Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2002, 08:59:50 PM »
Waiting on my leaping to your suggestion to do what you did? No thanks. I know better.

Wait... I do get it now. You know that if you write a real review, and state anything specific, I'll rip it to shreds. Righto. And all I'll have to do is tell the truth- or expose the half-truths you are telling.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2002, 09:14:11 PM »
Let's call the lawyers, I'm sure they could do superb job at digging up even the microscopical faults from WWIIOL..  but would those REALLY ruin the game?

so erm.. let's get back on those real issues rather instead of sounding childish okey :>

or better yet, make a peace and let the people be who doesnt like and who likes the game.

Some people doesn't like it because;
it takes too long to get into action
some decisions by CRS aren't good
there are bugs which CRS hasn't fixed yet

and some people likes it because;
theres no other game which would even try to simulate the same
it's about real war to them
it's fun just because it's fun to them..

(..and whatever wasnt listed)

Nobody has changed their minds, people has obviously had good time wasting their time... (or are "you" going to imply "you" haven't liked posting and still have posted tens of times during the days?)

Thats all we've made achieved with 300+ posts.

Was it smart? no
Was it constructive? no
Was it objectively? no
Was it good? no
Was it BS? yes.

So, what are we still arguing?
Let's let others be with their thoughts and let people make up their own mind whether they like it or not.
No need to convince them it's the best or worst game of the year.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2002, 09:14:21 PM »
You really want to start this over..Ok..I will probably have a complete one in a week or two. It will probably be quite long and involved. At least when you try to rip it to shreds in your mind, you will actually have to work at it. Perhaps get an account for a month. Wonder how you will review the graphic engine and Bofor etc.

you played the last welcome back.didnt you? I will find out when that was..I suspect your info might be a little dated but you will find a way.

How large a post can this bbs handle?

Do remember, you invited me to do a ww2ol review in AH O Club Forum.

hardcase
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 09:20:51 PM by hardcase »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2002, 09:26:15 PM »
Actually, I can defeat the edited tags if I want to. Press the delete key multiple times, then backspace over the last character. Type it again, and hit the delete key a couple more times.

No mo' "edited..." tags when the message has been edited.

However, if you want to accuse me of removing content of accusing you or Hardcase of something.. you can by all means do that.

But that's one thing I don't do, if it is directed at someone, I leave it.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2002, 09:46:53 PM »
You don't have to look... I played under a paid account, "Kieren" during June and July. It was the version you are playing today. Sorry, the standard, "You must be playing an old version" routine won't work. Next?

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2002, 09:53:51 PM »
The one I am playing now will be out of date in a week. I will be reviewing. Some interview with the rats, a first iteration beta tester insights, a complete  review from purchasing, install, setup, Air, Ground and some short review of sea. A look at the old and the new vehicles. The background strategy that is evolving. Missions, Rank, Squads. Damage model, perhaps a few damage logs from beta. Physics, my degree btw, Gunnery, etc.I think I can make quite a good review. Everyone word will be the truth as far as I can know.

I hope a balanced indepth substantial reveiw.

hardcase

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2002, 10:00:22 PM »
Fishu-

Once and for all, and for the sake of sanity, understand what it is about you and Hardcase that has people pissed here... you refuse to let anyone say they dislike the game. Period. You refuse to let them hold an opinion that is negative about that game. Period. You refuse to let them express themselves clearly and without comparing to anything else but that game. Period. You call to question their bias, intelligence, and attention span whenever they express dislike. Period.

Are you getting it now?

What's going to be fun about HC's review is that he will get to see exactly how he's treated others.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2002, 10:05:38 PM »
I'm sorry, attacking it wont be easy. You need blind opinion. Why would I write an opininated review? It will be quite accurate and detailed. Warts and all. For all of AH to see.

hardcase

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2002, 10:21:10 PM »
A more accurate review would say, "Never in the history of gaming, not even Derek Smart and 'Battlecruiser' A.D., has such a corrupt, unsuitable, and totally inadequately prepared piece of software been illicitly offered up as 'ready for consumption'."

Erm, go try Battlecruiser Millenium, the product that was REALLY released by 3000AD (the company). 3000AD.com even released BC3K v2.09 (game title finished and trimmed outta bugs) for FREE after the company got the rights to their own game back from the publisher (Take2).

The original Battlecruiser game, was released UNFINISHED and without the consent of the developer by Take2 (a now already bankrupt company, thank yawsh!).

Now we compare that to WW2OL,

WW2OL was released unfinished, is still unfinished and even still is advertised AS a working title. Still up to today.

But there's no quality control in software releases, just look at what Microsoft gets away with. Half-assed companies like CRS just hop onto the caravan and help pull the carts. Who'se to tell them what they're doing is illegal? If we were to pass a box of WW2OL as it was released originally and compare it to what is advertised on it.. its a blatant case of false advertising...and as far as I know thats punishable by law. Its the same thing if someone were to pick up a few tablets of Rat Poison in the local supermarket and consumed them because the label read it was headache medicine.

I submitted a complaint to the Better Bussiness Beaurou (or however you spell that..damn French! ;) ) a week after I bought WW2OL and found I could not return it or get my money back for such piece of garbage. Was the only thing I could do against those con artists.

For kicks, go pull a report of CRS on the BBB. It advises (or did back when i went through all this) not to do bussiness with them.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2002, 10:37:31 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
A more accurate review would say, "Never in the history of gaming, not even Derek Smart and 'Battlecruiser' A.D., has such a corrupt, unsuitable, and totally inadequately prepared piece of software been illicitly offered up as 'ready for consumption'."

Erm, go try Battlecruiser Millenium, the product that was REALLY released by 3000AD (the company). 3000AD.com even released BC3K v2.09 (game title finished and trimmed outta bugs) for FREE after the company got the rights to their own game back from the publisher (Take2).

The original Battlecruiser game, was released UNFINISHED and without the consent of the developer by Take2 (a now already bankrupt company, thank yawsh!).

Now we compare that to WW2OL,

WW2OL was released unfinished, is still unfinished and even still is advertised AS a working title. Still up to today.

But there's no quality control in software releases, just look at what Microsoft gets away with. Half-assed companies like CRS just hop onto the caravan and help pull the carts. Who'se to tell them what they're doing is illegal? If we were to pass a box of WW2OL as it was released originally and compare it to what is advertised on it.. its a blatant case of false advertising...and as far as I know thats punishable by law. Its the same thing if someone were to pick up a few tablets of Rat Poison in the local supermarket and consumed them because the label read it was headache medicine.

I submitted a complaint to the Better Bussiness Beaurou (or however you spell that..damn French! ;) ) a week after I bought WW2OL and found I could not return it or get my money back for such piece of garbage. Was the only thing I could do against those con artists.

For kicks, go pull a report of CRS on the BBB. It advises (or did back when i went through all this) not to do bussiness with them.

Tac, Why don't you quit sugarcoating your review? All we want to know is if you liked the game or not. Sheeesh.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2002, 10:45:57 PM »
You can supply any opinion you want.  I will let AH read my review. Con artiist could well be libellous since it will impinge on someone's ability to conduct business. You if I were a rat, I would take one of  the persons who post beyond legal bounds and nail em to the wall.. just a thought. Cant wait to see all those reviewing skills in action.

hardcase

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2002, 10:51:52 PM »
First of all, there are no legal bounds for any of us to post about WW2Ol.

Second of all, any legal proceedings would be nullified by offering up evidence that the product released on the CD does not match the product advertised, on the box nor currently.

So, if they wanna take legal course against anyone... they can go right on ahead, and find themselves in a world of hurt.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2002, 11:00:37 PM »
I'm sorry, attacking it wont be easy. You need blind opinion. Why would I write an opininated review? It will be quite accurate and detailed. Warts and all. For all of AH to see.

On the contrary, attacking your opinion will be simplicity itself. All I need do is deny, minimize, and deflect. It will be a Hardcasesque application in the classic sense. See, if I play by your rules, reasoning and truth don't have a great deal of anything to do with it. Deny I know anything about what I don't want to address, minimalize the things you can prove, distract against points that you make that make sense. Easy as pie- as you should know.

Why would I write an opininated review?

That you could even say this with a straight face says loads, doesn't it? ;)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2002, 11:01:46 PM »
Perhaps you should read the disclaimer on the box:-) But we digress. Wonder how many I will reach?
I couldn't have done so in good etiquette to post one here before the invitation. I will write one and you guys will try to find a flaw to attack. We should have some good threads about ww2ol in AH.

hardcase

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2002, 11:01:54 PM »
Originally posted by hardcase
You can supply any opinion you want.  I will let AH read my review. Con artiist could well be libellous since it will impinge on someone's ability to conduct business. You if I were a rat, I would take one of  the persons who post beyond legal bounds and nail em to the wall.. just a thought. Cant wait to see all those reviewing skills in action.

hardcase

Hardcase, if you need a good attorney with experience in deflamation of character over the internet lawsuits then ask Voss for a recomendation. He's currently suing half the people here.

Splash splash Kieran:)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 11:04:31 PM by Elfenwolf »