Author Topic: The Genesis of the F4U1c Hoard  (Read 746 times)

funked

The Genesis of the F4U1c Hoard
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »
Lazs 4 years and you still haven't figured it out.  The way you defend a field is by shooting down the enemy before they get to the field.  In case you are too dense to guess where they will be, HTC have provided a nice AWACS display to give you precise range and bearing information.  The idea is that you go shoot them down before they can drop their load.  The resulting combat is called a "dogfight".

lazs

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
exactly funked.... if fighters are available.  people go where the "awacs" tell em to.  The point I am making is that if the fighter hangers are down and fighters can't take off the field is useless to everyone.   if you see a couple of huge bars at the next field over but by the time you fly over to it it is a lopsided gangbang because of the lame-o strat "feature" of de roofing a couple of buildings.... you just wasted your time.

Now u are probly correct funked.... I am pretty dense but if you are too dense to see that what you see on dar is seldom, if ever, what you will find after travling 1 or two sectors with this kind of bogus "strat" in place..... then i believe we have a "kettle calling the pot black" situation goin on here.
lazs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
AKcurly,
I think the changes in vehicle armor due in v1.07 will make Panzers pretty well immune to 20mm fire, regardless of the gun type.

I don't know if the Osti will be more vulnerable to 50s and German/Russian/Japanese 20mms, but I sure hope so.

I agree that these changes would make the F4U-1Cs/Typhoons/Spitfires less of a requirement for base capturing.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-