Author Topic: Check it out!  (Read 445 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Check it out!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2002, 12:45:00 PM »
This issue really causes a lot of internal conflict with me.

I firmly believe in the right to a fair trial.

I believe everyone should be considered innocent until being found guilty by a jury of your peers in a court of law. (This includes fair and professional treatment of suspects by police and correctional officers)

I am firmly against the death penalty (mostly because we make mistakes and you can't take back dead.)

The right to reasonable bail until your guilt has been established

And in most cases I think sentencing should focus on changing behavior, or at least removing them from the opportunity to repeat the crime, and not just on punishing or getting even with an offender.

All that said. I also find myself profoundly relieved that this filth is dead.

In the case of sex offenders or people who prey on kids.  I feel - no matter how much it goes against what I believe both spiritually (all can be forgiven) and my political views- that there are acts you can commit that cause you to forfeit your rights as a human.  I don't see it as vengeance or even punishment. It’s like putting down a rabid dog, or killing a dangerous animal that has lost his fear of people.

In these cases, and with irrefutable evidence (as in this case where he was caught in the act, or in the Dodd case years ago where they found pictures and clothing from the murdered children in his apartment).  I find myself not just in support of the death penalty but relieved by it.  And the sooner the better.  No technicalities no trial just a bullet. And hopefully the guy does something stupid during his arrest so the cop can shoot him with no remorse or second thought at all.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Check it out!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2002, 03:24:32 PM »
"We don't have to worry about him being rehabilitated," Sparks said of Ratliff. "We don't have to worry about the Supreme Court. He is deceased."

Isn't that some dialog from one of the MacManus brothers in Boondock Saints?

Glad the girls weren't hurt any worse than they were and that the police that found them were unscathed.

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Check it out!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2002, 09:17:39 AM »
My previous post was purposely ambiguous.
;)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Check it out!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2002, 10:12:18 AM »
These girls were very lucky, hopefully their life in the future will be good.
At least they don't have to be afraid or even be thinking of the guy coming back, sheriffs sure took care of that.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Check it out!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2002, 10:37:53 AM »
A little wonder

I hope the raper gonna burn in hell
His end was to soft