Author Topic: Attack of the Lizards  (Read 559 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2002, 01:43:03 PM »
I bet the kittens are happy.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2002, 01:43:51 PM »
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What really struck me about this story is that there's no mention of whether they kept alligators as part of the exhibit, or if the gator just happened to sneak in without being seen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you miss the part where they said the other garden employees call this Gator MOJO?
;)
box
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2002, 01:44:07 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

It's true.  An alligator, of the geneus Pnupoissonus, is (as the name implies) a type of air breathing fish.

Thanks Thrawn...spoken like a true tight sphinctered science dude.:D
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2002, 01:55:04 PM »
Hey, I never said it wasn't funny- I just said that Don Goodman isn't laughing.

This reminds me of the time I was about 9 yrs old and myself and several cousins and friends were having sword fights with wooden surveyors' stakes.

My Aunt told us we wouldn't be laughing and having fun if one of us got our eye poked out. My response- "Nah, Aunt Jane, the only one who wouldn't laugh is the one who gets his eye poked out. The rest of us would laugh even harder!"- got me spanked with a surveyors' stake- while everyone laughed at me.

Excuse me while I call my therapist...You know, these bbs are getting depressing.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2002, 01:57:48 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
Hey, I never said it wasn't funny- I just said that Don Goodman isn't laughing.

This reminds me of the time I was about 9 yrs old and myself and several cousins and friends were having sword fights with wooden surveyors' stakes.

My Aunt told us we wouldn't be laughing and having fun if one of us got our eye poked out. My response- "Nah, Aunt Jane, the only one who wouldn't laugh is the one who gets his eye poked out. The rest of us would laugh even harder!"- got me spanked with a surveyors' stake- while everyone laughed at me.

Excuse me while I call my therapist...You know, these bbs are getting depressing.

SPARE THE ROD!
Spoil the elf.

So this is when all your touchy feely tree hugging emotions sparked?

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 02:08:09 PM »
Please, let's have a moment of posting silence for Mojo, the poor Gator whose only crimes were being hungry and nearsighted.
(bowing head)

(raising head)
We need a Government commission to determine the fesability of fitting alligators with contact lenses so attacks against humans might be avoided in the future. I am calling Diane Feinstein and Barbera Boxer right now.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2002, 02:34:23 PM »
i'm not sure it's a matter of eyesight, i do think that gators need sensitivity training, they need to respect humans more an stop trying to eat us and our little dogs.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 02:40:20 PM »

It's true.  An alligator, of the geneus Pnupoissonus, is (as the name implies) a type of air breathing fish.

WHAT!???

and no one called him on this? Sheeesh!

The genus of the American Alligator is ...... Alligator
It is a reptile and is closely related to the other crocodilians:

Order Crocodylia
Family Alligatoridae
Genus Alligator
Species Mississipensis

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 02:54:01 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
The genus of the American Alligator is ...... Alligator
It is a reptile and is closely related to the other crocodilians:

Order Crocodylia
Family Alligatoridae
Genus Alligator
Species Mississipensis

LOL Great troll!  But who the hell is going to believe in something called " MississiPENSIS"

Mississihotteensexis might have worked better.  Crocodillian indeed.  More like Cockodilian.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 03:00:49 PM »
You're right.... its too much to believe. What was I thinking?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2002, 05:38:25 PM »
I didn't know Alligators preferred beef, or that humans smell like beef for that matter.

maybe Don needed a little reminder to use soap.

Originally posted by Animal
Alligators dont "mistake" their food like sharks and other predators.

If they see something moving and it smells of beef, they will attack it and dont care if its human or not.

I learned this on Discovery Channel :)
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2002, 06:09:35 PM »
I bet the kittens are happy.

nah they're all dead,  God killed them while Swoop was surfing sheep fetish sites. :D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Some additional info from another story about it
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2002, 08:46:54 AM »
He was weeding a lily pond on Monday, standing in about 4 feet of water, when he apparently stepped on the 392-pound male alligator, Capt. Roy Brown of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said.

"He did recall that the alligator obviously grabbed his arm, there was a twisting type action," the doctor said.

The alligator was a wild alligator that lived at a nearby pond and occasionally wandered into the lily pond at the botanical garden, where workers called it Mo-Jo.

Goodman told wildlife officials he did not see the alligator until it attacked.

They said the alligator might have mistaken Goodman's splashing the pond for that of a duck or wading bird, their natural prey. Because it was used to being around people, it had probably lost its natural fear of humans, Brown said.

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2002, 09:04:15 AM »
The man stepped on an 11 foot alligator on the bottom of a pond in four feet of water.  The gator ripped his arm off.  And someone suggests that the gator mistook the man for a duck?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!  Oh My!  Stop it guys!  You're killin me!

City folk!

Snickeringly, Shuckins ;)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Attack of the Lizards
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2002, 09:20:37 AM »
I read where there was a gator attack in Knoxville, TN this past weekend. Apparently taking a plug out of a Mr. Fulmer's rear end. Can anyone confirm this?