Author Topic: Check News:)  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Check News:)
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2002, 10:20:41 AM »
I guess the complaining may be getting to HTC staff.  However, I pictured them as releasing new aircraft and standing back and watching all the fur fly and laughing hysterically at us.  Anyway, I do want to pass along a heartfelt thank-you to the team.  You aren't #1 because you sit back on your laurels.

banana, shame on you for voting against the P-40.  Next TOD, I'll have Nifty deal with you.   ;)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2002, 10:23:41 AM »
banana, shame on you for voting against the P-40. Next TOD, I'll have Nifty deal with you.

Hey, I can handle Nifty, unless he resorts to fragging me during the TOD like he's been known to do in the past. :)

What really scares me is having to answer to Popeye! :eek:

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2002, 10:24:45 AM »
"(Westy, you can bite my ass)"

Standing by.  Just give a simple wave to signify you're done talking out of it.

Westy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2002, 10:27:15 AM by K West »

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2002, 10:58:59 AM »
In response to a poster's query "What is a troll?" I offer the following daffynitions:

troll:

1.  to pass a vessel around in drinking :) (i.e. AH message board)
2.  to sing lustily in a full, rolling voice;  chant merrily.
3.  to fish for with a moving line using a revolving lure behind a moving boat.  (i.e. AH message board)
4.  In Scandinavian volklore, any of a race of supernatural beings, variously described as being drunken, spoiled, belligerent, noble, brave, or boorish, and possessing magical powers of flight; given to long bouts of fierce discussion and argumentative behavior;  described as either giants or dwarves.  (i.e. AH message board)

Other input is welcome to help clarify the above daffynitions.

Regards, Shuckins  :D

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2002, 11:04:56 AM »
Originally posted by Sachs
who the hell voted for this plane anyway?   Puzzling I tell you.

We all did, remember the poll?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2002, 11:06:41 AM »
Aw hell, I'm glad banana got to choose the planes for one f'in version.

Maybe then we can get some real scenarios going instead of the "damn we don't have this plane, well substitute for that one".. that was one of the biggest complaints about scenarios... and now we are getting scenario planes and the squeaking just keeps rolling on down the hill gathering momentum with each new early war plane added.

Atleast I got an F4F-4 with this update, I don't need no pansy bellybutton late war uber rides to keep me happy.
-SW

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2002, 11:13:40 AM »
Need I say more?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2002, 11:23:20 AM »
HTC,

Please don't take my "Emily" posts to mean I'm not happy with the D3A.

We needed that aircraft for early Pac Theatre setups.  I, for one, am quite happy to see it and it looks great.  Very nice job on the model Natedog!:D
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2002, 11:26:48 AM »
ROFL! Milnko, that was truly inspirational. That was always one of my favorite "far side" cartoons.

Thanks for injecting some urgently-needed humor into this thread. :)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2002, 11:29:03 AM »
The only true constant I think is that their will always be sweetying  on this subject, In a way it is a good thing it shows that we are all impashioned about this hobby of ours, that we all look forward to the next plane and all have planes we would like to see added,Hopefully we will never be truly satisifyed with the plane set and will always want more...

Having said that we must remember that HTC is doing good stuff here and that I for one am always happy to see a new toy wheather or not I am truly happy about it is beside the point overall it is good for the game and envariably good for all of us.

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2002, 11:36:15 AM »
Some of you readers are no doubt artistically reclined.  For those of you that are so endowed, I would like to make a request.

How about producing a picture of the Aces High Troll?

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2002, 11:45:50 AM »
Originally posted by H. Godwineson

How about producing a picture of the Aces High Troll?

I would, but Elfenwolf wouldn't sit still long enough for the painting.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2002, 12:22:24 PM »
Brady you know you are incorrect about at least one thing.
The val can carry the converted 16inch shells from the Nagato that sunk the Arizona...I doubt any zero could loft it....
I want that load out....
It would likly kill a cv with one hit as well.....

Just admit you are bitter about not getting a plane you wanted more..that would fit the MA more..Have the 'grace'  to accept the result of the online poll that HTC ran asking for a choice between the two.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2002, 12:47:33 PM »
" Brady you know you are incorrect about at least one thing.
The val can carry the converted 16inch shells from the Nagato that sunk the Arizona...I doubt any zero could loft it.... "

My sources state that the Val could cary one 551lb bomb and two 60kg bombs.

"I want that load out.... " me to:)

"It would likly kill a cv with one hit as well..... "
  If HTC corectly modeled the effects of HE and AP bombs on the ships we have then ya it would be great:) Now we have a generic effect.

"Just admit you are bitter about not getting a plane you wanted more..that would fit the MA more..Have the 'grace' to accept the result of the online poll that HTC ran asking for a choice between the two."

Bitter may be to harsh a word, I am disapointed that they did not finish the late war plane set( for The Japanese) to be Shure but I am also happy they are doing the early war set, very happy actualy, the problem i have realy is that neither the late war or ealy war plane set for Japan is well balenced and from a CT design perspective it kinda sucks trying to make a balenced (plane wise) set  for Japan.

As far as wheather I want more planes for MA is concerned, I realy could care less, I do not fly in the MA, only in the CT. My point regarding any potential use for a plane in the CT and MA is that it is good for both to add plaes in some case that compeat in both areans and add balence to plane set for the CT and MA. ( In the case of the Grace that is certainly the case)

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2002, 12:52:35 PM »
By observing the activities and comments of the many denizens of the Aces High Message Board,  I have come to the conclusion that the AH Troll is a very diverse species, exhibiting many emotional and psychological characteristics.  

Anybody care to help me define the various types of Aces High Troll?

Sincerely, Shuckins;)