Author Topic: I'm liking Russia more and more  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
For Funked, Staga (and Boroda, of course)
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2002, 07:31:14 AM »
Human Rights Watch: Suicide bombers guilty of war crimes

"The people who carry out suicide bombings are not martyrs, they're war criminals, and so are the people who help plan such attacks," said Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I'm liking Russia more and more
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2002, 10:13:59 AM »
What about Chechens dying in occupied Chechnya every day ? Are they burried at all ?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2002, 10:19:18 AM »
Why doesn't Russia just let them separate?  Have a referendum.  If the Chechnyans want to separate, make them take their share of the national debt, by population.  And charge them for any of Russia's fixed assets within Chechnya.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2002, 11:05:16 AM »
How Bacon Bits saved the world

The scene: A small windowless room deep inside the Kremlin. The bare light bulb casts shadows across the blood stained stone walls as two KGB agents, Demetri and Sergi, continue their "interrorigation" of captured Chechian terrorist Abdul.

Sergi: Talk, Abdul!! You have been holding out for two days!! Tell us what we need to know!! Who are your contacts?

Abdul: Allah Alkbar!! Keep beating me and I am closer to my reward of 72 virgins!!

Demetri: (raises rubber hose, starts beating Abdul)

Abdul: (singing Chechian patriotic songs in rhythm to his beating) Oh yes!! 72 virgins!! I can't wait!!

Sergi: Stop, Demetri- torture will not work. Perhaps what our comrades in the CIA have supplied to us will make Abdul change his mind...(removes small jar from his pocket, shakes it menacingly at Abdul) Do you know what this is, Abdul??

Abdul: (ignoring Sergi, singing about his 72 virgins) Soon I will be with all of youuuuuuuuUUUUUUU!!

Sergi: This is a top secret torture agent used in Guantamino Bay, Abdul- the CIA calls this "Bacon Bits."

Abdul: (suddenly still, looking suspiciouly at the small jar in Sergi's hand) What is this...bacon bits??

Sergi: (waving jar under Abdul's nose) Smell this Abdul...It is PORK!!

Abdul: Aieeee!!! ALLAH PROTECT ME!!!

Sergi: (sprinkling Bacon Bits in Abdul's lap) Do you think your 72 virgins will want you NOW??

Abdul: Aieee!!! Please stop!! I have sacrificed on the battlefield for all these years with only the promised 72 virgins as my reward!! I will talk!! I am sorry!! Please do not defile my donut!!!

...And so Abdul talks, all the other terrorists go back to their goat herding and rug making as dreams of their 72 virgins evoperate...
they know now their reward will be on Earth and if they milk enough goats or hook enough rugs they may some day come to America. We may not have 72 virgins, but most of the women here don't care if your donut smells like Bacon Bits, either.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2002, 11:27:09 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Calling Boroda.. come in Boroda... Boroda come in!

Boroda, obviously there's some other folks besides myself that haven't had the benefit of your enlightened history books.

Please straighten these guys out, much as you've tried to help poor misinformed old me.

I mean, there's guys in here that actually think Russia was unkind to the Chechens! Can you believe that????????

Toad, Eagler already asked you to pick side.

Also, please decide, do you accuse me of being too cruel towards Chechens of of saying we Russians are "kind" to Chechens. You are not a friend of logics, it's up to you, but, frankly speaking, it starts to annoy me.

To Eagler: if you pick this side, then you are on the same side with Serbs and Macedonians.

Regarding the Moskovsky Komsomolets article about pigskins: MK is a bright-yellow leaflet, famous for incompetence and falsifications. Don't take them seriously, i'm 90% sure it's only figment of their sick imagination.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2002, 11:49:25 AM »
but most of the women here don't care if your donut smells like Bacon Bits, either.

ROFL.... a classic.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2002, 12:22:30 PM »
Boroda,

It's basically impossible to have any sort of intelligent discussion with someone who relishes his total disregard of historical fact. Katyn Forest being a prime example.

However, in case I haven't been clear:

I am totally opposed to the terrorists and terrorist acts like the occupation of the Moscow Theater.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2002, 12:31:41 PM »
Isn't it interesting, Toad, that Boroda's typical disregard for historical fact always revolves around some character assassination of the person or publication involved?  It's always about someone who is insanely misguided, a turncoat scumbag, an outright purveyor of lies, and more.

I've seen such tactics before when I studied Stalinism from my hopelessly pro-Western propoganda textbooks.  Discredit the idea by attacking the individual as unpatriotic, evil, or otherwise out to undermine things.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2002, 01:02:59 PM »
so toad you're saying that your fellows from the history channel show represent that generation more than my folks did? more than the people who did uphold those high morals did? were people formt he 40's really rotten and vindictive is that the impression i should have? i know you HAVE to have the last word but i don't agree with that POV at all.

are you saying that they didn't have a higher moral standard? are you saying that they weren't expected to act more respectfully than people are today? did kids in that generation smart off to adults and teachers as a rule? did they pack  lead to schools and walk around with their pants half down saying squeak this and ho that right in front of adults?

well they do today- i think it is safe to say it's changed a little and that the change is a direct result of a degradation of morals and a wholesale sellout of our guiding ideals or do you have some discovery channel education or google link that can disprove that personal anecdotally derived theory too?

i'm not the least bit 'misinformed' about that generation, i'm just not going to judge them on the acts of a few-rather by the norms of the many.

most people from the 60's WEREN'T hippies either, for the most part they normal joes and janes that may have let their hair grow out and wore bell bottoms but i doubt many of the people you know from that period were finding their chakras at some commune and i'm not going to let a show about woodstock form my opinion about them. (i certainly wouldn't site it in an argument either lol)

how is calling people 'patriots' deviating from the course? ra suggested that burying people in pigskins is a super cool thing-> the great masses jumped right on the bandwagon pitchforks at breast as usual-> i think it's out of line with our ideals and further that it's unpatriotic to want decent americans allied with those disgusting russians in these acts. straight on point.

