Author Topic: Check News:)  (Read 1867 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Check News:)
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2002, 06:06:40 AM »
Originally posted by moose

First off, the idea that the CMs dictate what planes are put in the game holds no water.

Thats right, suggest is a better word.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline EvilDingo

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mp3.com/einsteinband
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2002, 07:18:56 AM »
For what it's worth, Brady, not all the selections were based solely on scenario selection alone. As an example: I recall, banana was opposed to the P-40's inclusion in 1.10, but it had solid backing among many other CM and CT staffers (those of us that have access to both forums).

Okay, THAT bothers me. I play Aces High primarily for the main arena, but I have flown a few TODs and I love them to death. However, TODs are relatively infrequent (once or twice a week). No offense to you banana, or the CM staff, but I don't want you influancing the new aircraft we get. Obviously, you need some say in what aircraft you need for new and interesting TOD's... but it would bother me to think that the majority of the new aircraft decisions are based on the small collection of CM's we have.

I think the MA should have equal weight when considering new aircraft. Of course, this could be premature -- I don't know what planes will be in 1.10 obviously.

I sympathize with Brady and respect the hard work HTC puts into these new aircraft.  

I don't mind the aircraft we're getting, per se. What DOES bother me is aircraft decisions being based solely (or at least largely) on the leadership of a small collection of CMs. If we never get a P-47M.. I want it to be HTC's decision, not banana's.

This is nothing to do with any one of the CM's characters. I love AH, the MA, and the TOD, but I want something new and exciting to play around with in the MA just as much as the CM's want new TODs.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2002, 07:29:47 AM »
Originally posted by Mitsu
no FD...that's not my point.
i fear the corrosion. at least it should be kept away from the sea.
and also i can't believe a swimming pool is near by this precious plane! :mad:
the visitors may damage it too... :(

LOLOL!!!  I knew what you meant ;)

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2002, 07:33:55 AM »
Originally posted by EvilDingo

Okay, THAT bothers me. I play Aces High primarily for the main arena, but I have flown a few TODs and I love them to death. However, TODs are relatively infrequent (once or twice a week). No offense to you banana, or the CM staff, but I don't want you influancing the new aircraft we get. Obviously, you need some say in what aircraft you need for new and interesting TOD's... but it would bother me to think that the majority of the new aircraft decisions are based on the small collection of CM's we have.

I think the MA should have equal weight when considering new aircraft. Of course, this could be premature -- I don't know what planes will be in 1.10 obviously.

I sympathize with Brady and respect the hard work HTC puts into these new aircraft.  

I don't mind the aircraft we're getting, per se. What DOES bother me is aircraft decisions being based solely (or at least largely) on the leadership of a small collection of CMs. If we never get a P-47M.. I want it to be HTC's decision, not banana's.

This is nothing to do with any one of the CM's characters. I love AH, the MA, and the TOD, but I want something new and exciting to play around with in the MA just as much as the CM's want new TODs.

As moose stated above ... HTC wanted to focus on Special Events right after the last CON. This includes primarily Scenarios and TODs. HTC asked the CMs which planes they needed to be able to run some of these scenarios. The CMs came up with a list. It's as simple as that.

Maybe 1.11 will focus on late war planes and we'll get your P-47M, the BearCat and who knows what else. This update is focused on scenario specific planes.

I'm always amazed and eternally anoyed by all the squeaking that goes on about planes being developed for an update. It's as if you think this will be the absolute last update to the game and there will never be another plane or feature added. Christ people ... stop your squeakin and finger pointing and just enjoy the game!!

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2002, 07:56:13 AM »
“What DOES bother me is aircraft decisions being based solely (or at least largely) on the leadership of a small collection of CMs. If we never get a P-47M.. I want it to be HTC's decision, not banana's.”

What a mah_roon.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2002, 08:00:59 AM »
I would like to think that HTC is not wasting all this time on planes that5 can't/won't be used in the main where all the players are.   I certainly hope that they have an idea for letting these planes into the main...    with some sort of parity.
lazs

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2002, 08:03:12 AM »
You guys are aware you are basically telling HTC to NOT post anymore pictures or give out anymore news to what they are doing for the next release?
You nor I have no idea what the final release for 1.10 will look like.

