Author Topic: Did Rush Limbaugh lie about his hearing?  (Read 816 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Did Rush Limbaugh lie about his hearing?
« on: May 18, 2002, 05:57:23 PM »
Whoa! it's been a bad week for Republicans..
First we find out Enron was behind the scam to rip off the good people of California to the tune of 30 billion dollars.. Enron who contributed more to the Bush campaign than to all the Democrates put together.. Plus 100,000 to stop the recount in Fla and another $100,000 for the inaugural ball.. You know their first order of business was to have California deregulated as long as possible. To get Dick Cheney to bring back price caps was like pulling teeth.

Then we find out President Bush did in fact know about the impending terrorist attack back in August after he told us he had no warning at all. (it is now May)

Now today I read that Ole Rushbo might've been telling a lil' fib reguarding his loss of hearing.. That's a bit like someone claiming to have cancer in order to get sympathy cards.  

It will be interesting to hear what the President and vice President have to say under oath like what Clinton was put under.

Radio entertainer Rush Limbaugh has for years been the darling, and spokesman, for the right wing of American Politics.  Blending commentary, humor and a generous dash of  bombast, Limbaugh all but single-handedly revived AM radio and was so popular with
the Right that he was once voted and honorary member of Congress by the Republican 1994 House freshman class.

Though widely reviled by liberal and moderates alike as a man more in tune with ideology than with truth Limbaugh has dominated talk-radio and recently signed a 250+ million dollar contract to continue his syndicated talk show.  It now appears however, that he may have met his Waterloo in the form of another right wing pundit, William O'Reilly.  With the threat of O'Reilly's new radio talk show have come whispers and accusations that Limbaugh may have been playing his audience for fools with the recent news that Limbaugh had lost his hearing.

In commentary (below) on RadioCrow, a popular radio-insider web site, it has been alleged that  "Limbaugh dropped the deafness act when investigators began searching for his operation records and logs of hospital stays. The investigations turned up records of minor plastic surgery and a liposuction procedure"

For the left that has to be vindication of their long-standing claim that Limbaugh is a bombastic fraud willing to say, or do, anything for ratings.  To date, Limbaugh has not
commented on the accusation.

http://www.radiocrow.com/news_docs/radiotv19.htm#050902_1

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 06:48:42 PM »
surprise fatarse limbaugh's a liar :rolleyes:

Offline Cabby44

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 10:15:39 PM »
You really DO have to be a sucker to be a Lefto-Liberal..........

Cabby

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 10:40:58 PM »
Originally posted by Cabby44

Cabby
:rolleyes:

O'Reilly  -  "Conservative people tend to see the world in black and white terms, good and evil," O'Reilly continued. "Liberals see grays."

I agree. This is a pretty good observation IMHO. I for one am proud to point out the gray.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Does the phrase "divide and conquer" have any meaning to you?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 11:52:05 PM »
It should...

Political polarization allows them to maintain the status quo.....

Originally posted by Cabby44

Cabby

My definition of a sucker is someone who mindlessly buys into the party line thrown out by both and become *tools* to further their ambitions.

Neither party has any desire in serving America or its citizens best interests.....unless its financially lucrative or furthers their political careers they pay no attention.

I notice most of the people you label as "leftist liberals" appear to be *much* more intelligent in their postings than you...does your anger stem from feelings of inadequacy when confronted by superior intellect?

Don't feel bad about being a handsomehunk, there are plenty of other people who have been fooled by the liars and crooks in DC.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 11:58:13 PM by weazel »

Offline GWH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 12:40:41 AM »
Hehe, that's our Cabby!  :)  Don't change a bit, brother!  You entertain all of us (conservative thru liberal) who don't let the voices from the AM radio to do our thinking for us.  ;)

While Rush and the truth have often followed separate paths in the past, this seems, at first blush, to be a bit much for a ratings bit.  I know Rush has been slowly losing listeners since his last great radio bit, Bill Clinton, left office.  :)  Plus, he's had some growing competition from other syndicated mouths, such as Dr. Laura, Sean Hannity and Mike Savage.  While I'm skeptical of the miraculous return of his hearing following his surgery, I'm also skeptical of the claims he was faking the whole thing.  I'm going to need to see more evidence before I make up my mind.

