Author Topic: Cloning as a "Reproductive Right" Liberals?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Cloning as a "Reproductive Right" Liberals?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2002, 12:07:06 PM »
I say we go find Erik Estrada, yank him from his beach resort somewhere in Mexico and make clones of him for our future wars against Terrorism. We could even ask George Lucas for the copyright permission of calling his clones Boba Fetts. Yeah baby, that will freak out the terrorists! And if thats not enough we will clone his partner also, Officer Puncharello or was it  Starsky or Robin or Shirley, well find him no worries!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2002, 12:41:20 PM »
Those of you who are all for cloning, think of being the clone yourself.

You are told at the age of 15 (or whenever) that you are *special* and that the doctors made it possible for you to be identical to your father so you'd be able to donate an organ to him so he can become healthy. What kind of psychological impact would that have on you? Looking at the cost of the procedure it is obvious that you were created for the sole purpose of making 'ol dad better. But what of your own life? How could you say no to the surgery? Talk about behavioral problems.

Do you guys not see the can of worms you're in favor of opening? Is it not possible to think past your nose? Now agree with me and shut up.

That is all.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2002, 02:40:20 PM »
Originally posted by hblair
Those of you who are all for cloning, think of being the clone yourself.

You are told at the age of 15 (or whenever) that you are *special* and that the doctors made it possible for you to be identical to your father so you'd be able to donate an organ to him so he can become healthy. What kind of psychological impact would that have on you? Looking at the cost of the procedure it is obvious that you were created for the sole purpose of making 'ol dad better. But what of your own life? How could you say no to the surgery? Talk about behavioral problems.

Do you guys not see the can of worms you're in favor of opening? Is it not possible to think past your nose? Now agree with me and shut up.

That is all.

one of my points exactly

but it doesn't matter to "immortal miko" :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2002, 03:12:33 PM »
Eagler: one of my points exactly
but it doesn't matter to "immortal miko" :)

Of course it does not - I do not have a slightest intention of using my clone for spare parts. Your personal accusations are only based on your conviction that anyone daring to disagree with you must be a child-eater or worse.

hblair: Do you guys not see the can of worms you're in favor of opening? Is it not possible to think past your nose? Now agree with me and shut up.
 hblair - your argument is quite logical. It accurately predicts the new kind of a disgusting act that will be introduced to the world once cloning is working. But that applies to any new technology that can be used for good and evil.

Why should I deny myself a use of a technique because some other people use it for objectionable purposes?

miko