Author Topic: Things i now understand, Many thanks  (Read 85 times)

Offline Fowler

• Zinc Member
Things i now understand, Many thanks
« on: April 29, 2002, 08:53:47 AM »
ok thanks for all the help on these boards i wouldnt even had gotten off the ground if it were not for you guys and gals/

I finally understand deflection shooting.  At first i thought that you needed to lead out in front of your bandit a little to hit it.  Now i understand what everyone was saying about not being able to see your target when you leading him... So when someone says deflection shooting from now on im thinking of not being able to see the bandit at all when im shooting, in fact i usually have to push up a little to see if i hit the target or not...
Deflection shooting scored me about 14 or 15 kills in a few hours. when i got the hang of it this weekend.  Shooting is so important i didnt understand this until know.  

Also I now understand a snapshot, I was in a situation where i knew there was no way in hell i could turn with the bandit so in stead of trying to get one his six and die, i accepted the fact that i couldnt turn with him and l I looked at his flight path i  turned into his line of flight put guns into it and i hit him...

I also understand HO, Head on should be renamed HOC for me i dont bother because 75% of the time i take a cheap death in a collision and the other guy lives... not worth the re up.. so i avoid head ons at all costs because usually, if i dont crash in to the enemy, he is a way better head on shot than me.

SA ive learned this one the tough way.  If your not going to take the time to check radar check all your views every 15- 30 seconds I have might as well have not taken off.  I guess i tried to ignore the fact that this is a skill you have to use.  If I engaged with a bandit and i am right on his butt I still better be checking ever view and my radar because most likey someone is in the area hat will help him. Assumptions kill me everytime. I count on other enemys being around..

I now understand energy management.  Someone said to me FOWLER! never move the stick without a good reason, I now live by this when i play aces high.  This has saved my life many of times.  I guess i never really understood the difference between 280 MPH and 300 but now i do.  Its the difference between being able to make a move and not.

And the last thing i learned, Lose sight lose the fight, I can know every circus stunt in the ACM manual but if I dont see what I want to kill I am better off at an airshow, I could never understand why these ACM's didnt work for me, i now know why.

anyhow thanks for all the help you guys have given over the lst month, it has helped me a ton.  I still die alot but i try to look at my mistakes on every death.

thanks again
fowler

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 09:35:05 AM »
Just keep at it mate and you'll get there, then you'll be the one dishing out the advice :)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 10:24:03 AM »
Glad you are starting to enjoy success here and enjoying the game.

-math