Westwood One has been forking over a lot of $$ to a lot of stations to get them to carry O'Reilly's radio show.  I agree that it'll be a more intelligent alternative to Rush's show (not like that's hard to accomplish), but it remains to be seen if conservative AM radio listeners prefer style over substance.  IMO, O'Reilly comes off as a bit more thoughtful and independently-minded, although Bill himself also has occasional problems with facts and 'spin'.  :)

I do think Bill, like many other conservatives, overstates the situation at NPR.  NPR certainly has conservative commentators.  Of course, Fox has Alan Colmes, so they must be fair and balanced.  ;)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 07:38:37 AM »
MT

the problem is when you boil it down, there are no grays but the ones we invent to justify whatever

I don't believe Rush would ever think he could pull off a fake deafness. DO you really think he would even try? Do you think he really NEEDS the radio show or do youthink he has enough money/fame to live the high life for the rest of his life without it if/when the lack of ratings pushed his career in that direction.

If anyone has listened to him since slick left office, they'd know his new target are the soft Republicans and Bush with his wimpy "new tone" in DC...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2002, 08:05:23 AM »
10bears:

" Limbaugh dropped the deafness act when investigators began searching for his operation records and logs of hospital stays.
The investigations turned up records of minor plastic surgery and a liposuction procedure. (5/8)"

INVESTIGATION of Rush Limbaughs surgery?? Give me a break! Who would care or take the time..or be that desparate? He is just a radio talk show host not the President.As for Bush KNOWING that 9/11 was gonna happen..even responsible Democratic congressman don't make that claim. Enron gave to BOTH political parties. Besides.. getting money from Enron does not quite compare to taking money from the Chinese.

BTW who wrote that article? You don't suppose he might have a bias? That would be a shocker..a liberal in the press.

Olgzr3

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2002, 09:04:02 AM »
the problem is when you boil it down, there are no grays but the ones we invent to justify whatever

As a self-proclaimed moderate-conservative, I have to say this defies human nature and indicates you cannot be working in a job that involves a great deal of people. Of course there are grays in just about any situation.

Far better to look at rules as a balance; when factors to one side of the balance outweigh significantly the other side, a clear choice becomes obvious. Right and wrong do exist, but there are mitigating circumstances.

Example: Murder is wrong. Molest one of my daughters and I will murder you with a clear conscience.

Example: Lying is wrong, but if I visit my granny in the nursing home, I'm gonna tell her she looks great even if I think she looks like she's knocking on death's door.

Example: I think someone has given me a junk assignment, but feel they tried. I will compliment the effort of the work and find something positive to say, and then make suggestions for change. It may be crap, but I won't call it crap.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 09:40:25 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran

Example: Murder is wrong. Molest one of my daughters and I will murder you with a clear conscience.

Example: Lying is wrong, but if I visit my granny in the nursing home, I'm gonna tell her she looks great even if I think she looks like she's knocking on death's door.

Example: I think someone has given me a junk assignment, but feel they tried. I will compliment the effort of the work and find something positive to say, and then make suggestions for change. It may be crap, but I won't call it crap.

Like I said, only the ones we invent to justify whatever

You have right and wrong, not kinda right or kinda wrong - we throw in the "kinda" ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 11:06:45 AM »
Eh... so which is right? Molest my child and I kill you, did I commit murder? Was that murder right or wrong? Explain the black-and-white of the situation in, er, black-and-white terms.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 11:51:40 AM »
Ok eagler lets look at one of Kieran’s examples:

You visit your grandmother in the nursing home and she looks like she's on deaths door, she asks how she looks.

Do you:

A: be a liar, tell her she looks great and try to lift her spirits, making the rest of her time a little better.

B: be honest, tell the truth, tell her she looks like crap and she's gonna die any minute, scarring the hell outta her but maintaining your own selfish integrity.

So which is black, which is white.  Personally I see some gray.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2002, 12:27:35 PM »
Why would Limbaugh fake hearing loss, especially at the expensive of his show?  I don't listen to him nearly as often as I used to but, when I did catch the show it was very obvious he had to pause while reading text of caller's.  What possible good could come from faking hearing loss? lol  I don't get it.  I get WHY someone would want to discredit him... but... I don't get the point of the base of the accusation.  Seem's like a bit of a stretch.

