Author Topic: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
"Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2002, 02:08:34 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
When I'm driving, I like to try and hit people.  It's MY car, and MY gas, therefore I should be able to do whatever I want to with MY driving time!

You're kidding right.  Oh what, are the AH police going to arrest me for porkage?  Is it a crime?  Is there a law about porkage that I don't know about?  Give me break.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2002, 06:11:39 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
You're kidding right.  Oh what, are the AH police going to arrest me for porkage?  Is it a crime?  Is there a law about porkage that I don't know about?  Give me break.

Grow up. Get your own conscience.

Law is designed so that evil things are forbidden. But this design goal has never been fully met in history. There's always something evil that is not officially forbidden, and something that is forbidden, but not evil.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2002, 06:38:49 PM »
There's bombs on my 110 I figure I haul em to the base might as well use em. So I can get on with the real job of controlling the spitfire population. So I'll hit a FH, if I see goon and hes close I ll hit bomber hangers. That little wannabe air marshal barking out orders on range can bite me. It aint like porking fuels close to capture which actually is rather annoying.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2002, 07:30:38 PM »
Ok, true confession, when I started playing, I occasionally tried to be "the 'lil general" because it seemed to me that the side that was most organized won the game and had the most fun. I learned the hard way, that as a Rook, down that path lies ridicule and frustration. Especially given that I am one of the worst pilots in the game and probably always will be.

I joined a squad however, and now I try to work with my squaddies, I ask the more experienced ones if and where I should drop my ord. We respect each other, and try to work together to achieve common goals, and in so doing we have more fun. when they aren't on, I just generally pick a base under attack and try to defend.

The team effort thing just doesn't seem to work much at the Rook country level, but within squads (and sometimes within missions) it can and will.

Just a word of advice, don't expect much cooperation at the country level and you won't be disappointed, relax and pretend its an arcade game in those moments.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2002, 07:31:43 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi

Grow up. Get your own conscience.

Bite me.  I have my on conscience, and somehow, when I look in the mirror after porking something I find I can somehow live with myself.  :rolleyes:

Law is designed so that evil things are forbidden. But this design goal has never been fully met in history. There's always something evil that is not officially forbidden, and something that is forbidden, but not evil.

Well porkage isn't forbidden as there isn't any mechanism to prevent.  We could assume that it is in fact part of the damn game.  So I guess you are saying that dropping some bombs in a video game is "EVIL"!!  LOL, sorry but I must do as my Lord Satan orders.  And he orders me to pork nit fields.

Heheh, off to do some more evil!  *waves* :D

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2002, 08:27:24 PM »
I ask the more experienced ones if and where I should drop my ord

I've been taught by the best the do's and don't's of going for the beer "run", the smoke "break" and most importantly how to exit for "nature" on a climbout and living..

Years of experience givin willingly...

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2002, 10:26:39 PM »
"put it this way, if we are taking a base and u pork the strats on it, then YOU better be prepaired to get ur donut in a supply goon
to resupply the base YOU porked. "

It seems that he said there were 2 hangers.1 down doesnt matter.2 down DOES since the vulchers cant get there freebie kills and jack up there noodlees...er I mean scores.If I have ord.Im gonna break something.And believe me.SOMEthing will break.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2002, 10:52:56 PM »
From the perspective of a goon pilot: the goon has a much lower probability of reaching it's goal if you leave any hangers up.  The CAP says it will protect the goon, but 90% of the time the nme attacker dies after the goon does.  In my experience the base captures that have the highest success rate are those that are coordinated, quick, apply overwhelming force, and take out all the hangers.  Trying to take a field while leaving the hangers up often leads to long, drawn out, and often futile, base capture attempts.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2002, 04:40:44 AM »
Once again.

Move the war away from the fields!

Territory usually was not captured by dropping troops on airfields. Also, fighting at airfields creates a very unequal fight which is less fun than it could be.

(remove the towns from the airfields and move the maproom onto the field. add vehicle fields between the airfields with LARGE towns with houses made of stones (so bombs are required), between the fields, forward spawnpoints 1 minute drive from the airfields, etc...)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2002, 05:24:17 AM »
It all depends on situation. I usually ask pilots to get all fh/bh/vh at field, while leaving fuel/ammo/troops up. It gives em the good target for their load and keeps field strat objects up. FH's down only 15 minutes; considering that goons usually lags behind the mission and that mission planes can defend field for some time after the capture even if FH's down, it is a good compromise.

It is very few people who will keep killing field if you politely ask to stop. The are people who will keep doing it though. After all, it is their money, their time, and their game, they can do whatever they want. But sometimes killing fuel or troops at field is like farting in an elevator, sure, you can do it, but do not expect you will get much of respect from other 20 people who is with you :)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2002, 05:35:29 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Why do people forget that THIER online time is shared by several hundred other people?  

When I'm driving, I like to try and hit people.  It's MY car, and MY gas, therefore I should be able to do whatever I want to with MY driving time!

Hehe, go ahead. Your insurance rates will skyrocket.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2002, 10:18:49 AM »
Originally posted by Samm
Afran why don't you tell us it was ?

I would if I knew. I didn't bother to look when he was talking.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2002, 06:51:59 PM »
It is a game? Damn it, why no one told me before

I know Fariz, that happened to me once.  I didn't believe it either.......:)

Offline bushdog

• Zinc Member
are you deaf......
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2002, 11:06:42 PM »
If you want to take a field, then take the field, hard and fast, no playing around.  If the initial attempt takes more than about fifteen minutes or more, there is a better than even chance that all will be for nothing.  Mind, that is on the edge of the timeframe, best results happen within five minutes.

We have all the tools at our disposal to get this job done, all that is needed is a modicum of forethought and planning, oh, and don't forget practice, practice and after that a trial run or two to get everyone in the mood.

As for the "Napoleons" out there, what you gonna do?  Whether they're brilliant or couldn't plan up a decent orgasm, talking to people in that way won't inspire me to rally to them.

I've screwed up lots here, dropped on wrong targets, blah, blah, and I usually die in flames, but nobody ever talked to me in that way, usually die laughing, get a beer and try again.  Hope it's just  "one of those days"

Bushdog
418 R.C.A.F. Hornets

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2002, 04:37:15 AM »
Personaly I prefer NOT to hit fuel ammo et all.I primarily target VH ack FH in that order.If the grab is getting out of hand and wont be taken anytime soon, I would rather take the hangers down.I will level fuel if a base is putting heat on one of ours,but to cripple yourself on fuel on a  base take isnt gonna help much.Then again Im not gonna chew someones bellybutton over it if they do kill it.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.