Author Topic: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
"Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« on: September 20, 2002, 11:00:57 AM »
. . . .or are you just stupid?"  That's what he said. Yep, them very words floating out of my speakers.  

I re-upped for a new account and was trying out my new monitor.  Looked like the Rooks was sucking wind in the se corner of isles & trying to take back 17. So I up in a heavy 51D to help out. When I get to 17 the town's down and there's a little Napoleon shouting out orders on range channel, one of which is "Don't hit the base!!", since he obvious had visions of going for 18 and he'd need fighter capability. Well, I had these bombs, see, and there was still two FH up, so I figures, "What the hey, I'll just drop em on one!"  So I do. And little Napoleon (I didn't bother to look to see who it was talking) yells "Lager, I said don't hit the base!!!".  So I, of course, wing over and unload the rockets into the same hangar.  That's when he uttered the words with which I started this tome.  Now, as luck would have it I didn't have a mic connected so I had to settle for a wise comment on country channel. If I had vox I would have keyed up and given a really in-depth accounting of my hearing and mental accuity. About 5 minutes worth. I picked up a mic last night so, in future, any attempt to communicate with me the way the little Generallisimo did will bring sonic retribution.

In closing, let me say the most likely reason the Rooks have been outmanned so severely recently is probably that their Generals suck and have chased off the troops.

Lager/GronK

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 11:03:54 AM »
Rooks were my first team too - I had similar experiences.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 11:12:12 AM »
Funny... but I get the feeling both people in this story feel it was only the other that was acting like a tard.

AKDejaVu

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 11:24:27 AM »
arfann, i think what the 'little Napoleon ' wanted was to take 17's base without damage to launch an attack on 18 from 17,

but i wasn't there, i was defending 22 from 100's of bishords, they came low they came high, they came in bombers an fighters an jabo's, i killed an was killed, heck of a night
bish

44MAG

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 01:02:40 PM »
So why not tote'em over to the other base?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2002, 01:09:20 PM »
Heh heh the other day some dweeb spent the whole day badmouthing the Rooks (anyone who was there should recall who I mean), callung us as a team stupid, moronic, various more colorful terms, accusing us of being stupid scoremongers, you get the point.  Not just for a few minutes, he literally kept it up ALL DAY.

So eventually I decided to see how much of a "Team player" he really was by "helping him" with the planes he attacked.  It didn't take long fo him to show his true colors....after he ropes a Zeke and I blow it out of the air for him, he INSTANTLY starts badmouthing me (A true team player would have been happy that the con was dead regardless of who got the kill).  

Having shown his true colors to me, I decide to "help" him with a few more planes--and tell him exactly what I'm doing (deliberately trying to take his kills as retaliation for his being such a jerk).  It doesn't take long to get him pretty angry, and soon he's calling me pretty much every name under the sun and spamming me with check-6's and such.  Yeah it's a dirty job but someone had to do it.

Eventually I think he got the point and shut up, at which time I left him alone.  I haven't seen him ranting since  :)

J_A_B

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2002, 01:14:33 PM »
go team
Hornet

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2002, 01:28:16 PM »
If I bring ordinance to a field, I am gonna drop it.

I don't care about "your" war.  

The little napoleans are the absolute worst aspect of the GAME.

F.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2002, 01:35:37 PM »
The best one for me…  “Why do knights pork the fuel?”

If I even have the slightest doubt that the base capture isn’t going to happen, I’m porking the fuel and radar.

As for the napoleons out there, every country has them.  As a matter of fact, I ran into one yesterday with knights.  Kind of makes me wonder that if you’re spending your life online, maybe everyone else isn’t the problem.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2002, 01:42:17 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Funny... but I get the feeling both people in this story feel it was only the other that was acting like a tard.

AKDejaVu

Deja, you got an amazing grasp on the obvious.

44Mag: Obviously. But there were two FH's up. Only takes one.

J_A_B: So he called ya all jerks and you set out to prove it beyond a doubt? ;)

GronK/Lager

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2002, 01:44:04 PM »
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Let's say a squad, like mine decides to set up a mission to raid, and take a field, and leave the hangars and fuel standing, for use on the next mission.

You're telling me just because you have ord. on board, you're going to screw up what 20 other people are trying to achieve just for your own milisecond of entertainment.

What the hell happened to common courtesy? I mean, it's your money, do what you want, but try and be respectful of what others are trying to do.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2002, 02:04:38 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Let's say a squad, like mine decides to set up a mission to raid, and take a field, and leave the hangars and fuel standing, for use on the next mission.

You're telling me just because you have ord. on board, you're going to screw up what 20 other people are trying to achieve just for your own milisecond of entertainment.

What the hell happened to common courtesy? I mean, it's your money, do what you want, but try and be respectful of what others are trying to do.

1.  Amongst the tumult and shouting during the occasion I mentioned above it was made obvious that these folks had been at it for a couple of hours. Hardly an organized squad raid.

2. It only takes one fighter hangar to launch a continueing strike. There were 2 up.

3. Anyone who tries to launch an organized squad strike in the MaIn ArEnA is pi$$ing into the wind anyway, other than an unfun milk run on the pizza map.

4. What the hell happened to common courtesy? Do you request cooperation by shouting "Are you deaf, or just stupid?"

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2002, 02:22:26 PM »
If it explodes I'm going to shoot it.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2002, 02:32:07 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
If I bring ordinance to a field, I am gonna drop it.

The little napoleans are the absolute worst aspect of the GAME.

F.

It is a game? Damn it, why no one told me before :(

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2002, 02:36:01 PM »
If little Nap tells me not to drop.... I'm gonna listen carefully.

Then pork the crap outta the base, fly home, rearm and do it again.