Author Topic: More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2002, 02:44:29 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

Then again... Dubya didn't beat Gore either. :P

I'd say this quote pretty much sums up your knowledge of democracy and the rule of law...

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Re: Bill Clinton lied about a blow job...
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2002, 03:01:51 AM »
Originally posted by weazel

For 12 years, from 1981-1993, the United States was governed by Reagan and Bush who merged the power of the state with criminality to a degree possibly unmatched in modern American history.

The "crack" epidemic that devastated Los Angeles and other U.S. cities was due to massive shipments of cocaine smuggled by elements of the CIA-organized Nicaraguan contra army in the early-to-mid 1980s.

Danilo Blandon Reyes, a former contra leader and drug dealer, testified during a cocaine trafficking trial in San Diego that the smuggling was given a green light by the late Enrique Bermudez, who commanded the FDN, the largest contra force and the one most closely associated with the CIA

A wealth of evidence, collected by federal drug agents and congressional investigators during the 1980s, corroborated that the Reagan-Bush administrations knew about the drug trafficking and mounted a determined cover-up to protect the contras from exposure.

Senior administration officials apparently shared Enrique Bermudez's situational ethics. After all, President Reagan had hailed the contras as the "moral equivalent of the Founding Fathers." They could not be unmasked as drug dealers.

The disgraceful  filth we had in the White House not only allowed *tons* of cocaine to be imported and sold in the US... they also blew billions of dollars on fighting the "drug war" and imprisioned  people for long prison terms for cocaine related offenses.  

Both them and involved cabinet members should have gotten life prison sentences....and don't forget, one of the main persons implicated is now the US vice president.

I guess crime really does pay, if your a Bush or friend of one. :rolleyes:

So if I have understood you correct here, the "crack epidemic" was the fault of the contras, who were funded by the CIA, who were under orders from Reagan...so therefore Reagan is responsible for the crack epidemic?

How about the stupid bastards paying for the illegal crack and then consuming it to get high? Are they to blame at all?

Also, if the contras were drug dealers "on the side", so what? Take a look at the US track record...it aint exactly spotless. Why worry about "freedom fighters" who are selling drugs to finance their war when you have so many cases of much worse behavior by US supported actors.

Supporting Saddam Hussein and the Afghan "mujahedin", supporting dictators (for example South Vietnam and Iraq) and killing democracies (Chile), wagin unlawful wars (Kosovo) committing crimes against international law (Clinton's cruise missiles to Sudan), etc etc etc...do you have any idea how long this list can be made? Why are you focusing on 81-93? Why stop at 93 when you have oh so many crimes committed by a sitting US president in the 94-00 period too?

The USA  has always been pretty good at "merging the power of the state with criminality", and whether you like it or not, mr Clinton set a new record in that area.

If you claim to have proof that the US government were actively helping the drug delaers, then by all means, go ahead and post your sources. If you have nothing more than statements like "a wealth of evidence" proves this or that, then let it go, because no one will take you seriously.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 03:08:42 AM by Hortlund »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2002, 05:20:11 AM »
more......
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2002, 07:52:14 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

I'd say this quote pretty much sums up your knowledge of democracy and the rule of law...  

There is absolutely nothing democratic about the electoral college.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 07:54:44 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2002, 08:03:21 AM »

another gem... what did you do in school anyway?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2002, 08:06:10 AM »
Ok, from the cambridge dictionary:

democracy
noun
the belief in freedom and equality between people, or a system of government based on this belief, in which power is either held by elected representatives or directly by the people themselves

The government has promised to uphold the principles of democracy.
The early 1990s saw the spread of democracy in Eastern Europe.

A democracy is a country in which power is held by elected representatives.
Few of the Western democracies still have a royal family.
FIGURATIVE This company is a democracy - all the employees are equal, and share in making decisions.

democratic
adjective
We must accept the results of a democratic election (=an election in which all people can vote).
Do you think Australia is a more democratic country (=there is greater social equality there) than Britain?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2002, 08:11:39 AM »

another gem... what did you do in school anyway?

YAWN.
sand

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2002, 08:26:59 AM »
hehe, yeah I suspected that actually...

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2002, 08:42:50 AM »
Gore won the popular vote;  Bush the electoral vote.  The court battle over Florida's electoral votes divided the nation as no other issue has in recent years.  Even Richard Nixon had enough class to bow out of the fight after the controversial election of 1960 rather than drag the country through an acrimonious legal challenge of the election results.  And he had sufficient cause to challenge the results.

