Author Topic: Need a volunteer  (Read 925 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« on: May 14, 2002, 10:32:51 AM »
See this thread for details on what the William Tell Competition is all about:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=52997&referrerid=3203

I need a volunteer to create the following terrain with requirements and a rough sketch below, contact me if you'd like to do this work for us!

William Tell Terrain Requirements:

3  CV's that surround an island( about 20 miles in diamter, no large mountains, flat terrain, Bish, Rook, Knit CV's )

2 x  V-field smack in the middle of that island and a large red and white ringed BULLSEYE target painted on the terrain tile that is just a tad away from both V-fields, roughly at no more of a distance than 5 miles.   3-ringed "target", the center being WHITE in color.

Around one  of these targets I need 4 x 20mm AA.

This "target" would be placed within a reasonable ground vehicle travel time from V-field spawn (under 1 min travel time)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 11:21:06 AM »
Ripsnort what brings you into this folder? slumming?:)
Isn't 10Bears in your squad? He's quite capable of doing this. I saw the William Tell competition and thought it was a cool idea.

NUTTZ

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 11:25:32 AM »
Well, I sent out a request a week ago, haven't heard from Bears...thought I'd throw it out on the table since I need to get moving on this...

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2002, 03:59:39 PM »
Ripsnort:

I put a terrain together this afternoon for you. Couple of questions tho.
The targets I made are about the diameter of a vbase..is this what you had in mind?
Ack..you want ack at vbases removed?
Did you want a spawn point to one of the targets?

Olgzr

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 02:38:39 AM »
Ripsnort try this.

feild 11 is your eye in the sky F3,f5,f8 then fly around. All VH feilds spawn a GV at center of the bullseyes.

http://www.remotearrow.com/graphixone/images/WT.res

NUTTZ

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2002, 07:58:53 AM »
Originally posted by Olgzr3
Ripsnort:
The targets I made are about the diameter of a vbase..is this what you had in mind?
Olgzr

If they are large enough to see without zoom at 10,000 feet, then they are fine.

Originally posted by Olgzr3

Ack..you want ack at vbases removed?
Did you want a spawn point to one of the targets?
Olgzr

One field WITH 4 AA, and one field WITHOUT any AA.

The idea is the first pass, pilot will be under AA fire when he drops his bomb, then he continues onto the 2nd field and does his rocketry without any AA at the Rocket range (due to time limitations, we don't want to have the pilot have to climb out to a safe Altitude to hit with rockets)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2002, 07:59:54 AM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
Ripsnort try this.

feild 11 is your eye in the sky F3,f5,f8 then fly around. All VH feilds spawn a GV at center of the bullseyes.

http://www.remotearrow.com/graphixone/images/WT.res

NUTTZ

NuttZ, I have to wait till I get home to view it.

I don't mind having two terrains, gives me a choice of which would fit the event..that is if one of you don't mind rejection...:)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2002, 08:21:40 AM »
Here's the intention:

The Pink link is the intended flight path, the first target is the Bombing Range with LIVE AA fire.  The BLACK dots are AA at the first Bombing range only.

Pilot will attempt to place bombs on target center (Tank will be the target due to FE problems of viewing bomb hits with some terrains such as the Training Arena) and try to live thru the AA fire while doing so (This also keeps the pilot honest, get too low to get more accurate, it could cost you your life)

The 2nd target is the rocket range...NO AA will be present at this field, the pilot will come in at any angle or altitude and try to place hit rockets on a tank.  

Then pilot RTB's to the same CV.

The CV will be set on a course that will be equal distance from the target range as to not effect the timing.

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
Map
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2002, 08:51:54 AM »
Ripsnort:

Sent you an email with the map I made. Please let me know if you got it. At this point its easy for me to modify it to get exactly what you want.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2002, 09:23:24 AM »
oldgeezer, received, but unable to view it now, will get back to you tonight! Thanks all for submissions.

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
William Tell map
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2002, 02:30:46 PM »
Ripsnort:

Here is a link to the map. Finally figured out how to use AOL to store files. This one is the latest version...1.10.:)

Olgzr

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2002, 05:39:12 PM »
Geezer, got it.  Nuttz, looked at yours too.  Nuttz is beautiful but Geezers fills the requirements.  I'm going to go with Geezers for testing now, I may have one or two more rquirements Geez..check for email next couple days.  Thanks guys!

Pics of Geez's terrain while on approach:

Bullseye!

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2002, 06:21:40 PM »
NP, one thing you need to know... you HAVE to put at least 1 HQ and 1 feild for each side for it to work, Or i think the servers go screwy.

NUTTZ

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2002, 06:38:05 PM »
Geez, can you make sure you do what NUTTZ suggested?  Also, this afternoon Cavalear, LBE182 and I tested the course.  We need the following modications:

At V1, the Rocket range, need 4 X 20mm up at that field too, this part was too easy without AA firing at us.

On the WEST side of the island, I need a Bomber hangar by itself. No AA, just a hangar with the openings facing East and West... we *might* add a leg in the competition whereas you have to fly thru the hangar as you egress home to the CV.

Email me the terrain when you complete it.

Thanks a bunch guys, this is gonna be fun!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need a volunteer
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2002, 06:51:29 PM »
Doh, one more thing, I need a 8,000 ft Mountain range on the South West part of the island if you can do this.  The idea is to place the CV in the SW corner of the island, force the participants up to 8,ooo feet min. so that we don't lose alot of guys to AA fire when they go in on their first pass.  If you can do this that'd be great, if not, no biggie, we'll just make it a rule.
Thanks!