Author Topic: apples to oranges  (Read 619 times)

funked

apples to oranges
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
I didn't care much for WWII Arena when I flew it.  It was still the same old furball, same old fantasy map, and the same old silly strat.  Except I had to change sides if I felt like flying a different plane.

But with the more complex strat in AH and the mission planner creating large historical missions, it might work here, who knows.

Like WB though, the planeset here is not balanced.  There is a shortage of axis bombers and we have the additional problem of ground vehicles.  We'd need an allied tank, an axis light AA vehicle, an allied heavy AA vehicle, and an axis half track for starters.  Throw in He 177, Betty, Peggy, Il-2, Tu-2, and we might have us a ballgame.  

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-14-2001).]

Offline Fangio

• Zinc Member
apples to oranges
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
As a long time WB pilot... going back to the CK beta,  I just started flying AH due to horrible WB connects making unplayable. Basically...  after getting aclimated I LOVE AH. It blows WB 2.xx away.

With WBIII out in beta, I figure in a couple of months its highly likely that WB will catch up to AH and the mostly graphics/features ect stuff in AH that currently give it a huge edge will be be negated.

If the two games become equal again and WB has a WWII arena with historical matchups and a RPS....  Im gone back to WB.

The only thing I dont like about AH is the all late war planeset, 3 country setup  fantasy land ect.   I know there are tons of valid arguments and valid solutions that have been tried for both historical and fantasy setups... Im simply saying that to get my few bucks a month... its the WWII arena everythings else being the same.

Now when WWII Online comes out if its even 50% of what they are shoot for,  im a goner from WB and AH!

Fang
JG26  (err in WB at least)