Author Topic: Sniped 2, Tanks Won  (Read 921 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2002, 10:24:35 PM »
Well, I'm finished with WW2OL for now. At least until they fix the "rifle kills a tank" thing. Sheesh.

Oh. And I know it was a rifle. I sat there and watched 2 of em crawl right up to me. I wanted to see what they would do. Sure enough. They crawled right up to me and started firing away. All hatches battoned down. First to go was the driver, then the gunner, then the TC.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2002, 10:03:27 AM »
apache,were you able to enter the tank and kill the men when they rode over you? That would be the only way you could know who died.

hardcase

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2002, 10:41:46 AM »
hardcase, sounds like Apache was in the tank and the rifle guys killed his crew while he was completely battened down.  

Sure they didn't have a sapper with them, Apache?

I've had fun, and I've had frustration.  

Frustration last night was with poor Speedee having blue screens. :(  The two times he didn't, we got vulched on the ground by a 110c, and I don't know what the hell hit us the next time.  I was busy calibrating the bombsight.  :(  One day I'm gonna get to use it ONLINE!  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2002, 10:54:08 AM »
You're right Nifty. I was in the tank.

Both had rifles so I'm pretty sure they weren't sappers. Also, I was getting single hits on the armour as my guys were dying. No explosions, unless that isn't modeled anyway.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2002, 11:11:44 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me several times Apache. Escpecially when using the British A13 or Renault A35(? the smaller tank).  It's nothin you imagined and it is quite a problem - IMO.  

I even watched it happen to other friendlies near me. The EI lay on the ground and shoot up into or at the tank until the bullets find thier way in somehow - and they do find thier way in with no problem even when you're buttoned up.  Seen it done to Axis tanks too so it's not just a limited gameplay problem.  All you can do is listen to the plink-plink-plink of the pistol or rifle as they shoot. Hoping that a friendly shoots at you to get the EI killed or a lucky bullet of your own can catch them as you whip the turret around to get em in your sights.

Or wait till 1.10 comes out in 6 mos which is what I'll do. Still too much 'wrong' with it to pay-to-play imo.   I did play for about 4 hours Saturday and after two boring hours I found one battle at Dinant that was fun.  Good fighting on both sides (Dinant?). Then played for about two or three hours on Sunday. It was extremely boring so I logged off. There was not one decent battles to be found.  And I jumped around a LOT looking for one. I could never find more than four or five Allied types at any one contested CP/AB.  The enemy was doing 'milk runs' (in the late afternoon eastern time to boot.). As soon as myself or few others offered resistance the enemy would go elsewhere. So much for the supposed "different" gameplay in comparison to  AW/WB/AH arenas.  (more Napoleons over there too. predicted that though and it's to be expected given the nature of "rank" as the reward)

Westy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 11:20:15 AM by K West »

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2002, 11:20:32 AM »
Thats it exactly Westy. I had been hearing folks complain about this but hadn't seen it for myself. When I saw these to rilfemen crawling towards me, I figured this was what they were planning so I just sat there and watched. They positioned themselves behind me and started plinking away.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2002, 12:18:31 PM »
i havent heard that bug being around in a long time. You can die, and not see explostion if someone is popping you from the back. There still may be a "hole" in the armor model, and I will have some of us beta look at it..but you are the first guy I've seen post on this problem, including the game forums.What tank were you in? But just because you saw riflemen and was dying, doesnt mean they were the ones killing you. If you were watching the riflemen, some sappers or the AI AT, or another tank could well be whacking you silly. The damage sounds are very similar for sappers and armor.

They may have hit you with 8 grenades, set the tank on fire, all sorts of possibilities,including a bug.

hardcase
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 12:26:44 PM by hardcase »

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2002, 12:25:11 PM »
I understand your postion hardcase.

I had been sitting in the same location for better than 10 minutes. I am confident that I was killed by the 2 riflemen that I watched shoot me. Not sure how I can be more planer than that.

I was in a PzIII.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2002, 12:40:57 PM »
How'd you watch them?  from your turret sight?  If so, why the hell didn't ya blast 'em?  :D

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2002, 12:46:53 PM »
Yeah, from the turret. I know, sounds stupid but I like to find out whats going on in a game. Whether others have heard about the rifle killing a tank or not is irrelevant. I have and wanted to see if it was BS. It wasn't.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2002, 12:51:05 PM »
completely understandable, Apache.  So I guess this means no AHbananas squad?  :D  

Hopefully someone will be able to duplicate that bug and it'll get on the fix list.

Along with the fediddlein' con bias for pilots!!!   Come on, that's gotta get on the high priority list!  :cool:

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2002, 12:52:31 PM »
lets see..riflemen have 10 mins on you. ANY possibility they called for help, ,someone rolled a tank or at up on you and they killed you? Did they throw grenades,,since inf have 4, and set your engine on fire and you burned to death? When you despawned were you on fire?

hardcase

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2002, 12:55:10 PM »
hehe. Nah, I ain't givin' up that easy. I was a little too quick on the trigger when I posted this.

Just have to make adjustments until its either squashed or someone proves I'm a numbskull. :)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2002, 12:55:48 PM »
Originally posted by hardcase
lets see..riflemen have 10 mins on you. ANY possibility they called for help, ,someone rolled a tank or at up on you and they killed you? Did they throw grenades,,since inf have 4, and set your engine on fire and you burned to death? When you despawned were you on fire?

hardcase

No, no and no.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sniped 2, Tanks Won
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2002, 01:06:01 PM »
Hardcase you're talking like you'd be surprised to find a bug or bad modelling in WW2OL.. LOL.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone