Author Topic: Time for ANTI-GUN people to put their money where their mouth is!  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
If you TRUELY believe in your rhetoric, then its time you put one of these signs in your front yard!

And place this bumper sticker on your car...STAND UP FOR YOUR BELIEFS (I dare ya! :) )

(Thks to Raww from AGW for these pics!)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Time for ANTI-GUN people to put their money where their mouth is!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 11:42:04 AM »
Rip...I'm not "anti-gun" per se..hell, I love shooting the things.  But, since the Con..and this recent sniper event...I find myself shaking my head at the gun fanatics (NRA etc) in your country.

I say "since the Con"...because when we went to the gun-range that day I was absolutely astounded at the sheer number and variety of weapons that anyone over the age of 18 (or whatever the rules are) can buy.  I remember one wicked looking rifle...all black..which had a scope on it.  I saw it and thought to myself, "whoa...that looks cool...bet it is expensive".  It was $199.99..on sale.  Logically any unbalanced individual, who doesn't have a crimminal record, could buy one...load it up in the parking lot and start "a-killin".  That just simply frightens me.  

The fact that gun-ownership is a right...and is entrenched in your constitution, seems ludicrous to me.  That document was drafted right after a war...in the days in which there was very little in the way of any organised police-force..in a time when personal protection really did necessitate the owning of a gun.

I'm not so sure this is the case anymore.

That being said...I don't own any shares in Smith & Wesson, Remmington...or any gun manufacturer...if I did I would probably feel differently.

;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 12:24:00 PM »
Logically any unbalanced individual, who doesn't have a crimminal record, could buy one...load it up in the parking lot and start "a-killin". That just simply frightens me.

I think I know who is paranoid, and frightened for no cause.

Are you going to buy a gun and kill everyone?

Wait, that's POSSIBLE.

Arrest Curval before he kills unarmed people. (I own guns, avoid my house you crazed psycho)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 12:28:38 PM »
If those three nursing professors at the University of Arizona had been armed, they'd probably be alive today.  Their foolish decision to go to their classrooms unarmed cost them their lives.  Think about that, when you send your kids to school tomorrow morning.  You might want to put more than a peanut butter sandwich in their lunch boxes.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 12:38:21 PM »
Originally posted by popeye
If those three nursing professors at the University of Arizona had been armed, they'd probably be alive today.  

True.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 12:42:22 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo

Are you going to buy a gun and kill everyone?

No..but less than three months after having that experience at the Con two guys decided to start doing so in Washington.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 12:43:52 PM »
Originally posted by popeye
If those three nursing professors at the University of Arizona had been armed, they'd probably be alive today.  Their foolish decision to go to their classrooms unarmed cost them their lives.  Think about that, when you send your kids to school tomorrow morning.  You might want to put more than a peanut butter sandwich in their lunch boxes.

Maybe if they had the weapon holstered at their side. Otherwise, I'm betting the gunman would have got to them before they reached for the purse.

Go ahead and pack something extra in your kid's school lunch box. I'll bet you'll get a call from the school. Then, a call from the police department. Then, you'll be looking for another school if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, you'll have a nice visitation schedule while your kid does time.

That is... unless the unbalanced, hormonal, immature little twit manages to kill someone. Then, you can rent out his room.
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Curval
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2002, 12:45:08 PM »
You can not blame the gun for the actions of those two.

If they could not get a gun I am sure they could have done the same amount or more damage with small bombs.

It is not like they are hard to make, you can get books that show you how from all over the place including army surplus stores. Hell the army put it out as a Manual about improvised weapons.

People doing crazy things, ain't going to be stoped with no guns.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2002, 12:47:59 PM »
If someone had a sitcker like that on their car in Texas, three men in 10 gallon hats would show up at their car door and issue them a pistol so they comply with state law. :D

But see...if that happened in school...we all know that the parents of this screwed up child wouldn't be blamed. Games like GTA or Counter-Strike would be...cause we all know it's not the poor little child's fault...

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2002, 12:53:31 PM »
that day I was absolutely astounded at the sheer number and variety of weapons that anyone over the age of 18 (or whatever the rules are) can buy. I remember one wicked looking rifle...all black..which had a scope on it.

Man, you think that's something, here in the USA we have something alot more deadly, it kills a whole lot more than all the guns together.  Funny thing is, not many complain, not enough rise up in horror at the grim statistics.  Over 1000 people will die in the USA today from this instrument of destruction.  Where oh where is the outcry?

This rampant killer is cigarettes.  Yup, every day, over 1000 people will die from smoking and yet, some people actually waste time worrying about such an small part (guns) of the problem of unnatural deaths.

Prioritize I say, go after the real killer of our countrymen.  

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2002, 12:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dago

This rampant killer is cigarettes.  Yup, every day, over 1000 people will die from smoking and yet, some people actually waste time worrying about such an small part (guns) of the problem of unnatural deaths.

Prioritize I say, go after the real killer of our countrymen.  

dago

Oh come now... we all know that illegal drugs are more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. After all... if marijuana wasn't so bad for you, it would be legal too.
sand

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Re: Curval
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2002, 01:08:39 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
You can not blame the gun for the actions of those two.

You're right...the poor gun.
:rolleyes:
Dude..that gun was made for one purpose..to kill.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2002, 01:14:15 PM »
"If they could not get a gun I am sure they could have done the same amount or more damage with small bombs."

lol

what else floats?

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Curval
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2002, 01:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Dude..that gun was made for one purpose..to kill.

So are knives... BAN KITCHEN UTENSILS!
-SW

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2002, 01:16:11 PM »
You are 5 to 10 times more likely to be injured in a hit and run accident then by a firearm.

A registered licensed vehicle with a licensed driver.