Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 2024 times)

SwampRat

What's Next?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
ICBM's and Star-Wars Defense System....Oh and a Death Star!!

Offline Vruth

• Copper Member
What's Next?
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
I used to play Flanker 1.5 a few years ago with a home-made add-on called WARROOM.

It basically turned the game into a complex and dynamic campaign engine and you into a battlefield commander.

There were electricity factories, plants, bridges, ports, HQ buildings, fuel depos, and train stations you had to defend/attack. You never went at your opponent directly (human) H2H - it was also rare if you ever met your opponent.

What I think Aces High needs is a ground-target rich environment.  I also believe that the infrastructure for these elements  should also directly play a direct role in the simulation.

We need a realistic battlefield, not one that is ruled how well you dogfight, but play the game.  I also believe we need leaders appointed by rank and experience accumulated by game points to control our missions, FLAK gun placements etc.

I think AH needs resource management on a grand scale - not the base-to-base takeover skirmishes.    It becomes redundant after a while - take A10, loose V12, take A20, loose A7, take A40 etc etc.

Vruth

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
What's Next?
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
oooooo....a C-Hog Factory. Giving the players the ability to limit the numbers of C-Hogs by bombing the factory would be...GREAT!!!!

------------------
Lars
***MOL***
Men Of Leisure

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
What's Next?
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
18 YEAR OLD FRENCH potatoS!

------------------
Glasses---I may have 4 eyes ,but you only have one wing.
-----15 Spanische Staffel----
Tis not important how one goes,but who goes with you.

Sandman_SBM

What's Next?
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
Godzilla.

Want to see him lumbering through the Knight city, eating troops, smashing buildings, etc.

I want to fly Rodan as a perk.

[This message has been edited by Sandman_SBM (edited 02-19-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What's Next?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
If they decide to model Godzilla, I hope they do a better job than they did in Warbirds.

Warbirds' Godzilla just floated in the water with his head and shoulders showing.  I have never seen Godzilla float in any of his movies, he's always been walking on the occean floor.

Of course, he also possesses the magical ability to emergy after being completely submerged into water that is now only ankle deep to him.  I figure that is just a trick that any pre-historic monster would know.

AKDejaVu

LOL! It just occured to me how many Godzilla modelling arguments there would be based on every movie he's been in

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
What's Next?
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
WEEKNIGHT SCENARIOS!

Tac's supply system modeling sounded real good to me, so did Vruth's WARROOM. Anybody remember the campaign generator from EF2K? That wuz kewl when it worked..

We DO need to remember that HTC is in this buisness the Mouse that Roared.. a tiny staff.. massive undertakings; huge advances, great quality all accomplised by a very few people... and it knocked the WWII multiplayer game buisness fer a loop.

To accellerate the development cycle at HTC they would need to drasticly increase staff.. possibly eroding checks/balances and controls that have to date given us a superb game.

I'm willing to be paitent, and await the developments as they come at the current pace. I know it seems slow.. but look at what we had and where we were just a year ago.

Paitence; grasshoppers. All in due time.  

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
"Turn to kill, not to engage."
Commander 'Willie' Driscoll, USNR
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
What's Next?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »

To accellerate the development cycle at HTC they would need to drasticly increase staff.. possibly eroding checks/balances and controls that have to date given us a superb game.

Not if they tried getting community input like Warbirds III and Target Korea. HTC have already given the community the tools to create maps, why not models for submission and then either used or rejected by HTC, perhaps even HTC giving the community a broad list of planes they already have data on to create the FM's. I'm sure the team will have a whole host of data from their Warbirds days just waiting for models to be created for but they don't have the staff to do it...shame because I really enjoyed Aces High but I missed the early war of that Warbirds has but I still keep popping my head in here to keep up with the latest advancements are and still play AH offline and H2H.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
What's Next?
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2001, 05:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
If they decide to model Godzilla, <snip>
Of course, he also possesses the magical ability to emergy after being completely submerged into water that is now only ankle deep to him. <snip>

Which brings up the one thing we need most...the ATOMIC BOMB, if you remember Godzilla was thawed out by the undersea testing of an ATOMIC WEAPON, so ya can't have Godzilla til ya first got nukes.

