Author Topic: Htc  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Htc
« on: December 06, 2002, 05:33:40 PM »
HT,

Instead of waisting your time on flop marketing deals like this MA price contest you might want to consider doing something about the inbalance in the MA, it's getting pretty old and boring for rooks having to fight 4 times the No's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What once was a great flight sim, has become Lemming version 2 with 40+ player field raids (of which 30+ suicide).

Sure I could switch to the Bish hordes and ride easy mode, but that would make it only worse.

Where is it gona stop anyway, when there's only 1 rook player left, or 0 rook players?? What does it take for HTC to do something about the problem??

As it is now you might as well make this a 2 country arena.

:mad:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 06:27:19 PM by Apar »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Htc
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 05:45:09 PM »
Aper,

There was mention in recent news about v1.11 containing a side balancing feature or something......

Just a FYI
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Htc
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 05:48:10 PM »
Use the FORM pls.

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
      • http://most-wanted.org
Htc
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 06:04:50 PM »
Maybe if some Rooks would stop hiding boats and not screw a squads ops by another person w/ higher rank taking the boat that the squad was currently using, just to flex their rank muscles and HIDE THE FRIGGIN BOAT, you might have squads stick around. We would know....

From the month that we spent, we being -=Most Wanted=-, there was not a whole lot of offense. I maybe saw 3 or 4 missions the whole time there.
We initialy went over to help w/ numbers along w/ other squads that we wont mention here

:rolleyes:

We as a squad took a vote on whether to stay or go back to native Knights. We overwhelmingly voted to stay Rook, but when others constantly fight over little things as a CV, hampering a squads operation just to HIDE the boat so Knits or Bish can't take it, is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.  

Thus our vote was "vetoed" and immediately moved back "Home".

It was fun being the underdog, but it wasn't the #'s that drove us out of Rookland.... It was the state of mind of some.

In no way I mean to bash the rooks or offend anyone, I am just stating what I have seen.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 06:06:58 PM by Mw007 »

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Htc
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 06:13:51 PM »
Mw, I'm sure you had your reasons to go back to knits.

But what do you expect, rooks are gang banged for fediddlein ages, I can imagine that most of em are numb and not eager to do mission or go offensive, because they don't have the No's for it anyway.

Besides, you and your squad, and other squads that have gone rooks, could go offensive and take the lead, don't blame it on rooks.

I don't know why in one week time, things are back to "the good old times" where rooks are outnumbered 4-1 by other countries. It was good for a month or so, No's were pretty even and rooks were able to stand ground for a while. SOme how that all changed for the bad again.

P.S. I have an idea for HT, why not give the "15 best pilot prices" to the 15 best rooks, maybe that'll change the table :rolleyes:

Yeager,

I hope it's true, because this has gone too far.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 06:18:51 PM by Apar »

Offline Sachs

• Nickel Member
      • http://where?
Htc
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 06:25:10 PM »
Originally posted by Mw007
Maybe if some Rooks would stop hiding boats and not screw a squads ops by another person w/ higher rank taking the boat that the squad was currently using, just to flex their rank muscles and HIDE THE FRIGGIN BOAT, you might have squads stick around. We would know....

From the month that we spent, we being -=Most Wanted=-, there was not a whole lot of offense. I maybe saw 3 or 4 missions the whole time there.
We initialy went over to help w/ numbers along w/ other squads that we wont mention here

We as a squad took a vote on whether to stay or go back to native Knights. We overwhelmingly voted to stay Rook, but when others constantly fight over little things as a CV, hampering a squads operation just to HIDE the boat so Knits or Bish can't take it, is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.  

Thus our vote was "vetoed" and immediately moved back "Home".

It was fun being the underdog, but it wasn't the #'s that drove us out of Rookland.... It was the state of mind of some.

In no way I mean to bash the rooks or offend anyone, I am just stating what I have seen.

Cry me a river MW.  So you couldn't use the boat so you whine and run to the knits.  Good riddance.  Should I post what you said to one of my squad mates?  You fly what 7 hours this tour and you want this and that.  Get yor rank up and then maybe you can have your little cv back.  Fuggin baby, glad your squad is gone.  

