Author Topic: You get what you put in...  (Read 639 times)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
You get what you put in...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
Anyone willing to start a Big Brother Program?  

Drex

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »

Then where's my $30!

I expect it back in the form of a huge juicy steak at Big Buck, Natedog.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:

Then where's my $30!

I expect it back in the form of a huge juicy steak at Big Buck, Natedog.

Hell, I'd just take the situation I was in the first night prior to the Con, on Wednesday when about 15 of us went out to Pro Bass shop bar, I strategically placed myself between the only area the waitress had entrance to my end of the table, everytime she stretched over me to serve a cold beer to the FBD's behind me, I managed to elevate the table that much higher each time.  

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
  I agree with you all ,just recently i have felt the same as you all do abought all the complaining on 1 to me its getting worse.
 and even the BB i like to start posting replys but most arnt worth my time ..ie same old thing <<< im not no where as good as you old salts   but i do try  ..as for helping new guys i did that last nite ..i feel at least i can teach the basics ..or try to hehe
 I love this game i came from WB << now that is getting old for me ..just to cut it short
 you have my suport and ill do what i can to help out ..iv only squelched 1 person in here scents i started this game i guess thats good  ...<S> ALL WHO POSTED POSITVE HERE ...

PS I MIGHT EVEN GAINDED a new respect for animal ..he might not be as bad as ti thought  ...well see  

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
  I think most problems grow out of a misunderstanding of what the game is. The games most people are accustom to playing are set up to be as fair as possible, Baseball, basketball, etc.. We are playing at war. And the last thing anybody wants in a real war,  is a fair fight. That would cost lives.  I have often thought there should be a disclaimer on the front page of AH stating." This Game Will Not Be Fair". This would eliminate the outrage of a lot of newbie's.  Fairness is not possible for HTC. So why should they even bother to try.  If you have 2 guys in the same plane, with equal ability, the winner is going to be the one who's connection is working the best, for the game.  The disclaimer would prepare the newbie for the challenge to come. They would be more inclined to learn from how they "died" and less inclined to whine about it.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Good post HBlair.  It's sad when one of the first radio commands I was asking about was "Can/How do I kill the 'all' channel??"  Yet, coming from UO (Ultima Online for those who don't know) it's nothing new.  At least we don't see d3wD $p3@k all over the comm!!!  
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
It's interesting seeing the evolution of the community that goes along witht he evolution of the game.  I came in towards the end of Beta Tour 1 and I remember the days that when someone mouthed off or using foul language people would jump all over him.  I think that was just from the fact that the community was so small and close knit everyone knew each other.  Since then it's grown and with the influx of new people you're gonna get some bad ones.  But with them come some great ones too.  I agree hblair 100% maybe the good guys around here can help make this community a better one.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
I can say with certainty it's not the whiners that make this sim enjoyable.. it's the guys like Math, Kieren, Rip, WD, Ice, Midnight, Rollo, Woton, USArmy, Hblair, Udie, Santa, Berserker, Zigrat, Sling, Fatty, Animal, Rocket, Nexx, Nash, Ammo, Mighty1, Creamo, Funked, FDSki Yeager (Grommet?? LOL!) .. the list goes on and on and on..

These guys and a few hundred more like 'em make up this sim; set the tone.. The majority out there are QUALITY people.. The noisy 20 or thirty donutwoods with a tude are trash talkin over the fence and makin it SEEM like the arena is populated by dickheads. It ain't.

Please.. don't even respond to the idiots out there.. DON'T WASTE YER TIME TRYING TO TELL 'EM TO GO TA HELL. Acknowledging or responding to stupid chan 1 drivel is empowering the tards. Don't do it. Squelch 'em. The rest of us don't need to hear yer rebuttal.. we already said it to ourselves even before you started to type it... Move on; get more kills. Freeze the tards offa chan 1. Just don't answer 'em.

Remember.. "Engage the enemy. Not the keyboard".

Hang in there Hblair. <S!>

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Well said Hang!!!  Now get yer bellybutton outta that boat and back in the MA where ya belong dammit!!!  

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
   Hblair
    As a newbie myself i thank you for saying what you did in that post. It's nice to see that "We The Few , the Proud ,That suck" have a place here. I try to be nice and help anyone I can. Though that is very limited due to time in game. Hell I still get confused on the dang keyborad. I know very little about all the commands you can do to make things different in the game. I can read the help guide just as easy but , I'd rather play. Everytime I have asked a question I have gotten an answer. Not one time have I gotten flamed for asking or a smartass response. EVRYONE has helped. But I have seen this happen more than once. I have whinned a couple of times , not about getting shot down , cause I know it WAS my fault , but just frustrated at being killed by one plane when more were on his tail. That seems stupid but thats just me.
  The "Kiddie" sim I came from had it's share of problems as well. I also know that"Leading by example" works most of the time. I am a father also. Your post was right on target. Only thing I'm owed is from myself. Make myself better. AH or HTC owe me nadda...And I like to keep it that way. The olbies should take time to remeber though , they wernt born with there jotsticks in hand. I'm sure it took awhile before they discovered em.
 As a Ex-Golf Pro ,I understand the work involved to become good at something. Remember that we alllll were hackers at first....Later..Great Post and replies.

Jackal

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
First time in the arena, during the beta, my first kill was TOWD, I was in a P38 he was in a 109-something.

he treated me of HO dweeb/vulcher/POS, backed up by CavemanJ. (when I actually killed him stalling dead 6 at 700y when he was trying to complete a loop).

I recall thinking : "wow... this comunauty sucks". I was coming from AW3, and there it wasn't so much "u suck dweeb thing".

But time after time, I guessed I got used to it. CavemanJ is even someone I respect now. I think respect is the key word. You can be the best pilot ever, nobody will respect you if you are Ahole.

I care a lot about how courteous I am in the MA (and same for all the 56th pilots BTW). Sometimes when I got shot down I want to &^%$#@ the other guy but I refrain myself, I recall my "first kill".

Courtesie/chevalry leads to friendship and respect. Like I usually say :"no need to shot down someone to win a figth". How do I care if I have 1 more kill, I just made a happy man, and a friend.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »
Nice post hblair.

Salute

Sax

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2001, 12:10:00 AM »
What's owed to a player when he or she logs in is civil treatment and an equal opportunity to play.  

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
Good post Hblair!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2001, 05:47:00 AM »
Good Post, totally agree.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!