Author Topic: More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2002, 11:08:03 AM »
You make it sound as if hedonism were a bad thing. :)
sand

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2002, 11:16:37 AM »
One good thing about Clinton's administration was that it helped relieve the country of its boredom!:D

Shuckins

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2002, 11:58:44 AM »
i dont know about that, its alot more exciting with a unelected facist coke head with a iq of 70 in the oval office.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2002, 12:54:26 PM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader
i dont know about that, its alot more exciting with a unelected facist coke head with a iq of 70 in the oval office.

How did you get into the Oval office? I thought the tourist tours were closed because of the terrorist threat?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2002, 01:27:38 PM »

Using your friend Thrawn's favorite debunker...

The truth about the Bush I.Q. rating

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2002, 02:15:40 PM »
I though it was the Oral orifice  ?

Did I mis-translate ?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2002, 01:04:10 AM »

Originally posted by SNOPES

NEEENEER!!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2002, 11:55:10 PM »
Been off the board, went to the con.

Hortlund pretty much provided the rebuttal points that I would have raised.

Ah geese Toad your going into a circler argument again like you did on Sunday. Like I said above, there’s alot more involved with character and integrity than shielding a mistress.

You're the one dancing around.

Yes, there's a lot more to it, like NOT HAVING A MISTRESS. You know.. that "marriage vow thing.

Did CLINTON "ever consider the honor, character and integrity of his wife and daughter?" Nope. In fact, like most every other "crisis of character" in his life, he failed that one too.

But I'm sure that little promise thing isn't a problem in your view either. ;)

In my view, he had two legitimate choices; I could have respected either one.

He could have told the truth. Unthinkable in his (and apparently your) view.

He could have simply refused to answer. All he had to do is say "My personal life is none of your business". Taking the 5th, as it were.

Cracking people over the head with a cane because they find out that you are cheating on your wife... that's a solution?

How about.... not cheating on your wife?  

Oh, yeah.. on more thing.

He was the President. She was an government intern.  

If say a military general had a consensual affair with a subordinate in his chain of command.. what would happen to the general? Remember the Air Force General Bill wouldn't nominate to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff because the general freely admitted to an affair almost 15 years before, while he and his wife were separated?

In your Chinese embassy you stipulate that the Embassy was aiding the effort to shoot down American aircraft and kill American service men performing missions he ordered.

You equate lying to save the lives military personnel with lying about having an affair with an intern to save a political career.

You see no difference?

Say, isn’t the 1994/95 congress the one that brought us “Contract with America”? the one that all the corporate accounting deregulation?... just asking.

Why yes.. I think it is. Are you saying that US corporations never "cooked the books" until accounting deregulation.. or are you saying they never got caught until then?

could care less about miss Lweinsky or the slime machine.. they had an Arab to kill or at least try.

So absolutely no "wag the dog" here? It just happened to be the fastest the Clinton administration ever took action though.. how conveeeeeeeeeeeeeeenient. :)

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2002, 12:04:01 AM »
Let me ask you "Gore really won" guys this question.

If the situation was exactly reversed... exactly, all the same things happened on the same timeline.. and Gore "won" the election... would you still be whining that "Bush actually won the election!" ?

Would 10Bears and Towd be arguing that Gore stole the election?

Please do answer.

Because I'm sure my view would be the same had the situation be exactly reversed. Just curious to see if YOUR position would be the same.. IE, popular vote determines. (Which of course it does not. Never has.)

Candidates have been elected even though they received fewer popular votes than their opponents. Both Rutherford B. Hayes, in 1876, and Benjamin Harrison, in 1888, were elected in this manner. John Quincy Adams also received fewer popular votes than his opponent. On several occasions the popular vote pluralities of the electoral college victors have been razor thin or even questionable. One instance was the election of John F. Kennedy over Richard M. Nixon in 1960. IIRC, Eisenhower prevailed upon Nixon not to challenge the discrepancies in voting in order to preserve the peoples "faith in the system". It wasn't because he felt the wasn't sufficient grounds.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2002, 10:13:49 AM »
I have seen some compelling evidence over the years to suggest that old "Joe" Kennedy might have bought the election in Chicago with mob help.  He supposedly sent sent a couple of million dollars through Sam Giancano to "fix" the results in Chicago.  

Nixon and Eisenhower had suspicions that this had happened, but chose not drag the country through a vicious partisan battle and acrimonious investigation.  That may have been the classiest thing that Nixon ever did.  It may also explain his paranoia and subsequent actions in later years.  This is not to excuse his actions...just explain them.

Now compare Nixon and Eisenhower's actions with those taken during the 2000 election.  

Come to think of it, you really can't compare the two.  Can you?

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2002, 10:19:26 AM »
Toad #1-

Agreed. The whole "vow" thing seems to have sailed right over the heads of many, right along with the lack of judgement in starting a new affair with a subordinate in the midst of civil litigation over unwanted sexual advances- to which he planned to plead innocent. What a defense lawyer's nightmare.

Toad #2-

I felt cheated for 8 years under Clinton, so I probably would have felt cheated under Gore. In the end, I would have done like I did under Clinton- realized he was elected and I had to deal with it.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2002, 10:26:03 AM »
If Gore "won" under the same circumstances as Bush?

I honestly would probably stay quietly ashamed about it. I realize this is hypocritical, but I am trying to be honest.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2002, 12:33:28 PM »
Well, MT, that's my point.

In the exact same circumstances I'd feel the same way I do now if Gore was President. It wasn't a pretty election, I grant you. However, it's done and it's done as well as the stumblebums that run the Government could do it. You and I probably couldn't do any better and probably not as well. So.. if Gore was my President, you wouldn't hear me continually bemoaning the "stolen election".

But I realize that there are people quite a bit unlike myself. :D

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2002, 03:38:16 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Let me ask you "Gore really won" guys this question.

If the situation was exactly reversed... exactly, all the same things happened on the same timeline.. and Gore "won" the election... would you still be whining that "Bush actually won the election!" ?

If the situation was reversed, would right wing loonies have called for an armed insurrection?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2002, 05:24:37 PM »
I don't know; I'm not a right wing loonie. :)

The far right wing guys don't think of themselves as Republicans either, as far as I know. They seem to hate government in general.

Any of you "gore guys" gonna answer besides MT? :D