Author Topic: Like I was saying about the roaches...  (Read 143 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Like I was saying about the roaches...
« on: September 18, 2002, 03:06:11 PM »
There's too many GV spawns in the desert terrain.  It makes it too easy to sneak bases.  Hell today I snuck at least 4 of the 8 captures today by myself.  I dropped it and then returned with an M3.  Making the town 4X as big will still not solve that problem.

You want the Pizza to take a little longer capture...  Take out all the spawns.  While everyone is flying the war is being won by ground vehicles.  I wish it was possible to see how many captures are being done with M3's comparred to C47's.  I'd wager a bet that on the AKdesert terrain 80%, if not more, are being won with M3's.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 03:11:37 PM »
I believe the whole purpose of the Pizza terrain (correct me if I am wrong, Wabbit) is that land grabbers and furballers could live in the same terrain, in harmony.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 03:14:23 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I believe the whole purpose of the Pizza terrain (correct me if I am wrong, Wabbit) is that land grabbers and furballers could live in the same terrain, in harmony.

Geez, that's...that's beautiful.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 03:34:05 PM »
If HTC would perk the Osty for remote spawning the situation would be better...at the same time the effectiveness of the 75mm HE round against structures should be raised.

It kind of funny to me that we have a vehicle that was more of a phantom in WWII because of it's very low production numbers become so dominate in the MA. Seems to me that the Panzer should be the vehicle most seen in AH and not the Osty.

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 05:39:49 AM »
Then again, the Panzer kills Osties like flies :D

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 06:01:50 AM »
Dang Rip, you going soft on us?
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 07:27:24 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

I can understand wanting to have a balance between strat play and furballing; however, I don’t see the balance in the desert terrain.  With the terrain having as many GV spawns as it does makes an imbalance toward strategic play.

Let’s say every country has 50 players on at one time.  Out of that 50 it only requires 3 or 4 of them to be conscious towards base capture, in GV’s that is, and given the vast area of front lines available they can have too large an impact on moving lines.

Perking the Ostwind for far spawns might help but depending on cost I’m not sure that it will.  The whole catch to perks is the possibility of loosing them.  Rolling in on an undefended base away from the action isn’t going to do much to curtail the amount of “fear” someone would have in loosing their Osti perks.

Making the GV spawns one directional toward the beginning country lines might help.  Start everyone on one slice and have the spawn points fan out from a central point.  Captured basses couldn’t spawn GV’s to the next base but the defending country could spawn to the captured base?  Of course capturing the one field that starts the spawn would have a huge strategic impact.

The map could stay as it is with each section having all three countries but without having GV’s the war will take longer to win and attacks would be easier to respond to.  There are just too many of them.