We came rooks and have been having fun, numbers suck yeah but that means more killing :)  Just to let everyone know MW's squad left because they couldn't use a cv because they were having squad night and wanted to use it.  The cv was being used for something else, and they were just whining about it.  End of story next please.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Htc
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 06:30:53 PM »
Originally posted by Mw007
[...]
[...]

Talk about state of mind.
 there was two CVs to use, the north CV was from a just captured port which had a GV spawn point from the north mainland base south of it near the town, and with rook forces no where near it, it's risked to be lost.
So, rather than risk losing it to suicide dweebs (of course) and/or depending on the well known lethargic defense response of players for far-front line fields that take long to return to if the capture fails, especially a port where there is nothing for the masses to vulch, that CV was sent north a sector.
The other CV was already on the NW coast of enemy mainland and free to take for offense ops; there wasn't fighting over anything, except not the CV movement, but  -=most wanted=- leaving after first making a big deal (belligerent private messages and all) in response to given reason to "the little thing" move the north CV.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Htc
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2002, 06:36:44 PM »
Originally posted by Apar
Instead of waisting your time on flop marketing deals like this MA price contest you might want to consider doing something about the inbalance in the MA, it's getting pretty old and boring for rooks having to fight 4 times the No's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on crack?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
Htc
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 07:01:09 PM »
sachs,

You might want to re-read, before you get on your soap-box.

We wanted to stay, it was fun being Rook as you mention. There were more targets, not a bad thing at all.

I'm not the flaming type (in more ways than one ) so I won't go there.

But as far as crying and whining, I feel that our point is justified.
Of, course you have your opinion as do I.

As for Private messages, I do not know who said what nor am I going to get into a "He said, they said" mess.  

I am just speaking from experience.

Question: what WOULD happen IF a CV is sunk???

at least it would be one less boat to worry about them finding, eh?? :p

Anyway, sachs, you're right, its over and done with here. see you guys in the air

;)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 07:12:04 PM by Mw007 »

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
Htc
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2002, 07:12:42 PM »
In my opinion a whole squad switching because you couldn't control a CV is extremely silly.  Sure, I can see why it pissed you guys off, but move a whole squad over it?  

How many of the squads that switched to rooks awhile back to balance are still there, just JG 2 and Abbeville Kids? Ouch...  I hope not.

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
Htc
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2002, 07:33:11 PM »
I'm sorry Apar. I didn't get to your rebuttal in the last post.

We went to rooks to try to even up some #'s.  A few squads went over, some lasted a week  and  some still might be there.
We go on offensive many times. We are offensive in nature (ask sachs :p )  

Ely, Its not about the boat itself, its about respecting other TEAMMATES and respect doesnt equal rank.

MW would never prevent another TEAM MATE from going on offensive.

After all, this should not take up Apar's post. This topic is not about MW leaving, I stated my observation, about Rooks being defensive rather than offensive. I was however giving history behind why we left in case I was called out for not currently being Rook.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 07:37:24 PM by Mw007 »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Htc
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2002, 07:43:19 PM »
The other CV a sector or two away was not useable because?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
Htc
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2002, 07:43:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sachs
 Should I post what you said to one of my squad mates?  

as a matter of fact, I would like to know what I said to one of your mates....  

It might not have been me.... MW is our squad identifier, then our handle.

here are some examples:

MW     007
MW     Doody
MW     KAZ

see how it works?

7 hours??? really? Is that for the month of Dec?
try checking total time in NOV and maybe even if you'd interested check the hrs logged by our squad...

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
Htc
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2002, 07:44:38 PM »
Originally posted by moot
The other CV a sector or two away was not useable because?

........it wasnt where the other already was....

:)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Htc
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2002, 07:54:46 PM »
Ignore field numbers and country placement, and P14 is green.

C20 was free.
C13 was taken to safety about that far, closer south actually.

Why is C20 less interesting here?
C13 would certainly have been given over had a good reason been proposed.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you