As it turns out, last night I was the guy who was responsible for the TG 31's evasives. I believe I told you that right after you asked over the country channel who the genius was who was controlling the ship ;)
I also recommended that if you wanted to drive I'd be happy to hand you the keys...no response :cool:
I also explained the situation to you; if I hadn't taken over the TG and set it on a course outta there we would have lost the thing 15 minutes earlier ;)  There was noone in charge of the TG and we had just lost defense of A28; there was no point in the TG hanging around with many nme TBMs,Ju-88s,PT Boats, P-47's, Me-110s and P-38's coming in Kamikaze mode to kill it :cool:
So for the second time last night I managed to get a Rook TG out of harms way while there was nobody home at the controls.
As many have explained in their responses here to your.. ahem .. questions, there is good reason to manuever a TG away from nme attacks. If it spoils yer aim, then switch gun positions. If it spoils your landing pattern, figure you got a wave off and go around to try again ;)

Offline BotaBing

• Copper Member
Don..
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2002, 10:45:46 AM »
Heya Don...

Heheh the screen was so spammed I dont think I ever saw your message.

All I know is that last night was nothing new, so it wasnt a personal complaint :)

It seems every day I have played since I got back, there comes a time when I go to launch from a CV, and generally, probably like 50% of the time, its turning.

I really think the whole situation could be addressed by 1 of 2 things.

#1 ~ Dont get them so damn close to enemy air bases that you have to run in circles to avoid bombers

#2 ~ If you need it that close, stand there in the tower and act like an XO, using the area chat channel to tell people on the runway when its ok to take off!

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2002, 10:55:10 AM »
With a little practice, taking off from turning CV is not a problem. Of coarse that auto-takeoff isn't gonna work for ya.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2002, 11:09:43 AM »
Hell Bota Bing when I took over control last night, that TG was so close to the shore of A28 I coulda spit at the Nits attacking it :)
There weren't enough Rooks to stop them, and even less once we lost the place. I was in a 5 inch gunners slot and was busy shooting and killing nme diving on the TG. I found there was nobody driving so I took us the hell away from there to regroup and go back; we still didnt get enough people the fight from the CV to make a difference unfortunately.
Yeah a turning CV is tough to take off from but, hehe it's even tougher to land on one when yer down to fumes for fuel and too far from the nearest friendly base :) I managed to land one like that and, I'm still proud of that one :) The thing was under attack and flak bursting all around and planes taking off and guns firing and nme exploding all around, and I just managed to catch one of the wires on the CV doing a 360 turn; man was that ever exciting.
I hear what yer saying but, look over the situation once you get on one of the CV, then plan what yer gonna do.
While it may be true that some guys will take over a CV and keep turning it so they, or their friends can get the best shooting position for themselves, others may be doing it to actually keep the CV from becoming toast