Author Topic: <S> Skuzzy  (Read 423 times)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
<S> Skuzzy
« on: August 07, 2002, 01:22:45 AM »
Saddest thing I heard at the con was that Applink was closing. :(

It's pretty common knowledge that you were (and in my book still are) a huge asset to this community with your knowledge and willingness to harrass people to get our connections right.

Hopefully all will go well in the future for ya - cats always land on their feet :) Even network ones. Be seeing ya at next years con? :)

Good luck
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline tofri at work

• Zinc Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 03:52:50 AM »
Really sorry to hear that bad new news, Skuzzy:(

You was always a great help to us.

Good luck and all the best for you.

Tofri

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 04:06:10 AM »
Always willing to help with problems and a great bloke to boot.

Thanks for your hard work, mate. Good luck with whatever plans you have now.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 04:33:34 AM »
I hope all goes well for you; you've always been an asset.

Offline Saw at Work

• Zinc Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 06:56:20 AM »
Skuzzmee! Good luck with your plans!

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Re: <S> Skuzzy
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 07:03:27 AM »
Originally posted by moose
Saddest thing I heard at the con was that Applink was closing. :(

It's pretty common knowledge that you were (and in my book still are) a huge asset to this community with your knowledge and willingness to harrass people to get our connections right.

Hopefully all will go well in the future for ya - cats always land on their feet :) Even network ones. Be seeing ya at next years con? :)

Good luck

HIS Company is closing? WTF!!! Why? He's in a great market. Baaa, I bet he's been squeezed by the big boys.

I work in the Telcom Industry... it has some real sharp indiv's and some serious morons. Skuzzy was sharp and helpful. He always seemed to go the extra mile for people.  

Skuzzy
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 07:49:10 AM »
It is hard leaving and shutting down AppLink.  Let's just say the telcos won.  While I had plans to keep AppLink healthy,...I just ran out of time and money.

It has been a pleasure to work with all of you.  You guys and gals are part of something special, whether you realize it or not.  I am grateful for the time I had and all the people I got to meet.

Timing for me could not have been worse, with the economy being what it is.  No investors out there at all willing to dole out any capital, no matter how sound of an idea you have, so i will be looking for a job, starting today.

This will be my last post, as I will not have an Internet connection as I pack the last remnants of AppLink up.

to all of you guys and gals for making time at AppLink enjoyable.  Hehe,..I actually do enjoy this work.  I appreciate all the comments and support.

On the upside, I have been very fortunate to have been associated with HTC and watched them fullfill thier dreams as well as being part of a community that is just incredible.

Thanks to all and a hearty
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 09:08:50 AM »
Sorry to hear that Skuzzy.

Seems the small ISPs are being squezed away by the larger telcos and such.  Same thing happened up here in Maine a year or so ago.  Everyone ran to the big guys promising low rates.  Then the big guys upped the prices, and people got upset with long tech support hold times, etc etc.  Small Companies have that personal touch and even if they can't always muster the same low rates as the larger guys, you cant put a price on talking to someone minus a huge hold time.

Let us know how you make out.  And I wanna see your 3DMark Scores with that Radeon 9700 (when its out) versus my GeForce 4 4600 someday!  :D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 09:18:31 AM »
Really sorry to hear that Skuzz. Good luck with your new career.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2002, 09:22:02 AM »
Thanks for the help you've given me, and good luck man.

Charon

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2002, 09:28:44 AM »
Good luck Skuzzy!

Come back and fly with us when you will have a chance again.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2002, 10:06:01 AM »
All the best for the future Skuzzy! Hope you will keep in touch with the community that owes you so much and holds you in such high regard. You were a great asset to HTC and to the players of Aces High and always willing to do that little bit more to help a player with a problem to you sir!

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 10:11:25 AM »
Skuzzy :(
JG11

Vater

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 10:13:28 AM »
Good luck, and thanks for all the effort you've put into helping HA players and HTC.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
<S> Skuzzy
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2002, 10:15:15 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy

Good luck in your future endeavors!

AKDejaVu