Author Topic: you guys see the "overall stats" thingie?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
you guys see the "overall stats" thingie?
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
Posting this again for the benefit of Am0n. Lots of posts since then  :)

Am0n, just so you know, I became a law enforcement officer in 1980 and worked the streets for 15 years. Although I'm not a street cop any longer, I still work for a law enforcement agency but in the computer field, namely white collar crimes and computer crimes. I just got spammed with 642 emails. I've initiated an investigation. I've been very successful in the past.

Offline wulf14

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »
Kieran,

Sorry - I haven't really read enough of your posts to catch on when you are joking. Know what I mean? It takes a fair amount of reading someone over the internet (for me at least) to really catch humor ever time.

As for toasting him in a duel, it probably wouldn't change him. It would put a brief smile on my face however (assuming I took him in the duels), and be one more thing to clobber him with the next time he decides to mouth off.

As far as taking it seriously, within the context of AH - sure thing. People only have so much free time in the world. People spend valuable free time trying to have a good, competetive time in AH. If some idiot detracts from the overall experience, he's going to draw the ire of some people.

I guess the best way to put it is this - I probably can't change him, but I'm not going to hide my annoyance.

Dueling one on one does have its points. For example, am0n made it clear that he thought lazs was a substandard stick in the F4U-1 compared to himself. If someone like me, with zero time in the F4U-1, can hand am0n his bellybutton in that F4U-1 in the dueling arena, it goes a long way towards showing tha am0n's opinion in the matter is basically weightless. That's what I was getting at.

Kind of like k/d, k/s, any stat - dueling doesn't prove everything, but it does prove something. At least in my opinion.

See you up there,

Mike/wulf14

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
No prob, Wulf. I know you don't know me, I understand. I do recognize you from WB (I assume you are the same Wulf from WB?). I know you are a high-time virtual pilot, and AmOn would not likely fair well.  ;)

As might be noted from the spate of stuff I have heaved upon the board this week (I really am only procrastinating from work- lethargic for the holidays and all) I try to stay light. Once in a while I dig a little deeper than I should, though... and I have been known to debate longer than is wise. We have our faults, I suppose.  :D

Seen you in the Fw on the Rook side, and can tell you I am glad you chose us!

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »
What exactly did Am0n do? I've never heard any neg talking from him on channel 1. His posts seem okay. I'd say he's hardly an expert at this game but then again nethier am I. It looks like he made some comments about the f4? I'll listen to some guys comments on any plane cause heck..even if they suck in it they MIGHT have some sort of observation about it I never considered.

Oh and his card isnt great (And for the record mine aint ethier but I am happy w/my postive 38 furballing ratio..lol) but he's certainly making big improvements.

As far as his reply's here are comcerned... if your getting cornered you tend to fight back.

I just remember certain indiv's aka Gunman whatever his name was that seemed to be MUCH worse than Am0n...

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline wulf14

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2001, 12:37:00 AM »
batdog,

The general gist of it is this. In some other thread, lazs was the whipping boy for the majority of the posts (it was the 'action first place lots of fields close together vs. people who disagree' type deal, if memory serves).

Anyways, lazs was the minority, and said something to the effect that he likes a challenge that's why he's in the mediocre at best F4U-1A in the middle of a Spitfire IXE/N1K/La-7 furball.

am0n basically chimed in to effectively say "I don't know what you are talking about lazs, the F4U-1A is not mediocre it's probably just your flying".

lazs did some digging and found out that am0n basically doesn't know d*ck about flying the F4U-1A when compared to lazs in terms of sorties in aircraft type.

So he's improving - so what? There are tons of guys learning AH that don't have some phony and totally unfounded air of superiority. If you are going to dish it out, especially when the basis for your dish is a total lie, don't be surprised when you get some back.

So that's it in a nutshell.

For me...hey, if some TAS guy told lazs he didn't know d*ck about flying the AH P-51D, you'd never hear me chime in... 8)

Mike/wulf14

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2001, 12:52:00 AM »
i thought it was funnier when you had to figure out the troll on your own  :)
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2001, 12:55:00 AM »
Oh, point made then.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2001, 12:56:00 AM »
None of us in TAS actually know d*ck about flying the P-51.

We just ordered the optional "kill button" on our FE from HTC for an extra $35/month.
I can't believe more guys don't buy this option. What's another few bucks, eh?

Once we get you in the front view and push the "KB"... well, you're toast. Only thing is, it takes about 2 minutes to recharge and the range is only 600 yards..

We're thinking about going the extra $55/month and getting the "Mega-Kill" button... that baby recharges in 30 seconds and goes out to 1K!

anyway, thanks to all.. got some good laffs reading this thread and it is a definite "source" for next Wed.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
the MA is my DA.
lazs

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
"Kieran,
With all due respect, you called it wrong on this one.

Many know I've had it out with lazs over various things in tones more ugle than the AH boards have ever seen. 8)"

Damn... those were the days eh woofie?  Makes me get all misty.
lazs

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2001, 04:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Am0n:
We can make it personal apache.

So be it, have fun.   ;)

sooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ...?

poor form.   :(
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2001, 05:06:00 PM »
I only discovered that stat feature too a few weeks ago(been flying since beta).I would always click into ranks/stats page..Great feature in knowing what planes you need work on.  :)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
Clearer now, Moose?   :(

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2001, 07:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin:
I only discovered that stat feature too a few weeks ago(been flying since beta).I would always click into ranks/stats page..Great feature in knowing what planes you need work on.   :)

I only discovered it recently also, much to my chigrin.  As far as what plane I need working on...oh all of them.  ;)

Offline pbirmingham

• Copper Member
      • http://bigscary.com
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2001, 03:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Toad:
None of us in TAS actually know d*ck about flying the P-51.

We just ordered the optional "kill button" on our FE from HTC for an extra $35/month.
I can't believe more guys don't buy this option. What's another few bucks, eh?

Once we get you in the front view and push the "KB"... well, you're toast. Only thing is, it takes about 2 minutes to recharge and the range is only 600 yards..

We're thinking about going the extra $55/month and getting the "Mega-Kill" button... that baby recharges in 30 seconds and goes out to 1K!

I take it you don't know about the M-M-M-MONSTER KILL button, eh?

(Actually, I'd be happy with a "teleport buff" button.  I'd teleport them another sector further out, and 10000 feet lower.)