Author Topic: AH getting boring as hell !  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2002, 02:24:39 AM »
I think I actually "devolved" then... I used to care about bombing stuff and trying to run around in GVs.  Now I just want to fight, and the sooner the better.  Of course, sometimes you can vulch an airfield in a Panzer, that was fun too.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2002, 07:39:50 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
And that's all that matters to you guys, isn't it? I wait to hear how this is to be dismissed as "irrelevant", or maybe "dweebish

I don't consider it dweebish OR irrelevant. The Main as it stands allows you to do what you enjoy. Hell if you enjoy it that's wonderful.

The added bonus is that the Main as it stands allows me to do what I enjoy.

So we have this Arena where folks of different persuasions can have alot of fun doing what THEY enjoy.

That is the benifit of a well designed Main arena. Sure I got my squeakes, everyone does. But for the most part all of us different minded folks can get under the roof and have fun.

I take suggestions on restricting or changing the arena as it stands to favor this, or restrict that, as a threat to what makes this little engine go.

This engine runs quite well...pizza has some issues. If I see alot of "I just log off" my antenna goes up.

I don't want to see what you enjoy taken away. Why do you want me to lose what I enjoy ??

Thats the difference as I see it.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2002, 09:30:25 PM »
I don't get it.

We HAVE an RPS. It's called the CT. Not many fly it. So yeah... Let's turn the MA into a CT and have two of them. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of how some WBer's wanted to shut down one of the more popular arenas there for a day to create some kinda critical mass in one of the unpopular arenas. To force them into something they obviously didn't like. Didn't choose, didn't want.

But this doesn't seem to register. The argument goes:

"Oh if there were only more people there, more people would fly it. People go where people are. And the only reason that there aren't more people there is because there aren't more people to fight against."

No. The reason people aren't there (duh) is because they're choosing something else. And that aint the CT. It aint an RPS.

Guys get bored of flyin' ALL THE TIME. For all kinds of reasons. Been there myself and took a few months off here, a month off there... Just happens. Totally natural. (though I recognized it for what it was and didn't feel the urge to yelp about it on the BBS... sometimes ya just need a break ).

Don't turn one guy's boredom into a cause for an RPS 'cause that don't wash. The only *real* indication of a desire for an RPS is if the CT was packed. It aint. There's nothing to illustrate the case better.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2002, 09:35:37 PM by Nash »

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2002, 10:13:17 PM »
You nailed it Nash.

And it didn't take the book I tend to disgourge..

;)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2002, 10:41:18 PM »
I find it funny, with all the missions HArtmann flew, he never capped an LA-7... seems to me with his experience and time they were not that relevant....

PERK THE LA-7
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2002, 10:50:36 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I find it funny, with all the missions HArtmann flew, he never capped an LA-7... seems to me with his experience and time they were not that relevant....

PERK THE LA-7

maybe he just couldn't catch one?

:eek:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2002, 01:47:06 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi

PERK THE LA-7

Why perk one of the easiest planes to shoot down when its not running?  Now watch, someone's going to whine about perking the N1K2 ;)

ack-ack

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Clearing up a few misunderstandings.
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2002, 05:18:35 AM »
Poopie - I sensed things were getting overheated here, and I'm determined not to fall out with you, so sent you a brief email.

A few small points:
  • Not trying to force an RPS in this arena. The Main should remain unchanged in that respect, if that's what people want. A simple poll should confirm - one of those ones that HTC has pop up at log on.
  • RPS was just one suggestion as a means of tackling the Tiff/La7/N1K gangbangery.
  • The CT: Don't read too much into its attendance figures. That would be like giving serious credence to the recent ballot in Iraq. I don't think the CT is empty because it's a bad place or a bad idea. It's just that having multiple arenas never seems to work.
  • Poop, not trying to take away what you enjoy. Is it OK to look at ways of overcoming some of the traits that many of us do not enjoy?
Yep, I have my fun in AH too. It's not the same as what you do, but I notice we both fly the F4U-1D a lot. I always loved that plane, even in WB. Especially carrier ops. For me, getting kills is just something that happens along the way to field capture. For you, it's your raison d'être. Nothing wrong with that. But what I find unacceptable is the name calling that occurs when one person's style of play does not accord with that of another player. Some people lash out like cornered animals, and there's no need for that.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2002, 08:01:02 AM »
"Some people lash out like cornered animals, and there's no need for that."

I think your being a little hard on yourself beetle.
lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2002, 09:24:26 AM »
lazs - nice punt!  :D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2002, 09:59:57 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-

I have to say im also getting really fed up with La7s,spits,niks etc

So did I.  That's why I fly the FW190A8 now.  It solved the Spitfire/N1K2/LA-7 population problem for me. :)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2002, 10:02:29 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

Kinda reminds me of how some WBer's wanted to shut down one of the more popular arenas there for a day to create some kinda critical mass in one of the unpopular arenas. To force them into something they obviously didn't like. Didn't choose, didn't want.

That's why the AK's unleashed the Mercedez Benz Pizza Map on us. :eek:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2002, 10:08:47 AM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
I can really understand some people facing AH the back cause the MA is just a big gang bang arena full of La7n1kspit hordes.
On all sides.
Really thinking about cancellig my subscription.
Its getting more boring then counter strike and that is alot.

Yes this is a big whine.

No, its not a big whine - well, it became one when everybody else joined in some sort of character war.

Anyway, if you're bored with the LA-7, N1k2, and Spitfire fighting, try flying something with bigger guns, like the FW190, P-47, Me-110, or Me-109 with the 20mm gun gondolas.  Or go to ground and try a Panzer assault or LVT amphibious invasion.  Blow some stuff up, have some fun.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2002, 10:21:52 AM »
I was semi-bored.   I took up a different plane and furballed.   I was so bored with it that I used all my free time last night doing it.  :D

Seriously, do something different in the game.  For me, it was taking the Yak-9T for a spin and laughing every time I saw one hit sprite and the bandit go BOOOOM!  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2002, 10:36:42 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster

So did I.  That's why I fly the FW190A8 now.  It solved the Spitfire/N1K2/LA-7 population problem for me. :)

Like a lot of things this "problem" is actually just a matter of perception.  Guys that fly those planes generally have extremely poor ACM habits (even worse than mine if you can imagine such a thing) and often die very shortly after the merge.  This nicely recharges the ol' perk bank, god luv em :)