"buh-bye" seems a little on the "neener-neener" childish side but then so does burying people you find contemptuous in pigskins.

there's a lot of people i personally wouldn't mind perishing from the earth because i think they make things bad for all of us - terrorists included -  but defiling their graves?

wake up and listen to yourselves americans. we are supposed to have a little class and be a world leader not just in power but as a moral leader as well- it's hard to look like the 'good guy' pissing on someone's grave, regardless whose grave it is.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2002, 01:08:10 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Why doesn't Russia just let them separate?  Have a referendum.  If the Chechnyans want to separate, make them take their share of the national debt, by population.  And charge them for any of Russia's fixed assets within Chechnya.

would you guys in Canada let Alberta go if they decided to say screw Ottawa on the Kyoto agreement?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2002, 01:42:27 PM »
A canadian telling russians how to deal with sepratists is the biggest joke I have heard in a while..
Hey Putin..let em take over your goverment and steal the tax dollars of the rest of your country for thier own use. Establish laws that entrench thier "special" needs!

5 western canadian farmers are in jail today for trying to sell thier product to someone other then the canadain wheat board. In the east..selling through the wheat board is optional...

When Alberta goes. British Columbia and Sasckatchawan will likey go with it.  And it wont be about Kyoto.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2002, 01:52:19 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher

would you guys in Canada let Alberta go if they decided to say screw Ottawa on the Kyoto agreement?

Sure.

If they don't want to be a part of Canada then so be it.

Pongo, thanks for putting words into my mouth.  And before you start shooting yours off about the wheat boards, why don't read what an actual western whear farmer has to say about it.

"Ok folks, before you believe everything that you read....

I'm a grain farmer in Manitoba. I grow roughly a third of my acres to wheat. I fully, and I mean FULLY, support the wheat board. The wheat board price pool is a way of spreading the highs and lows of each sale to each customer to each and every wheat grower in Western Canada.

As was noted by Magnet, the initial price for wheat is roughly 3.50 Can$/ bushel. What the news reports don't state, is that if the wheat had been sold THRU the Wheat Board, the farmer can expect to see about $6.00/ bushel after freight, once the pools are totalled up at the end of the crop year. Each and every sale of wheat to China, US, or wherever the stuff gets sold is put in the pool, and farmers who grew and sold wheat in that crop year get remunerated based on how many tonnes of what grade and protein level that farmer sold. Its fair as hell. The farmers that live 800 miles from the border get the same shot as the farmers that live 20 miles from the border. 6.00 isn't as much as 8.00, BUT 6 bucks for every kernel he grows is probably better than getting 8.00 for a few loads of wheat and then getting 4.00 for the rest because the niche market filled up. I've seen this more times than I can count in 20 years of growing other crops not sold under the wheat board system."

The rest of his post can be found here.

http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12546

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2002, 02:37:10 PM »
What did you expect from Putin?  Here's a man who thinks that Stalin, who murdered more than 20 million of his own people, was a great hero.

But two wrongs do not make a right.  Neither side is wearing a white hat.

Shuckins

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2002, 02:47:59 PM »
I was going to respond to this post until I found out that you shoot chutes and more, because of that I know that you cannot make any sense or have any valid points.

and if you disagree with me,  you are insanely misguided, or otherwise out.

Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Isn't it interesting, Toad, that Boroda's typical disregard for historical fact always revolves around some character assassination of the person or publication involved?  It's always about someone who is insanely misguided, a turncoat scumbag, an outright purveyor of lies, and more.

I've seen such tactics before when I studied Stalinism from my hopelessly pro-Western propoganda textbooks.  Discredit the idea by attacking the individual as unpatriotic, evil, or otherwise out to undermine things.

-- Todd/Leviathn
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2002, 03:04:08 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish
my grandpa's generation with their manners in school, yes sir-yes ma'ams, brill cream hair and pressed shirts sure wouldn't have gone there. they would have thought the chechans were acting like animals - they wouldn't have followed suit though.

There's what you said.

That's a generalization that absolutely does not hold. All you have to do is read the history books.

Some of your Grandpa's US generation did commit atrocities. Some of them "went there" contrary to your idealized generalization. And if you actually do much research, you'll find it wasn't just a "few" either. In particular, talk to Marine veterans of the Pacific Campaign and find out how the war was actually fought out there. Most of them make no bones about it, either.

The European Campaign was a bit more "civilized" if one dares use that word in reference to a World War.

I merely pointed out that your idealistic generalization is incorrect. That's what I am saying.

You seem to be having a hard time with that.

On top of that, you're Grandpa's parents and Grandparents may well have used the pig skin burial on the Moros in the Phillipines.

I said that too.

This is a new MrFish I'm seeing though. I'm having a hard time correlating him to the one who posted here with respect to people of the Jewish faith/race.

Have you changed so much? What do you think of the Israelis and Jews in general now?

have a little class and be a world leader not just in power but as a moral leader as well

Really? Anything in your own closet you might want to clean out before taking to the preaching circuit?