Author Topic: Let's agree on the etiquette of kill stealing (or lack thereof)  (Read 510 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Let's agree on the etiquette of kill stealing (or lack thereof)
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2002, 11:40:22 AM »
I agree with SOB pretty much and add another suggestion to the pile.

If I can manage to kill the guy in the chute, then no matter who actually shot the plane down I should get the kill and not them.

Matter of fact the system should display a text message like this:

Your last kill was stolen from you by Mino

Blinking system text would also be a nice feature I would think.

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2002, 12:20:15 PM »
What I really admire is people who manage to keep their heads and talk their way through any potential misunderstandings.

Yesterday, I'm on my way back to base, when this con shows up at a nearby base, flying around unopposed, presumably having a great time.  I divert, and by the time I get there, the town is smoking, and Trikky and another guy are chasing a p38 on the deck.  I watch for a moment, but it looks as if the 38 is extending, so since I have a fabulous alt advantage, I opt in.  I try to let Trikky know I'm above him and on my way down, except Vox suddenly stops working (as it does).  I'm fighting the compression, so the last thing I'm going to do is type away.  

The 38 thinks he has enough room from Trikky, starts to turn, I remove his wingtip and he flops into the ground.  I'm on my radio to Trikky because now Vox starts working again (as it does).  Trikky actually gets the kill, so I say something along the lines of "Well done, looks like you put enough into him"  and he replies "Well, I didn't get the piece that mattered."  I explained that I'd tried to vox him, and he says "Hey, I'm just glad he's dead."

Trikky, wish there were more like you in the MA.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2002, 12:20:44 PM »
Kill stealing should only occur with short burst from the cannons while the pinky finger is extended.  Followed by a brief dab (not wipe) of the drewl from the corner of your mouth.

For FDBs:  It is impolite to pleasure one self while attempting to steal a kill or shortly therafter.

Dang... I could do a whole book on ediquette and manners while stealing kills.

AKDejaVu

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2002, 02:40:51 PM »
Let's just buck up a bit....for goodness sake, kill everything red everytime and be grateful you've got friendlies with you and your not 6v1.

I will shoot at everything unless it's someone I know and they are engaged 1v1(a rare happening in the MA)...I will ask if they want help before jumpin in. Anyone else, especially newbies, I'll jump right in uninvited...they should pay their dues ya know:)

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2002, 04:37:45 PM »
Today, I'm T'n'B in a furball, i get a 109 fly by my screen and i take a snap shot at it. 2 seconds later i get someone berating me on the range channel for attempting to steal his kill.

2 minutes after this i'm in the same furball and i've just taken half an f4's wing off and i'm following him down to make sure he's good and dead when along somes the same geezer whos just had a go at me and pumps 5000 rounds of 50 cal rubbish into the f4.

:mad:

I was not pleased.  But there is not a DAMN THING you can do about it.  Fatal damage is not possible to work out because it could have taken 5 friendly planes ping hits to cause it, who do you give the kill too then?? The first guy to hit with one ping or the last who actually saw the bits flying off the target.

I now have 1 policy for this, if its flying its fair game. Tough. I might leave it if i see it's got no wings at all but then again what the heck.  If your not happy about it start recording films of the alleged 'Kill Steals' and start shaming the alleged 'stealer' on this board with the films.

Rant over :D

Gatso

Offline smack

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.airwarrioronline.com
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2002, 11:55:42 PM »
I dont agree at all with this I suck at this game but there is people that steal kills out there. I was about 20k and shot off vertical stabalizer from a 109 Now that plane is spining and losing control and he is going down "The rest of the guys" seen me shoot his vertical stabalizer off. Now what can that 109 do? Nothing he had it why someone has to come and try to finish him off he is goind down already.

I think they will always be lamers on this game stealing kills.

In the last month I have shot 6 vertical stabalizers at 15k to 20k and I see people fallow them until they blow them up and take my kill.

"LAME"

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2002, 12:22:54 AM »
I guess I don't suffer from my kills getting stolen as much as some people here... I had my share of kills getting stolen but, to me, it happens... that's about it.

Offline robsan

• Copper Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2002, 05:22:54 AM »
Nobody can steal your Kills.

It's up to you to evaluate your success in downing an enemy Plane.

If you take off it's wings, it's dead.
If you kill the pilot, both are dead.
If you do enough damage to prevent the enemy pilot from flying his Plane in a controlled manner, he'll have to bail in a moment or two - or both are dead.

That's common sense.

If someone else is awarded the kill, then that's the AH Scoring System.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that the AH Scoring System is better, or more accurate, than your own judgement?

Nobody can steal your kills, for you know who got the kill, even if the kill msg in the  text buffer displays another name.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2002, 05:26:35 AM »
Robsan.....very well put.If your not a perk farmer thats how it goes.Unfortunatly if you want credited for that blown off stabaliser your gonna have to spend some more ammo finishing it at times.Sad but true.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2002, 05:39:07 AM »
WTG Robsan. Thats it!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2002, 09:43:28 AM »
I have to revise my previous stance.  If presented with that rare bonus occasion of someone that really flips out over trivial nonsense (like having a kill 'stolen' in a 50 plane furball), I will take full advantage of the opportunity and see if we can't get a full scale mental breakdown.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2002, 11:29:15 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
If presented with that rare bonus occasion of someone that really flips out over trivial nonsense (like having a kill 'stolen' in a 50 plane furball), I will take full advantage of the opportunity and see if we can't get a full scale mental breakdown.

And that is a good reason to be careful about your ranting. A whine actually encourages bastiges like Fatty to continue the behavior you are whining about.

It’s like those psychology experiments. If the chicken gets the food even once, he will continue to peck at the lever for a long time. (If you’re having trouble following, Fatty = chicken, whine = food, bastardly behavior = pecking.)
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline smack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2002, 03:52:45 PM »
I guess you guys don't see the point here. I dont care about kills or score you can check my stats "RootBeer" and see I suck. But my point is why are you going to waist ammo on a plane that is already going down? The guy is no longer effective he is going down why keep shoting him! No the plane that still flying with 1/2 a wing I can understand you inini on that guy but someone that has no tail and is spinning to earth at 250mph I call it steling kills.

And I have seen 8 guys chasing one smoking reck to the ground while there is 5 more enemy planes around. <-- Not smart.

I really don't care about who gets the kill or I will never want to be better than anybody else but hey get your own kill :).

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2002, 03:56:09 PM »
But my point is why are you going to waist ammo on a plane that is already going down? The guy is no longer effective he is going down why keep shoting him! No the plane that still flying with 1/2 a wing I can understand you inini on that guy but someone that has no tail and is spinning to earth at 250mph I call it steling kills.
Try not to think of them as kill stealers... instead think of them as bait.

AKDejaVu

Offline smack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2002, 04:03:57 PM »
Im going to have to join this AK squad they have a answer for everything :). Good point " Special Anouncement " From now own you will have to cover your own six if you chase my kills down.