G.W. knew about 9/11 prior to the facts eh?  Ok, anyone who was unaware that there were terrorists looking to target the U.S. prior to 9/11 please speak up.  Make sure you remove your blinders and get your ears cleared too.  Now, anyone who actually did anything to stop the terrorist attack on 9/11.. anyone?... BUELLER?  Want to play the blame game? BLAME THE TERRORISTS!  Spend a little time concentrating your hate on them rather than liberals/conservatives/Democrats/Republicans.  8 whole months and everyone has completely forgotten the Unity that pulled us through that sad time.... and I'm disgusted by that.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline koala

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 01:01:33 PM »
GWH said:

NPR certainly has conservative commentators.

Who?

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2002, 01:32:46 PM »
The Wizard of Hi Tech

act one

The Scene: Sikboy's  house is swept away in a tornado and lands violently in the Land of Hi Tech, squishing flat the Evil Liberal of the West, Midnight Target.

Sikboy emerges, views the feet portruding from under the house, and hears the rustling around of the residents of O'Club City, watching from the safety of the bushes. Finally Sikboy is approached by the Mayor of O'Club City, Mayor Ripsnort-

"As Mayor of O'Club City
I'd like to thank you well
For squishing flat that Liberal
And sending him to Hell

His posts were always to the left
His rethoric was lame
Casting spells upon the right
Our leaders he defamed.

And now he's squished and we're all glad
We're rid of that Commie Rat
So for your deed I'll present to you-
A Conservative Pinhead Hat!"

(All the republican residents of O'Club City begin cheering. Udie, Eagler and hblair emerge from the crowd and begin dancing and singing a song to the tune of "Yes We Are The Lollipop Kids")

"Yes we are the Limbaugh Boys, the Limbaugh Boys, the Limbaugh Boys.
Yes we are the Limbaugh BOYS- Rush thinks for us every day.

Yes we hate the Lib-e-rals, the lib-e-rals, the lib-e-rals.
Yes we hate the lib-e-RALS- Soon they all will pay."

(Suddenly the singing and dancing is interrupted by a screeching Liberal flying a broom. The O'Clubians scream and scamper off. It is Dowding, the Evil Liberal of the East. Screeching at finding his sister squished flat under Sikboy's house, Dowding approaches Sikboy-

Dowding: You squished my sister! I'll get you for this, my pretty!

Sikboy: (whimpers, wets pants)

(suddenly a glowing ball of brilliant light appears and grows larger. The light explodes and reveals Hortlund, the Good Conservative of the North)

Hortlund: Ja, don ye be doin no doitry tricks to me young lad Sikboy now for doin such a fine community service by squishing this slimy liberal MT, OK?

Dowding: Just like YOU to be in favor of capital punishment, you NAZI! Where was Midnight's trial? Where was the JUSTICE? (begins wringing hands) Oh the INHUMANITY!!

Hortlund: Ja, da inhumanity was that de slimy liberals don't be allowin us to do no torturin' no more, Ja? Anyways, you be forgetin Midnight Target's Boots ye be forgettin Ja? (nods to Sikboy's feet, who is wearing MT's Magic Hipboots)

Dowding: That's right! (reaches for Sikboy's boots, but a lightning bolt zaps his hand, causing him to scream in pain) Aaaaggghhh! I'll get you, my pretty! (hops on broom, flies off)

Sikboy: Golly gee, cool boots! But uh...How do I get back to Fighter Ace?

Hortlund: Ja, dat be a tough one I can't figure out. I think ye gotta go to Tech Support and ask the Wizard of Hi-Tech. Just be stayin on this road ye be on, and always stay to de right and ye be watchin out for de Wicked Liberal of de East. She be doin anythin to get her hands on de Magic Hipboots.

Sikboy: Well, just what is so magic about these boots?

Hortlund: Ja, dey magic Republican boots. Dey be keepin de feces offluff'n your feet, Ja?  You be needin that if you walk on de right side of de road!

(And so Sickboy, wearing his Republican Pinhead Hat and Magic Feces-Proof Hip Boots, exits, stage left, to the singing of the O'Clubians to the tune of "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead")...

Ding Dong Al Gore is done
Beaten by a Republican.

Ding Dong the liberal has lost....

Yay for conservatives
Bring the leftists to their knees.

Ho-ray for my man Rush Limbaugh....

(fades, end of act 1)