Author Topic: AH pilots you admire...  (Read 947 times)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH pilots you admire...
« on: September 01, 2000, 01:28:00 AM »
Well, why not starting a post like this, I am in a good mood lately  

In no particular order, except the first guy:

Aper - he flies Me 109G-6 !! If he would fly to live, we might have a Hartmann record in AH, in very same plane.

Fishu - A great pilot with a great ego   . To rack up that K/D in Fw 190A-8, you have to have something. What was it ? 200+ kills, no deaths ?

Ypsilon - Constant top scorer, disciplined and quiet guy. Impressive K/D all the time. A bit rusty in ACM though   .

Torque - Well, this admiration shouldn't go to far. We have to stay enemies. Allow him even smallest snapshot at 1000 yards and you are ready for a replane. I wonder how he would do in a D-Hog. Then again, what would happen if he would fly to live ? Would Ypsilon's record be endangered ?

Hangtime - This admiration surely doesn't go too far. Great in ACM, knows the P 51 inside out. Sometimes too aggressive. Too bad that we are arch enemies after The Rumble.

Duckwing6 - he flies D-Hog. Enough said.

Lephturn - was always fun to discuss tactic with him in the arena. Somehow he was always close to my 109 when we were online. I just knew we would meet   .

Ripsnort - a great guy for the community. Always nice and helpful. You woulnd't believe how many whines about C-Hog he had to stand in JG2 squad forum and still keep quiet.

Leonid - Back from WB HTH days, he was always there for me, even though I am sure he didn't like all I said in these boards sometimes. Nice guy, I wonder whrere does he get all that patience.

Duma/Lister - Imagine, 16 yo or so ? The guy who beat me in Hurri IIc vs 109F-4 back in WB HTH ladder. I will never forget that one.

Funked - have a question on 190 ? Go ask him. Too bad he switched to the bright side.

MarkAT - back in beta we had 1 on 1 G-10 duel. Wow, could he scissor ! I was so impressed that I decided to let him land, no matter if I win.

Squads:

JG 2 - Many of use were in it. Many things we learned there. Salute !

JG 54 - watch for these guys. They are going for the squad K/D   .

4^Stormo Caccia -  the best teamwork I have ever seen. Like a good soccer team. It is always nice to have them on your side.

Sorry if I forgot someone, I might do reposts later.

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 09-01-2000).]

Nath-BDP

AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
plz include me in your list im am a DEDICATED!! luftwaffle plz plzp lz plz,

kthx, la~

------------------
BEAT DOWN POSSE
 www.theregulators.org/bdp

Aces High Scenario Corps

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 09-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 09-01-2000).]

Nath-BDP

AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2000, 01:37:00 AM »
btw hristo, ive seen people in your squad flying F4u1cs and spits! how DARE they!

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2000, 05:25:00 AM »
Okay, I fly Bishops so I can't comment on many pilots on the 'Dark Side'!      There again, it's pilots I admire and not necessarily those that can spread butter with their wings!

First up I admire EVERYONE in the squad I fly, The 13th TAS whom when together kick serious butt!    

Fariz, Citabria, Torque, Hangtime are a few of many pilots I class as UBER!  When these guys are around, you know that you are in safe hands!

rollo, dudule, nonoht, Snefens, Beemer  If a base needs defending then these guys are almost always there, the unsung heroes!!      Bishops would lose many fields if it wasn't for these guys!

Funked, Ripsnort, SCGrey  The genuine nice 'bad guys'!  I have upmost respect for their fighting and views!  

>Pepino  I've had many, many a brilliant tank battle with Pepino.  If you see a tank coming it was mostly either Pepino or Ripsnort!  Tanks can be fun!  

Squadrons

357th Pony Express, air squadron, JG53, Arabian Knights, Jpn.F.L 21st.Sq" N. Angels, 308 Sqn....    The AK are persistant buggers and I'm pleased they're Bish for the next few weeks!      air squadron, well they used to remind me of the Russian wood lice (my favourites!) out of 'A Bugs Life' - very fun and very effective squad when at full strength.  As for Jpn.F.L 21st.Sq" N. Angels, well, for a small squad they get damn everywhere!!

Anyway, my mind has gone kinda blank (normal!) so there are MANY other pilots I admire, infact almost all apart from the whiners!      

Salute all!

'Nexx'

[This message has been edited by Replicant (edited 09-01-2000).]
NEXX

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2000, 05:32:00 AM »
Nath,

our new pilots were ordered to test captured planes  . (because some of our newest additions are completely new to) Guess You won't see that in the future.

And something personal to add, You are without a doubt 1 of the finest FW-Pilots in AH, but watch your attitude sometimes. There is no offense from my side, but this could be the reason why you are not on hristos list now.

Hristo,

totally agree, with some additions  .

1st: Hristo

2nd: Udie

hehe and the others are my Squaddies, great to fly with all of you.

But I want to <S> ALL AH-Pilots, well almost all  . U make this game live

SALUTE

Maik
<JG54 Grünherz>

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
Hey Nexx, put yourself in the base defence group too.

I also would like to put Rollo in the "always ready to bring the troops even tho chances of succes are slim" group.

