Author Topic: score  (Read 80 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
score
« on: June 17, 2002, 03:21:42 PM »
I have been around the game for some time.  So, I know anyone that pays any serious attention to score, is just kidding themselves.  However, this one has me baffled.  In spite of playing since beta, I have never gotten in anything that shot backwards (I don't like HO,s).  Couriosity finally got the best of me though. I got on a field gun. I sprayed it around just to see what it does.  I shot my own hangers mostly.  To see where the hit sprites were.  There were some cons in the area, so it is possible I might have accidentally hit someone.  though it was highly unlikely.   I checked scores to see what it did. To my astonishment, I had a 94 percent hit percentage, with guns.  How is this remotely possible?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
score
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 03:41:19 PM »
that's how some lamers game their hit % in gv's and stuff...  hitting your own hangars won't damage them, but it will count as a hit, so if you emptied a whole clip of m16 ammo onto a hangar, your hit % would be 100% (assuming you didn't miss any) and that will have an impact on the ranking as well.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
score
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 06:16:14 PM »
LOL. Well, that makes about as much sense as anything else in scoreing.