But I digress.

Gore may have won the popular vote in 2000, but I doubt if he could do it today.

On the subject of Bill Clinton let me offer the following thoughts.

Arkansas is a small state, so native Arkansans, such as myself, have had numerous occassions to hear him speak or to socialize with him.  He and I share a number of friends, although I have never spoken to him personally.  

His party has controlled the state legislature without interruption since 1874, the year that Reconstruction ended in Arkansas.  That is the longest uninterrupted control of a state legislature by a single political party in the history of the United States.  That has led to a number of abuses of political power over the years.  Decades ago, Arkansas politics was about as corrupt as that of any state in the nation.  Things have improved somewhat since that time, but certain attitudes and practices linger.  Contempt for the rival party, the use of surrogates when questionable methods are used to accomplish a goal, accepting illegal campaign contributions, using government agencies to investigate political opponents,  or covering up for fellow party members who have been caught in some questionable act.

The year that Clinton threw his hat into the ring to run for president, I was overseas studying in Egypt.  On the return flight home, a young couple asked a companion and myself about Clinton.  What was he like...that sort of thing.  My companion, a lady who was a staunch Clinton supporter, said that she thought he would make it to the White House.  I replied that I wasn't sure about his chances because there was a possibility that scandals would keep him from winning the Democratic nomination...and that even if elected scandals might sink his administration.  

The bad habits he developed while governor of Arkansas nearly destroyed his administration.

Clinton was the friend of the son of a lady who is one of closest friends.  Just prior to his first presidential election she tried to persuade me to vote for him.  She felt that he had a lot to offer the nation.  I listened politely, and later wrote Clinton a letter, detailing some of the things that I thought he ought to try to accomplish as President.  I wished him well

But I did NOT vote for him.

Late in his second administration, after the latest scandal had hit the papers, she and I had another conversation about him.  She admitted that she could no longer defend some of the things that he was doing.  This lady was a close personal friend of his and had worked in his office when he was governor.  She had supported him for many years and loved him dearly.  But she would not blindly defend him.

The partisanship he exhibited during his first two years in office was the real Bill Clinton.  His belief in his own "rightness" or the "rightness of his cause" leads him to treat the opposition with contempt.  He might have been able to get away with that type of thing in Arkansas, but it was another matter altogether to engage in that behavior on a national stage.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2002, 09:10:33 AM »
Ok, from the cambridge dictionary:

democracy
noun
the belief in freedom and equality between people, or a system of government based on this belief, in which power is either held by elected representatives or directly by the people themselves

The government has promised to uphold the principles of democracy.
The early 1990s saw the spread of democracy in Eastern Europe.

A democracy is a country in which power is held by elected representatives.
Few of the Western democracies still have a royal family.
FIGURATIVE This company is a democracy - all the employees are equal, and share in making decisions.

democratic
adjective
We must accept the results of a democratic election (=an election in which all people can vote).
Do you think Australia is a more democratic country (=there is greater social equality there) than Britain?

Your point?
sand

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2002, 09:47:23 AM »

Naturally... since Gore lost because of it MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2002, 09:58:36 AM »
The Founding Fathers created the electoral college as a tool for preventing the larger states from running roughshod over the smaller states during the presidential election.  This is similar to the protections given to "minorities" in the Constitution.  In that regard, the electoral college serves a legitimate purpose.  

Nixon had the good grace to bow out in the election of 1960 to spare the country the pain of a divisive election scandal.  A similar act of self-sacrifice did not take place in the election of 2000.  Democrats, having lost in the courts, fairly or unfairly, have been vowing vengeance ever since.

The matter should have been laid to rest for the good of the country.  No wonder George Washington warned the country about the dangers of "the spirit of party."

Regards, Shuckins

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2002, 10:11:36 AM »
Hort-

not the one i'm looking for, ain't found it yet, but it shows the level of this wenches dementia.

"I think should be armed but should not vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."
-- Ann Coulter, Politically Incorrect, Feb. 26, 2001

More here:

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20020205Coulter.html
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Why the electoral college is a good thing
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2002, 11:08:24 AM »
I like it :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why the electoral college is a good thing
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2002, 11:17:52 AM »
Originally posted by Tumor
I like it :D

Lucky we don't elect people by greatest land mass covered! Then we'd get a President from Texas! oops!

Tumor, if you were to highlight the major centers of population in blue and the rest in red your map would look very similar. Remember who got the most votes now?