I would suggest those of you that want to gripe/complain just back away from your keyboard and wait.

I, for one, think the plane is very nice and am looking forward to more news about 1.10.  Those of you that cannot deal with pre-release news as it is intended need to avoid reading about it and posting about it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2002, 08:08:15 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I, for one, think the plane is very nice and am looking forward to more news about 1.10.  Those of you that cannot deal with pre-release news as it is intended need to avoid reading about it and posting about it.

I take back what I said about Skuzzy in the "I "think" I was ejected?!?" thread. Let Skuzzy back in the arena! :)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2002, 08:19:25 AM »
What Moose and Ammo said.  While some have attributed to me phenominal cosmic powers:D, I did not mean to imply that the CM's and other volunteers such as the CT staff are somehow in control of what aircraft and vehicles are produced.  That is HTC's ultimate decision.  They are however regularly asked for input on what A/C and vehicles would be most useful for scenarios, events, CT, TOD, etc.  You, the community at large also influence that process.  These are all weighted factors, with some having perhaps greater weight than others in HTC's decision process.  Remember that log-on poll about what Axis - Allied dive bomber pair most people wanted?  So everyone relax.  The CM's are not "dictating" the new aircraft.  Sorry if people mistook my comments to the contrary.  Mainly I was just trying to point out to my compatriot Brady that the CM's input was not geared solely to scenario support.  I will now crawl back into my hole and go back to contemplating world domination;).

Sabre
CT Staff (an unpaid volunteer with absolutely no real power or authority)
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2002, 08:31:02 AM »
I teach social studies to junior high students at a small school in Arkansas.  They whine just like this when they don't get what they want.

There's more than enough late-war aircraft to keep any reasonable person happy.

Besides, do you have any idea how difficult it is for HTC's staff to research these aircraft and develop flight models for them.  And work out all the programming bugs.  And deal with the whining.  It isn't exactly easy to lay one's hands on the flight data for some of these aircraft.

Be thankful that they're releasing as many new aircraft as they are.  Rest assured, they're working on others for you late-war, uber plane types.

Until they come out, how about showing a little maturity and patience, as well as some respect for the guys doing all the development work?!

Grudging regards, Shuckins

P.S.   I've noticed that many of you guys that post on the message board like to tell seedy, off-color jokes that are rife with sexual innuendo and juvenile, purile locker room humor.

What's up widdat?

Shuckins ;)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2002, 08:38:30 AM »
Originally posted by H. Godwineson

P.S.   I've noticed that many of you guys that post on the message board like to tell seedy, off-color jokes that are rife with sexual innuendo and juvenile, purile locker room humor.

What's up widdat?

Shuckins ;)

Masterpiece Theater was a rerun, we had to find something else to do.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2002, 08:41:55 AM »
God Almighty!...

There is just no pleasing some people.

"We want more earlier war planes!"

HTC - "Here you go, some nice new early war planes"

"Wait NO!  NOT THAT PLANE!"

"Yes!  We got plane!"

"Wait NO!  NOT THAT PAINT SCHEME!!"

:rolleyes:
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2002, 08:48:05 AM »
BUG hugs Superfly

now make that green P38!!!
:D

Offline robsan

• Copper Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2002, 09:00:23 AM »
Assuming that "the Val will not be used in the MA" is wrong, since each and every Plane that HTC has modeled so far is flown in the MA, even such unlikely choices like the Me109E-4, Hurricane IID, or the TBM.

You cannot use the MA to justify Plane choices, since people fly the ones they enjoy, not the ones that fit in to your perfect "well balanced late-war Planeset" world.

That's why it's only logical for HTC to focus on Planesets the way they are doing now - for historical matchups in Scenarios.

WTG HTC

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2002, 09:04:33 AM »
Sorry.  Waste of time. No more additions or improvements to AH ever again.  We are going to start a super-fantastic-cool bingo game instead.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting