Author Topic: More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!  (Read 2342 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
More Ann Coulter Nonsense!!
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2002, 05:33:36 PM »
Hey fellas, you ever need to get a hold of 10Bears don’t bother to email, just trash President Clinton in the O’Club I’ll be on here to defend the Big Dawg lickity split!

Toad your from the south right?.. lets talk about the character and integrity of these 10th grade Heathers who can’t seem to mind their own business. What happens  down south when a gentleman blabs and snitches out the other gentlemen's mistress?.. Is the character and integrity questioned of the guy who wants to keep his mistress tucked away?.. Or is it the blabbermouth who needs to get whacked over the head with a walking cane?.
The Paula Jones lawsuit had little merit. Have you actually read the transcript?. It took them 38 minutes to ask the first question about Paula Jones. And even then it was only four or five questions. The rest was all Monica. Even a Nairobi tribesmen could see Paula Jones was used as a vehicle to “get” president Clinton on Monica... (they knew about her for months that’s BS about them just finding out) Even your gal Ann Colter admits they knew about her for months.
And if you think powerful world leaders don’t keep a mistress around all through history, you better crack open a book.
No sir I judge the character and integrity of President Clinton on what he did as president. A lasting peace in northern Ireland. Simi peace in middle east, Korea almost reconciled due to a large part by President Clinton. His economic stimulus package of 1993 which cut taxes for lower end workers but raised taxes to the highest 1% of earners, with the promise of a balanced budget and paying down the national debt. A balanced budget means lower interest rates which would offset the higher tax. Also, with lower intrest rates, people are able to get a loan for a startup business. That sir, floats everybody's boat... 5,000 new schools build. 100,000 more cops on the street. and plenty more. THAT Toad is real character and real integrity.

Steve, Kosovo deserves it’s own thread. But I better warn you, while y’all were fishing around in the presidents trousers,  I was watching Yugoslavia like a hawk.. I read stratfor every day and other news sources from 1991. I bought every book written on the subject so... you better bring your A game. No opinion pieces.... they all have to be FACT articles.
Can’t do it today.. just got a call up for a large show. (Thank God, at least 250 billable hours)
This economy was starting to make me sweat.

edit to answer Toad real quick then I got to run
Because it had been planned a month in advance?... look it up
If the cruise missiles took 6 hours to reach target, is it possable the nme was tipped off?
Why is it important for Iraq to be attacked in Sept or Oct at the latest?
And... before you get too mad at me, I think your the smartest conservetive on this board :)..
Good day sir

« Last Edit: July 30, 2002, 05:49:20 PM by 10Bears »

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2002, 06:25:41 PM »
10Bears,

I found the following statements in your post to be somewhat confusing:

1.  A lasting peace in northern Ireland?  Well, maybe.

2.  A semi-peace in the Middle East?  Did Hamas and the Israelis kiss and make up?  Did Sharon invite Arafat to eat dinner in his home?  Are Palestinian and Israeli civilians able to walk their streets in peace and safety?  Have I missed something here?  Define semi-peace.

3. North Korea almost reconciled to the United States?  Is that like being almost friends?  Have they stopped trying to develop ICBM's?  Are they now willing to allow free trade with their country?  Will their government now accept food, medicine and other aid from the U.S. for their starving population?  There was a time when they wouldn't you know.  Has all of that changed?  Would being almost reconciled  be similar to saying that the leaders of the Chinese Army were almost Democrats because they funnelled money to Clinton's reelection campaign through his vice-President?  (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) :D

How can you claim these as accomplishments when the problems still remain, and in some cases have worsened?

Clinton had some accomplishments.  All Presidents do.  His were marred by his scandals, which were many in number.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2002, 06:39:43 PM »
Shuckins, how do you do that colored-type thingie? That's pretty cool :)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2002, 06:40:15 PM »
Much like a middle ground between the house and senate, eh Sandman?  Towns of 10,000 have no desire to be under national policies designed from the perspective of cities of 1,000,000.  That's why rural areas are red, and their senators will never support getting rid of the electoral college.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2002, 07:04:52 PM »
Can tell you at least one thing Slick Willy didn't do during the 12 or so years he was governor of Arkansas. He never visited Little Rock AFB little more than 20 miles from the state Capitol, not once.

Even if he wasn't the biggest scum bucket to ever be elected to any political office I'd dislike him for that reason alone.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2002, 07:08:00 PM »
Whats the difference between 700 confidential FBI files and 7,000,000 confidential FBI files found in the office of homeland security?

The former happened and responsibility was denied by the then-president. (How'd those get there?) There was no moral or legal purpose for them to be there.

The latter was proposed in the full light of day, along with discussion on the topic, along with a pretty good reasoning for doing so.

How's that? I maintain I am correct in my original ascertation, Richard Nixon was brought down for less than those 700 files.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2002, 07:15:22 PM »
1. A lasting peace in northern Ireland? Well, maybe.
And an independent parliament for Scotland, I credit Mel Gipson for that.

2. A semi-peace in the Middle East? Did Hamas and the Israelis kiss and make up?
8 years of rocks and rubber bullets compared to... compared to what shuckins?

3. North Korea almost reconciled to the United States
North and South Korea coming real close to reconciliation Communism wouldn’t have ended in the north but maybe just maybe with a little engagement... there might be a third way or some other solution so N .Korea could re-enter the world. Clinton was ^ that close.

leaders of the Chinese Army were almost Democrats because they funnelled money to Clinton's reelection campaign through his vice-President? (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
Shuckins, would you like me to pour you a nice hot cup of coffee? No you don’t need no sugar or creme... drink it black.
Haly Barbor the man convicted of accepting Chinese money was..... HEAD OF THE RNC

Good Lord have mercy! what a crying shame these fine good lookin’  collage boys get their news from newsmax or Rush.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2002, 07:17:04 PM »
Elfenwolf,

To highlight a word with color look above the page on which you are typing your post.  Right beside font is a bar labeled color. Click on the down arrow beside it.  Pick a color and click on it.  A side panel will pop up with a line for you to type the highlighted word on.  When finished, click OK and it will place it in the text.

Regards, Shuckins :)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2002, 07:26:28 PM »
10Bears,

Do you mean it wasn't Al Gore who visited a Buddhist temple to make a speech and walked away with a paper sack containing hundreds of thousands of dollars?  Was it not Al Gore who used White House telephones to solicit campaign funds in direct violation of federal law?  Did he not state that it may have been illegal but there was "no controlling legal authority" to enforce it, thereby implying that the whole matter was somehow trivial?

Heavens to Betsy!  How many scandals would this administration have had to be involved in before you would find fault with it?  Party loyalty is a fine thing, but isn't that carrying it to the extreme?

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2002, 07:29:51 PM »
Like this? Or maybe more like this?(singing) I'll have a Blue Christmas without you...how cool! Now I can send coded messages!

Hortlund has announced that he is opposed to gay marriages!  How kewl! Now I can insult color blind people!!

Edit to thank Shuckins:)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2002, 07:37:13 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Much like a middle ground between the house and senate, eh Sandman?  Towns of 10,000 have no desire to be under national policies designed from the perspective of cities of 1,000,000.  That's why rural areas are red, and their senators will never support getting rid of the electoral college.

Agreed. There is no way the Electoral College will go away. That would require a Constitutional Amendment and the smaller states wouldn't support it.

There are other options... the District Method, the Proportional Method and the Humphrey Compromise to name a few.

Whatever... there's got to be a better way. It's not right. It's not fair and it's certainly not equal with the current system. A vote in Wyoming carries four times the weight of a vote in California.
sand

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2002, 07:44:08 PM »
Coming from a city of 13,500, and being a regular voter, I don't want my voice overwhelmed by a few large urban areas intent on voting themselves endowments.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2002, 07:47:03 PM »
Sandman,

What other way can you suggest to protect the smaller states (most of which are rural) from being run over roughshod by the larger states.  Each state has the same number of electoral votes as it does Senators and House members.  The number of House members each state has is determined by its population.  Since the membership of the House has been frozen at 435 members, each state is given a number of House members based on the proportion of the national population that resides within the state's borders.  Yet, I never hear anyone complaining about THAT system of representation.

I prefer to think that when the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and created the Electoral College they had thought long and hard about the problems of representation and how to have a popular election and yet preserve the rights of the smaller states.  

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2002, 07:51:10 PM »
Hey, I think anyone that's willing to live in Montana or the Dakotas DESERVES two or three votes for my one.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2002, 08:09:50 PM »
Sandman,

Your chart is interesting and entertaining.  Arkansas' voting value is listed as being 1.17 while poor California's voting value is listed as being only 0.85.   Bless their little pea-pickin' hearts!

Such comparisons are meaningless in light of the statistics that really count, such as these:

Arkansas' electoral votes - 6
California's electoral votes - 54

Now who do you really think carries the biggest clout on election day?  The only way the small states can influence the outcome of the popular presidential vote is during an extremely close election.  If the Electoral College did not exist, presidential candidates would concentrate most of their campaign efforts and money in the 12 largest states, ignoring the constituencies of the smaller states.  They could ignore them without fear of political retribution.  

I state again that the Founding Fathers knew what they were doing when they created the Electoral College.  What other protection do the small states have against urban hegemony?

Regards, Shuckins