Author Topic: My 1st real sortie in AH ;)  (Read 608 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
My 1st real sortie in AH ;)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2002, 07:45:34 PM »
Yea the P-51B is my second ride of choice also.A little harder to fly than the yak.I like to fly it at 10-15k alt.,and it hides really well on the deck with it's green color.It is also a much cooler plane than the D model. :p

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2002, 08:53:02 AM »
Hey Ant,

Sure it's different, no doubt about it the FM's are like chalk and cheese but not being a WWII pilot I have no idea whose closest to real life :)

I'm still working out which aircraft are faster than which and those that climb, zoom the best etc, so far it's been quite a learning curve, enjoyable but steep.

I simply love taking up a fully loaded P47, jaboing a city and then attacking supply trains with rockets and .50's, kinda feels realistic.
As does taking a full fuel load, grabbing alt and just cruising around  looking for "easy meat".

Thumbs up from me, have accounts in both and aim to keep it that way as I enjoy the S/L's and EMC's in WB's.

Thanks to both sims :)

wipass

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2002, 09:17:18 AM »
and welcome Wipass, if its scenario's you enjoy most you might want to take a look at the TOD series and join a squad or ask to be a guest of a squad in this scenario series. It's much like the S3 events in WB which runs two nights a week one in US time and one in Euro friendly timezone.

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2002, 09:20:02 AM »
Hey redant, and welcome.  Also a big fan of the Yak: underrated, but hardly a UFO!

No, that's not generally the way flight-capable newbies are treated, although I have noticed an increase (since I've been playing) in the impatience directed toward rank newbies who come on with questions like "How do I take off"--and maybe that's fair enough, although I think there are nicer ways of letting people down.

Frankly, I have no idea whether or not I've been criticized for what I fly, but I'm guessing probably so.  From very early on I've been squelching channel 1 because the trash talk bores me.  I need to know what my side is doing, and what my squaddies are doing--don't really give a toss about what my few victims or the many people who shoot me down have to say about the state of the universe.

That said, even your own side can get a bit much at times, and you may come to wish for the idea suggested in another thread, the .squelch littlenapoleons option!

Just fly, enjoy, it's a great community with the anal-retentives relatively few and far between.

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2002, 09:21:01 AM »
This looks like a sensible discussion with some familiar faces and is sorta related to the topic. :)
I posted the following in the Help & Training section but maybe you guys could give some advice if you don't mind.

"Howdy

I'm new to AH, just came over from WB after 4 yrs, still have my WB account for now. AH really looks great and I really like all the nice features. But I've got a couple of questions.
First, is there anyway to minimize the gunshake when firing in a fighter, any fighter.? The combination of that and that crazy head bobble thing is killing my gunnery. Having a heck of a time getting and keeping a guns solution.
Btw I have force feedback for guns and weapons disabled so that should not be a problem.

Second, I'm using a MS Sidewinder FF joystick, the original version. Been tinkering with the settings some, but I'm still getting that"moving controls to rapidly" message and I'm struggling with the blackouts as well. Man I thought the blackouts in WB's were bad. lol

Any advice is appreciated.  

Thanks
Skyfoxx in AH

skyfox in WB"
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2002, 09:38:07 AM »
Hi Skyfoxx welcome aboard! It takes time to get used to the head movement and gun shake, not long but it is very different to Warbirds. I know you're probably shaking your head at that statement right now but give it a week or two and you won't notice it :)

As for the stick response have you tried altering the deadbands etc? Not really had much of a problem with blackouts to be honest but then most of the time I fly bombers which might explain things :D

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2002, 10:43:17 AM »
After a week you don't notice that your head moves in a cockpit.

That another part is tougher: I did use MS FF Pro stick too but couldn't stand it 'cause every time I did use rudder I saw a text "Don't move your controls too rapidly". When looked Back to the rudder I saw it oscillating...
Back to old PrecPro.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2002, 11:02:26 AM »
Hey guys....Welcome to our world. Congrats on killin a whiner redant...I'm never that fortunate:)

Enjoy your time here and just ask if ya have any questions.

WB cpid....-soul-

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2002, 01:52:58 PM »
Advice to warbirds players be sure to disable Combat Trim.  As you are used to using trim already, combat trim will screw you up.

My gosh PJK is here, now the 109f4 will become a perked ubar ride :)    (And the AH version has an extra 2 20mm as an option!)

Offline -nrts-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2002, 12:30:57 PM »
Lord don't you give me a P-39

With a shaft down the middle

and the engine behind

It will spin in and roll

and dig a big hole

Lord don't you give me a P-39..

-nrts-