Author Topic: Ace Wannabe  (Read 441 times)

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
      • www.80squadron.tripod.com
Ace Wannabe
« on: July 06, 2002, 12:13:54 AM »
Hey,
 my name is Craig and I have played AH for a couple months offline now and I am fed up with it, I think that I can fly well enough to be online. I want to be a part of it all. The problem is that whenever I click the online button and register myself it alwayz has this thing at the bottom that says coupon number...I dont know what it is but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is what is holding me back from being an ace. So if anyone has any advice for me on how to get online please help me....
Email

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
answer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 12:17:18 AM »
The coupon number is a credit card number. You might as well sign up for an account on H2H because H2H is how you learn how to fight. Offline teaches you ABSOLUTELY nothing except how to shoot. You need to learn basics of fighting. So get an account and fly H2H and you will be set for the Main Arena in a couple months. I hope this helps.

~BlueiceJ~

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 12:20:33 AM »
So is H2H free, what is the deal on that... I am sorry for the stupid questions but I admit I dont know a thing...

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 03:36:10 AM »
I believe the coupon number is if you heard about the game from an add in a magazine or somewhere else.  I don't know though, as when I first signed up, there wasn't anything that said coupon.

As far as H2H, it is free.  I have never tried it, so I don't know how it works.  If you want to play in the main arena, you can use your two free weeks and try it out.  Like Blueice said, I would practice a bit before logging in for the first time.  If you can't wait, there is a Training Arena and a new trainer function in the MA.  If you do log on, you can often find someone that is willing to help you.

The best advice that I can give is this:  do not get discouraged.  At first, you will get shot down a lot, no matter how good you are offline or in another sim.  Aces High is a lot different than many of the sims out there and there are guys in the game that have been here for 2-3 years.  It is a very fun and very addicting game/sim.

Don't feel bad about asking questions, that is how you learn!  Also, some of your questions may be answered in the help file that is on the downloads page.  It is a Windows Help File and it has a ton of valuable information.  You might want to look it over a bit.  It is as close to a manual for the game that I have found.

There are also several websites run by players here that have tons of information on how to fight in Aces High and be successful (and this stuff ranges from the basic to the advanced).

Hope this stuff helps and feel free to ask questions!

Hopefully, we will see you in the Main Arena soon.

-math

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 04:16:15 AM »
Craig, get your fat bellybutton into the main arena, your destiny awaits you. Burp! Ya lotsa beer happy 4th July.

:D

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 12:37:27 PM »
Ok I think I have learned that my problem is not the coupon thing but, my real problem is that when I sign up it tells me that it will send my password to my email and it never shows up, I had originally thought it was the coupon thing but if it isnt then why dont I get a password sent to me?

Also: Thanx for all the help so far it is paying off and I appreciate it

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2002, 03:02:09 PM »
As far as the H2H area and signing up, the scoop is:
To play any AH online, free or pay arenas, you need to sign up for an account and then you can get your CPID or handle. That goes on until your free trial is up. Once it expires, you can pay and get access to all Pay arenas, MA, CT, DA, SEA, etc; and the H2H arena or not pay and then still have access to the free H2H arena.
Definately get used to the flight model and gunnery offline so you won't be a target for your whole trial. I flew offline alot and I think it really helped the changeover from 'that other sim'.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 04:08:00 AM »
Hey this is all really helpful because it is familiarizing me with what I need to do but why is it that everytime I sign up for an account I am never sent a password to my email??? That is the biggest problem I am having....

Thanx everyone for all the helpful tips and advice for a dumb newb :)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 09:05:53 AM »
What email?

HTC tends not to like some web based emails like yahoo & hotmail.

Do you have a good ISP based email?

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 01:26:08 PM »
There again is something I didnt think of....I will try my ISP based if that is all it takes....Hadnt even considered it.. thanx

Offline raven 8

• Copper Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2002, 09:44:16 AM »
play h2h . its free anyway.

the drones in offline may as well be stationary.

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2002, 09:59:22 AM »
WOW!!!!!! what an awesome game!!!!!! this is really amazing online thank you guys for all of the help in gettin there!!!!!! it is hard though wish me luck!!!!!:)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2002, 01:27:38 PM »
Craig T,
Anything this good will take some time. Go at your pace and don't get swamped and loose interest.
Heck... $14.95 a month and a new computer evey year of two.... cheaper than a girlfiriend.

[as you can tell, I probably don't have one myself] :D

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CraigThomas

• Zinc Member
Ace Wannabe
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2002, 04:36:40 PM »
THANX FUSE!!!!!!!!