Author Topic: dogfighting tempest dweeb  (Read 263 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
dogfighting tempest dweeb
« on: April 22, 2001, 01:37:00 AM »
Somthing there is about that plane that makes me dive into clouds of n1k2s and start turning. it's the strangest thing... fly p-38 get a bunch a perks, grab tempest... clobber n1k2's and chogs till engine gets pinged, repeat till perks gone, then grab p38 and go kill some more. must be the false sense of invinsiblity  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

MrSiD

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2001, 03:58:00 AM »
That's weird. I think I haven't found a good tempest pilot yet then, because my definition for that 'TEMP' icon is TEMPorary airborne  

Looking forward to meeting you 1 vs 1 sometime..

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2001, 04:19:00 AM »

Originally posted by Citabria:
Somthing there is about that plane that makes me dive into clouds of n1k2s and start turning. it's the strangest thing... fly p-38 get a bunch a perks, grab tempest... clobber n1k2's and chogs till engine gets pinged, repeat till perks gone, then grab p38 and go kill some more. must be the false sense of invinsiblity  

It's much better than whining about 'em...keep it up  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

jato757

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
one thing ive lerned, avoid head on's

------------------

Hans

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
You know what I've found?

I'm scared silly flying one.  The thought of losing my plane outweighs any sense of invincibility.

It's the opposite really.  As soon as a I spawn on the runway in a Tempest or Arado, I instanly feel that I am the target that people will ALL throw caution to the wind and suicidally attack without mercy.

Thank god the plane's fast, because I think I've spent more time running away then I have spent gaining angles on somebody.

Its a bit irrational too, since I have enough perk points to lose several perk planes in a row.

Hans.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2001, 02:12:00 AM »
S!

I have flown Tempest on a few occasions to test it.Sure,very fast and has the Dweebhanos,but still..don't like it.One thing it does with Ta152 and Ar234 in AH...Just fly near a furball so they see U are flying a perkie(icon).Then watch the result. A real "idiot"magnet(ääliömagneetti in Finnish).The urge to kill a perkie is so strong that U can even lure ppl up from fields by announcing on Ch1 that U are near their field in a perkie,even U are not. Good way to draw attention away  Don't take too seriously...

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
rofl, DB!  I've sat and watched it happen a hundred times, I bet.  Channel fills up with perk plane reports, and it's "tally ho!".

Just too funny  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
I love the Tempest.  It loves me.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Evil Animal shot off the wingtip off my ta yesterday in a bounce. Dinnae even see him.

Limped home, did a perfect ditch on some sloping ground. Continued to roll over a ridge and died.

Heh.

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
I'm with DB603.  I use the Tempest all the time to lure defenders away from bases we are trying to capture.  Works 100 times better than shooting them down, cause they aren't re-upping while they are chasing me in vain.

Last week I had 6 planes chase me almost half a grid away before catching on.  I'd let them gain for a few minutes...then accelerate away....over and over bwahahaha.