Author Topic: Perk point adjustment for RTB  (Read 799 times)

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Perk point adjustment for RTB
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
S!

The "kill stealing" is there and not very funny.Gets on your nerves if Ya score a good kill after an exhausting fight and some1 dives in and get's the kill by firing on the falling plane.To cure this..dinnae what to do.
 But assists could still be awarded,for example with a little pointbonus.Can be less than what I suggested,maybe even 0.05pts only.I wouldn't get after a tumbling plane for measly 0.05 pts and loose my alt in doing so.

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2001, 07:03:00 AM »
Pretty favorable response to this idea in general I'd say.  Thanks you guys for all your input!

Now, how do we get HTC to at least consider the change?  I do remember him stating the perk system would be open to experimentation for a while.  It sounds like we have something for consideration.  Is just discussing it in this thread enough?  Put another way, where do I send the case of beer?    

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2001, 08:32:00 AM »

Flying the Yak9U most of my kills used to be due to shredding the tail of the enemy. It was so damned annoying to watch someone come and make the tumbling plane explode.

It happens less these days. I got a new joystick and my gunnery improved a lot. Tend to shred the whole plane from 200yds now =)
Only get one or two kills per sortie, but I usually land with 50-70% of my ammunition left =)

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
IMHO what you suggested is a good idea however, I think that the majority of pilots online don't see enough perked items to warrant the usage of their points. Therefore increasing the amount of point returns will only yield a larger surplus of perk points for these pilots. That being said, it really wouldn't encourage a pilot to 'fly to live' if he doesn't already because at the moment there really isn't a need to provide more points until we get more worthwhile items to spend on.

I don't deny that there are a few pilots who fly perks very often and this implementation would benefit those, and may eventual benefit others.

Sturm

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
I highly doubt someone can get 8-15 perk points per flight for an average 1.4 kills per flight.  At any rate something should be done to add a bonus for landing.  Right now I will look for extra kill instead of landing.  

Increasing CV landing PP would help tremendously.  As far as assists I can name a few out there who love to go in after you winged a pilot and try and steal your kill.  Something in damage modeling needs to be done so that when a plane becomes uncontrolable it can take more damage but does not count towards players overall damage inflicted on it.  This would stop a lot of the kill stealers when they know that firing their ammo into the target might bring it down quicker they wont get the kill for it.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Good idea oboe. I would support a strong bonus for successful RTB and Cv landing. Makes sense and would make pilots fly smarter. No doubt about it.

Even those who whines about perks, scoring and rank would be influenced.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2001, 10:13:00 AM »
Keep in mind that increasing the reward for landing will increase the difference in perks flown my the ace pilots verus the the inexperienced pilots.  It will make the difference between the haves and have nots larger.

Is this really desirable?

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
Sturm, ah nevermind you simply wouldn't understand...

My other highly intellectual Aces High compatriots, You know the highly whined about Chogs and N1K2s? Target those lil' dudes and you'll see your perk points sky rocket. Use planes like the 205/202, 190A5, 109F4 or G2, and the P38 and rack up 3 or 4 kills per flight. You will land and get between 8 and 15 perk points, guaranteed.
-SW

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
How about something to encourage the perkie hunters to actually hang around a base until it's captured, LOL?

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
I am all for an increase in landing bonus.

Man you would think that PP whiners would stay off this thread.

Jessh.

Acid, we will hopefully have a couple more perks to spend our hard earned points.  As for now, i really dont think the temp and 152 are really that popular perk rides. Temp=sup`up typoon, I dont know much about the 152, just that i dont fly it.

When we get something like a F8F or a Me262 you can bet plp will start buying.

LaVa

lazs

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
much better to just eliminate the idiotic perk system and get rid of all the convoluted, anal, bean counting and petty intrigue.   touch gloves, go to your corners and come out fighting at the bell.
lazs

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:

.....109F4....

As a mediocre pilot myself I had a tough time building up perk points.  I only had around 210 or so after building them up for a month or whatever when the system started.  The night before last I dropped to 40 something after wasting a Tempest.  I began an effort to rebuild my perks back above Tempest cost.  One of my squaddies suggested I fly the 109F4 to do so.  Its a great little plane....turns pretty well...has ok speed...and handles nicely even with the gondolas on.  I am back above teh Tempest price after only 1 nite in the plane.

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
DB603:
--------------------------------------------
 The "kill stealing" is there and not very funny.Gets on your nerves if Ya score a good kill after an exhausting fight and some1 dives in and get's the kill by firing on the falling plane.To cure this..dinnae what to do.
--------------------------------------------

Here's my suggestion....

Only award a kill to someone who downs a plane all by himself.  If more than one person puts bullets into a plane, then *everyone* who does so gets an assist, and no one is awarded a 'kill'.

It just might reduce gangbanging a little, too, because gangbangers wouldn't get kills, only assists.

anRky

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
Sounds good to me.
Kirin people try to steal kills now. Rewarding assists would probably effect that about zero.
I like the reward system for landing on the carrier.
I think the reward for landing(even now) should kick in when you rearm. Those kills were landed and should be counted as such.
That would probably require the reworking of what HT keeps track of as a sorti...but would be worth it I think.

If people started seriosly trying to land on carrier then the flames vs the carrier jinkers would rise astronomically.

I think it would be far better to tie in mission success to all participants and then the present landing multiplier to encourage game play then just inflating the landing multiplier. Flying arround sniping targets of high opertunity low risk would be a mission multipier of 1.
Taking a large base would be a mission multipier of 5.
That would be very hard to program I think. Whats a real mission? Defend your HQ when no one is attacking it?
Hard to do.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2001, 03:43:00 PM »
take it to the next step ...

You HAVE to return to base to claim ANY perk points ! You die, you lose any and all points from that sortie.

that'd change the entire game, maybe a change for the better.

Along that line, I'd like to see score factored into the equation. Say anyone greater than 1000, 500, etc (whatever decided level) in ranking would not need any perk points and would be allowed to fly them all. That way the newbies (read - New Customers) would not be penalized for their inexperience while the sharpshooters would have to be more conservative in their tactics. At the same time we'd all be able to fly any plane at the beginning of each tour until we were ranked. Seems like a system like would tie all the elements of the game together.

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 04-20-2001).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder