Author Topic: FW190 and the insta flip flopping  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
FW190 and the insta flip flopping
« on: August 11, 2001, 02:41:00 AM »
Is it just me or are 190s really getting rediculous with the insta flip flops?

Ive lost tracking on several 190s due to the unpredictable nature of the insta flip flops only to find the same 190 on my 6 shooting like mad.

Im sorry but it is not the way one would see combat through biological eye sockets.

The 190 roll should be adjusted to that of visual capacity to see the rolling as it occurs.

Im sorry LW guys, I know the 190 had the most bestest roll rate but it appears to have been so good that 21st century technology cant transmit those rolls at the speed of electrons.

Y

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Yeager ]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2001, 03:07:00 AM »
190's are fine the way they are.

last thing needed in AH is mushbirds dumbed down inertia roll code

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2001, 03:18:00 AM »
And that a significantly reduced roll-rate in AH Yeager.

Mebbe P51s should have slower speed and dive.

Mebbe Spits should turn less well.

All those things bother me.  :)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »
I sometimes experience warp rolling 190s.

I sometimes experience war rolling P-38's, P-47, P-51's and spits.

The ratio between the 190 and other fighters for me is about 1:1; i.e 1 warp for 190 means 1 warp for [insert plane].

Then again, I know that some people can make the fast rolling planes do weird warpage maneuvers. This is not so much due to *roll rate* as it is riding the edge of the "don't move your controls so rapidly" algorithm.

And no thanks; adding inertia to deal with a technical problem isn't the way to go. HTC gets my $30 bucks for having been smart enough to come up with an alternative solution.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »
"Then again, I know that some people can make the fast rolling planes do weird warpage maneuvers. This is not so much due to *roll rate* as it is riding the edge of the "don't move your controls so rapidly" algorithm."

CC!! I've seen Spits and 190's (only mentioning these two as they are the two that come to mind right away) do manuevers (fish-flop, leaping about like a porpoise, break-dance like flying) that should bleed thier "E" like crazy, imo.  When the wings and fuselages go perpendicular to the air flow there should be a huge brake effect if not outright removal of appendages from the main body. But that doesn't happen.

Westy

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2001, 11:04:00 AM »
It's NOT inertia coding that makes it mushbirds, it's the fact that any control surface inputs are delayed or "slowed down" to supposedly "realistic" levels, so that it takes forever to move the ailerons, etc. to full deflection.  :(

The same delay is also present in AH, but it is nowhere near as much.  :)

PS: If 190 causes problems even with it's "significantly reduced"(choke) rollrate, then it's no wonder we haven't seen a clipped wing Spitfire.  :p

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
The fish flopping warp rolling LW dance is not so much of a problem... I just wait till he wears out his stick... but that takes time; and often his buddies notice the blood in the water; and come on over...
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
I dont think Yeager is complaining about the roll rate being too fast.

I think he's trying to ask if there is anyway to speed up the coding so that you just see the plane flip.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm so sick of the flopping that I go for 190's first. It's only fair!  :)

That's when the n1k gets me.   :rolleyes:

:cool:

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Oh btw.

I am gonna take up the style of posting of some of the posters here, just for the fun of it. I've taken the liberty of adding a ælittle of the thought process, as if I was one of them but with less impulse control. Ahem.

"Hehehe I bet the RAF wants all LW planes to fly slow and steady and not fire back. <impulse>
You RAF guys are unbelievevable. I won't read a word any person that has flown a RAF plane writes and actually read the text, instead I'll focus on this RAF issue.
</impulse>
Flips flops happened in real life you know. They could intentionally stall the wing of a plane and get an amazing roll rate. I'll post some anecdotal evidence later to prove that I'm utterly right and <impulse>that you, quite basically, are full of sh|t.</impulse>

Btw, if he flip flops in front of you, it's your own stupid fault. Learn to set up an attack properly. Ever heard of net lag? Well, it happens dude. <Impulse>Stop your whining, it's your own whoopeeed fault. Man am I sick of people wo think they have some kind of point.</impulse>

Where are the films? I want to see some evidence. I want you to film every engagement you have now, have it verified that you did just that and then I want a statistical analysis of the data. <impulse>Even then I won't be happy, but I ain't saying that outright here. I'm dug in and prepared to stick by my guns</impulse>

Get real <impulse> think like me. or you're nothing. I hate anything RAF. What's the matter with you; a dissenting opinion? I bet you couldn't beat up me and my cheerleaders all at once, you wuss. Hope to see you at the con, we'll kick the crap outta you</impulse>

:D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
Damn santa; you coulda saved us all a lotta time by posting that sooner in these threads!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
As a avid Dora user, I am still amazed at the flippidy flopping other 190's do.

I fly the Dora 90%,  and always try and zoom in on stuff. The 190's that see me of course wait to 600 and do this flip thingy alot of the times. And in fact, sometimes it is outright comical.

Thing is, when Im in that position and use rudder pedals for a bleed reducing spiral roll, I rarley, but sometimes get the accusation Im stick stiring, when from my point of view Im using what before with a hoopty twisty stick, I was unable, or not aware that I could do.

It might be user FE.

I think some guys do use the roll rate and lag of the game to do these really weird flops, I never try, but again, it may just be FE.

edit- and I have many films, as I enjoy this flopping thing.  :)

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Yeager, I might be the only one, but I am VERY Rarely experiansing any flip flopping 190's, nor am I experiasing any Flip Flopping spits due to their turnrate, don't know why, but I don't.

If (I'd quit AH right away) the 190's roll rate was to be slowed down, it would lose (A's and F) the little advantage they have, allso IF the roll rate was to be slowed down, let's say 20%, so should ALL (evry little single pitchy little flying and non flying) plane in the game, have its roll rate turned down by 20% to counter for the disadvantage of the 190. Now, I am sure most of us would hate to fly F6f's and 109's with 20% less roll rate, eh?
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
I've never noticed the 190's doing excessive flip flop, always looks fluid to me.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Get a better connection?-)
Don't meet with the laggers?-)