Author Topic: my stick set up  (Read 295 times)

Offline BDBAL

• Zinc Member
my stick set up
« on: April 17, 2002, 08:34:02 PM »
1-trigger for primary and secondary guns simultaneously.
2-bombs and rockets
3-set hat for perimeter views 360 on horizon
4- set hat "up" 360 views
5- wep
6- record film
7- clipboard map
8-damage report

In my opinion switching guns is a waste of time in a furball, use all you have got, thus all weapons on trigger. Yet you can firerockets and drop bombs by backspacing and using button 2. I use button 3 for a full horizontal 360 degree view, the reason button 3 is keyed is that I can return from button 4; an up view 360 degree.

The button 4 views are set under setup 2 on stick mapping, while button 3 views are under setup 1 on stick mapping.

5 is for WEP, easy to find in a fight (or flight.)

6 to record actions
7- by having clipboard mapped to 7 makes it easier to use map, strat and pick aircraft in hanger.
8-great to check in flight while being pinged, keps your screen clear during rest of flight.

On the off chance anyone wants or needs a detail of my stick mapping please e mail me at kmmickle@hotmail.com. Or find me in the MA.

BDBAL

Offline BDBAL

• Zinc Member
my stick set up
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 08:39:37 PM »
oops new thread...responding to Tokatas post...oh well

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: my stick set up
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 12:04:56 PM »
See post below.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2002, 12:53:32 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: my stick set up
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 12:54:31 PM »
Here's my setup for the Thrustmaster Afterburner. Note that I have mapped my gun switch to the throttle to eliminate stick movement caused by the muscle tension of squeezing the trigger.

This setup works for me because it incorporates the functions I use most in a fight. For example, I do not map the clipboard because I will not be looking at the map in the middle of a dogfight. However, I may need to use the flaps, so they are mapped to the throttle.

See image below:

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.