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

eskimo

AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2000, 08:45:00 AM »
Mostly I respect my squad, The Buccaneers, a true sqad when we are all together.      
Whitey our CO and my first ACM teacher. Members; Bourbon, Brackt, Camel, Delta, Gronk, Kraz, Jarbo, Knfe, oosik, reno, Sabre, Stingray and Wabbit.  

HiTech, Pyro and gang, And my parents taught me that there was only one God.

The rest of these guys, I can't say that I RESPECT, but...

Zigrat and CavemanJ, - Great motivators and leaders of the Knights.
Storm and Rollo, - always seem to be there at just the right time to foil a sneak capture, yet always seem to be dumping out the troops on a knight field just when I realize that it's too late. <S> (YOU BASTARDS!)
Ypsilon - The K/D king
nin - Just when I think I've got the perfect set-up and kill on a B-17... ping ping ping> there goes my wing, whose the gunner> nin <S> (YOU BASTARD!)
Mitsu - on the rare occasion when he is actually involved in true ACM and not just vulching... wait... my memory fails me, was there ever such a time?
Citabria - One with his computer.
Torque and Hangtime, other popular dweebs.
DoctorYo and hblair - Great fighter pilots.
RAS and BAC, - Especially deadly when they are together.
Bloom25 - always there for the Knights.
Ripsnort, StSanta, and Jigster, It's best to have these guys on your side!      
And probably 50 other dweebs.

[This message has been edited by eskimo (edited 09-01-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2000, 09:10:00 AM »
I could second that list and add a few more to it easily. Camel and Moss hbeing two who gave me fits for my first 8 months here  
 Now I never bump into them.

I actually admire all the paying AH customers as they're the folks who I have a common interest in: Aces High. Consistant whiners excluded.

- Westy

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
There are alot of guys that I like to fly with and most are far better than I am but as far as admiring any of them wellll.....

There are those here that always seem to draw attention to themselfs just by their personalities.

There are the leaders like Ripsnort, Udie, Zigrat, Kieren and so on and you have the pilots that everyone loves to kill like Torque, Hblair, Hangtime...but if you want to know the people I admire the most well it would have to be the ones who hardly say anything but do the most.

If there was anyone that stands out in my mind as doing the most but saying the least it would have to be Gronk.

It never fails that if I look at the map and it looks like a base is gonna be in trouble Gronk will already be there in a M16 or tank.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2000, 09:31:00 AM »
i admire fatty....despite eating too many wings, he makes a really great lawn dart dive too  

eskimo

AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2000, 09:38:00 AM »
Mighty1

Very true,

The Knights map would typically be much less green if it wern't for Gronk.  The enemy is finally learning that a base had better be closed completly closed if Gronk is online, otherwise, no capture. <S> Gronk.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »
Here is who I admore

Sunchaser: best damned goon pilot ever, dedicated as hell.
The Wrecking Crew: saved my bellybutton more times than i care to remember
Ripsnort: a super nice guy, never heard him whine
Citabria,nath11,torque,hblair,storm,cobra: these guys have whooped my bellybutton when I should have been doing the whooping with the advantage. Truly great fighter pilots.
Aper: I don't know how this guy works his magic, but he does (don't see him around too much anymore)
Leonid: great pilot and a great guy

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2000, 10:50:00 AM »
Wow, thanks to the guys that put me on thier list.  1st time in 5 years I made one of these list    I have some pilots that I admire.

Berserkr -  Best damned wingman you'll ever find.

any and all 900th   even those not here in AH.

Citabria - this dude freaked me out he's a better 190 pilot than I am.  And he gave me my first defeat on the dueling ladder, which was almost a shut out had I not got lucky on the last 2 fights.

Hangtime - the best 51 pilot in the game?

Torque - like him or not he CAN fly the 1c very well.

Vila - A fight I had w/ him and Worr 3 years ago still to this day ranks as the "best" fight I've had online.  Them in 38's me in a 109f.  15 min fight from 11k to 27k before Worr and I collided.  That was the day I considered my self "ok" at this hobby.

There's realy toooo many to list.  Too many good pilots in AH.

Udie

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2000, 10:53:00 AM »
Well, this sounds kinda generic, but, I haven't met anyone I really disliked in AH since I came into beta in V.34.  Even Creamo is an okay guy (did I just type that?!?)

Hats off to the trainers that help others, to the Terrain Beta team, to the CM's.

<S> all in AH community, your a fine bunch of friends!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
Got to also mention couple good guys too which were not mention (Well, Eskimo did mention one)..

Camel, hes nice guy and I've known him since days of Dawn of Aces and flies P-51 pretty good (or has he got rusty lately?)

By-Tor, I remember those duels with him very good and he isn't deadstick pilot.

Pirado, can anyone still remember him? (how can you forget him Hristo?   ), he was also great 109 flier when he was still playing in beta.

MarkAT and Hangtime are good ones too (what I remember from the old old days)

Hristo, nuther LW maniac who likes to kill people without hesitation and does not like to get downed  
Ps. all planes together, and with 190 most of those: "fishu has 347 kills and has been killed 0 times."

Now.. who else there were, whos not listed

Cavemanj who i know being good guy since the beta.. even tho hes already listed.

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 09-01-2000).]