Author Topic: Bored...  (Read 511 times)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Bored...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
RAM,  I haven't flown in a month.  I took a complete month off and well I'm concerned that I really don't miss it "that" much.

I am a weak flying ACM pilot at best but I still liked getting into those really good fights, you know the ones where your sweating when your done... it seems those types of fights were all but obsolete so I took a break.

I think I’ll come back to the arena this weekend and see how it goes, otherwise I might be looking at waiting for the Navy before I come back.

Take a break….

Mox
TWC

funked

Bored...
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2000, 07:13:00 PM »
It's pretty natural to get bored with a game after you play it way too much!  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Bored...
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
Ram;

Think how much more exciting the game will be after the Spit Mk XIV is introduced.  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"So what do you post here? Poetic love letters?"
Ram

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Bored...
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2000, 11:33:00 PM »
Doh Mino...

Do you know what time it is in Spain? You just woke him up... he's prolly just too tired to type his Spit XIV rant  

Nash

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bored...
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2000, 06:19:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Doh Mino...

Do you know what time it is in Spain? You just woke him up...

Not too long ago I was flying until 7am in fridays and weekends. now I dont feel like flying 10 minutes.

Mino, I stated my opinion about spitXIV in other threads. I wont put here anything about that.

To all the rest...I doubt that I am burn out of AH as I took some days free last week and the loss of interest was there when I returned...dunno if I will go away for a month or so, but I doubt that my interest in AH grows again doing that...

Anyway thanks for the input.

VISCONTI

Bored...
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi RAM i lost interest in AH too.

Nothing than dogfight.
Only 2 bombers <ridiculous>
Only late war AC, and people interested only on Fw190D9 and SpitXIV and in the near future they will ask for an f16.

HTC did a great work in this version but nothing changed.

Bombers gunners are ultrapowered, ground veicle can kill you whit a 7.7mm when in c202 whit 2 12.7mm  u damage nothing.

Think that this arcade situation must change asap.

I think we will see only late war AC for a lot of time and this mean nothing news.

sry guys but i'm very bored whit AH at this point  

HaHa

Bored...
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »
War wasn't necessarily fun. Flying for hours on end, boredom/frustration etc..

AH attempts to model a lot of aspects of war accurately. Unfortunately the last two are not outweighed with benefits that war would provide: benefits, congratulations, peer admiration, new equipment as a result of effort - basically a usuable roleplaying mechanism is needed.

Thus, boredome and frustration are all too common in AH with little reward. Flying 15 mins to die in 30 secs is no fun - especially when it means nothing to me (score = nothing really), or to my team/country. Even if the country does win the arena is reset like nothing happened..

I realized a couple of months ago that this is why I became bored with AH. I still played/payed though just to see if I could recindle my interest. Unfortunately this has not happened so I will be waiting either until new interesting equipment comes along, or a decent roleplaying system.

To give you an example how important roleplaying is - I used to play EQ for hours, just sitting there waiting for a spawn. Yes it was dull but there was always the fun factor, the fact that I knew I was improving my online persona.. gaining abilities or/and better equipment. There is none of that here.

dosequis

Bored...
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by HaHa:
War wasn't necessarily fun. Flying for hours on end, boredom/frustration etc..

To give you an example how important roleplaying is - I used to play EQ for hours, just sitting there waiting for a spawn. Yes it was dull but there was always the fun factor, the fact that I knew I was improving my online persona.. gaining abilities or/and better equipment. There is none of that here.

That's a pretty good point.

The big king of the hill snowball fight just isn't compelling. The Knights tonight undertook a real, actual offensive, pressing into Rook space headed right for the base next to our HQ. They took A28, then A32 and Rooks... just didn't care.

There needs to be something obtainable to do, like press on with the war. I'm hoping the terrain editor may make some battlefields that are good to play. I live in the Rockies, and nobody sees the elevation transitions that are in AH. Those mountains are ridiculous. A1 is ridiculous.

It's difficult unless you run a mega-squad to actually run the table in AH and reset the war. So, nobody really cares. They are just looking for a good dogfight, as am I. Every time I let myself care about the ground war or the mob gang bang base after base mentality, I come away from the game really pissed off and frustrated.

XX

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Bored...
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2000, 05:12:00 AM »
Hi Ram,
Sounds like you need a squad to me. Dropping out of the squad life and becoming a "lone wolf" is very difficult. I get frustrated a lot because I don't seem to have a purpose sometimes (Apart from as Target Drone).

I have alway kept away from Squads mainly because I don't really get to fly enough anymore (1 long session Fri night/ Sat Mornings & perhaps 30 mins or so a few other nights). I'm seriously considering mailing a few "CO's" should my online time increase though.

I always enjoyed the Scenarios perhaps you should try a few of them. (I plan to again when time again permits).

TTFN
snafu

------------------