Author Topic: AH pilots you admire...  (Read 964 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2003, 01:26:42 AM »
Swagger is gay.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2003, 02:02:07 AM »
As Machiavelli once noted, it's better to be feared than to be loved.  :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2003, 05:47:52 AM »
as has been noted before, it's hard to name just a few pilots when there are so many that deserve recognition.

to name off a few that spring to mind real quick.. .

dinger and funked - real smart guys, even if they are raiders fans.

the assassins... always level headed, and they're all excellent sticks. one day i hope to be as good as hblair in the 109, but i dont think it'll ever happen.

drex.. for the best pilot in AH, he's sure down to earth. talk about charismatic. the one chance i had to fly wing with him (at the 2001 con) i passed out on my keyboard. :(

hitech - when he does fly, he's dominating. got a chance to fly with him a few weeks ago and i was surprised how sharp he was in the d-hog. i've got guys all over me and this deep voice comes over the radio saying he's on em, and two seconds later i'm all clear.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2003, 08:41:10 AM »
I would like to thank my fans, family, and all the little people that made this happen..........
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2003, 09:47:25 AM »
the one I admire most.....

the one I just killed and opens his chute.....brave brave man:D

my friend....my squadmate...Mr.Hedd.....its not a question of admiring...but more of respect.....63 years old and landing kills on a daily bases....he will follow me to hell an back......a big <> to you Sir.

Dsrtrat, Nexx, Busher, Evade, Krzyhors, Nord, Hedd, Gwjr, Cmdr, FurBall, JoeD, Sirloin.....etc etc

<>to the best squadmates

and the most deserving

Bishop ROOKS...KNIGHTS a very BIG <>

you guys bring enjoyment to my virtual life....

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2003, 11:12:03 AM »
Thanks for pulling that thread to the top, it was interesting to read. The AH community seems to have a much different persona nowadays than back in 1999-2000. I can't believe these guys were nice to each other, and had good things to say, and didn't hijack the threads with mindless nonsense! These were the type of threads I could read without worrying about who was mouthing off and putting a sour taste in my mouth...

As for most respected pilots:

AKCurly: Curly is a great guy who always has time for chat and will volunteer to fly ANYTHING!
AKPreon: Preon is the person who first introduced me to AH, and he still teaches me something new almost every time I'm on.
Wilbuz: Talk about personal help... This gentleman has taken plenty of time to write me emails on tips for the 190 and 109, and I've enjoyed learning them since he gave me continual advice.
Fariz: While an incredible pilot, he is also very friendly and a staple for Bish winning that evening!
Kisters: While I don't know him that well, we seem to say a big Hello and every time we see each other, the same goes for the next guy, who's a fellow 190 driver:
KrZyHoRs: Bud.
Urchin: Always friendly and posting helpful information on the Help and Training Forum, I've learned quite a bit from Urchin!

The list goes on, but schoolwork calls. These are just a few of the people I can say I honestly admire and who make this game an enjoyable experience!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2003, 11:17:21 AM »
Admiration... I dunno about that - but there are a few sticks I respect based on their behavior.

Most of them are in my squad, the remainder are people I know from years back on AW.

The rest I dont think stand out all that much, or I dont know them well enough.

In terms of what squad I respect/admire - aside from my own - is the 56th FG - you would be hard pressed to find a better bunch of sticks in the virtual skies.  

Offline Lghtning

• Zinc Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2003, 11:19:07 AM »
Myself...:rolleyes:

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2003, 05:19:04 PM »
Skill means nothing to me when I think of who I admire.

I think highly of everyone in my squad for one reason or another. Ghosth has been a solid X.O. for years.  Old friends harppa, woodog, wilbuz come to mind with their hearts of gold.  The CM’s are doing great work. banana was a solid Head CM, often wish he still was. Swoop and the CAP team, amazing what they have done to make their event successful. Sundog as head of the terrain team is fantastic. Hening for not giving up and proving me wrong. Flossy is a gem. Many of the AW members on the CM team, tilt is as sharp as they get… so many. Snapshot and TOD teams. Many of the CT regulars…
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2003, 05:23:31 PM »
It is flattering beyond belief to be mentioned in this post since I really basically suck at playing this sim  :).

I can't name all the people I respect here, there are many, especially those who are members of my squad, the 56th.

It is the interaction with such a fine group that keeps me comming back. I beleive this to be a really "top drawer" virtual community.

To HTC as a group I have the utmost admiration. They provided us with a means to live our fantasies and provided us with a great stress releiver. I personaly would have probably gone off the deep end at times were it not for this great group of people and this passtime.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2003, 05:46:08 PM »
What arena do you guys play in?  I hope someday ill be good enough to be on someones list
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2003, 05:50:41 PM »
Hey Meddog, Thanks for the calls and running to my rescue when I was flying a goon today.

PS.. I'll never try to HO a P-51 in a goon again.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2003, 06:03:28 PM »
Originally posted by meddog
What arena do you guys play in?  I hope someday ill be good enough to be on someones list

some of us can occasionally be found in the DA giving out clues and stuff.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AH pilots you admire...
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2003, 06:06:45 PM »
Ozark,..ROFL!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
clear yer calanders...
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2003, 06:45:35 PM »
.. we gotta lay a swagger hunt on for draggin this old rag of a thread up.

Q:  who the heck are all these young puppies?? I know all the vets.. but these new guys... wtf are they smokin?

(i.e. ; where do i get some??)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.