I'd love to drop one on the FDB's airbase as they are taking off.

"I love the smell of PORK RINDS in the morning"

OH MY!  

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What's Next?
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
Not sure an atomic bomb would get more than half of the FDBs milnko.  You have to understand that these guys have been eating nothing but pork rinds, twinkies and teenie-weenies for the last 10 years.  They are so full of chemicals right now that radiation would most likely run away scared.

AKDejaVu

Offline Vruth

• Copper Member
What's Next?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »

Which brings up the one thing we need most...the ATOMIC BOMB, if you remember Godzilla was thawed out by the undersea testing of an ATOMIC WEAPON, so ya can't have Godzilla til ya first got nukes.

Great. Introduce Nukes into a WWII sim. Sheesh, next thing you'll ask for the Avro Arrow.  

I think in the immediate future, it should be possible to add LARGER cities, MORE Fuel/Oil Refineries, bridges, Electricity Plants, and trains.  The current engine is dynamic enough to effect gameplay.  Just step it up a notch and give map-makers more objects to play with.

Vruth

[This message has been edited by Vruth (edited 02-19-2001).]

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
What's Next?
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by Tac:
FOO FIGHTERS! (the N1k dont glow yet)

I think all AH needs is more in-depth strat stuff. Supply lines, supply trains, aircraft factories, etc. If a country's ability to sustain itself, be it aircraft production or supply could be bombed out, it would make the game have a lot of new perspectives.

Imagine it. 1 Aircraft factory per every aircraft type in the game, ammo factory, aaa factory, grunt factory.. a supply network that takes the goods from those factories to the HQ and then from the HQ to all other fields of your country.

When you capture an enemy airfield, the supplies to that field will be airlifted or trucked over from the nearest of your country's bases (imagine the horde of AI/human flown C-47's and trucks supplying a base). Capturing an enemy factory will make the c47's and trucks go to your fields instead of the enemy's.

So you attack an airfield and blow out its hangars and AAA...and then you fail to take the field due to enemy CAP. The field will need to receive supplies in order to rebuild, and those supplies come by train or truck or c47 or all 3 combined. Now THATS something players can HIT to prevent the field from rebuilding.

Oh well, I can dream..

keep dreaming it sound good to me i agree on every thing you have dream't would make really in deaph instead of just base taking.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
What's Next?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
Milenko the bomb as the FDB's know it is when we down a ton of "Screamin HOT" wings and a keg of beer......about an hour later......BOOM.  

And remember the next morning........dab don't wipe!!!!

As for what next?  We need a platter full of wings and a keg modelled someplace on the map....otherwise FDB's have no "real" objective

[This message has been edited by skernsk (edited 02-19-2001).]

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
What's Next?
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
Nice topic Ice.......

Supply trains. As well as viable targets these could be used for transporting good, ammo, fuel, troops to a main depot on each island. Destroying the train and capturing the depot means no supplies to the Airfields on these island. Also be great to roll some tanks on the train for transport to a fight much fast than driving.

This is just off the top of my head and need some thought put into how it would work best. And of coarse the train would have some manable gun positions least it be to easy a target.

I would love to see this implemented..

Dog out....

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
What's Next?
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2001, 06:50:00 PM »
Not to throw salt in anybodies oatmeal,....but adding all that neat ground stuff would consume frame rates at a horrific rate.
We we all finally get to a video card level,..of say a GeForce Ultra and a 1Ghz+ CPU,...then it might be viable to do, but I think there are still many folks who would hate to see all that stuff added, when thier frame rate drops to nil.

Just a thought.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com