Author Topic: how to resolve C-hog problem ?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
how to resolve C-hog problem ?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »

Originally posted by nonoht:

When i fly  i oonly see F4u without yellow mark flying (so Chog)
i know its not real true but who can prove my there isn't F4u C all the place...

Ahh Nonoth .. the F4U-1D has a YELLOW nose cowl ring ... the C is all blue only with white markings

This is a F4U-1D

This is a F4U-1C

Regards
DW6

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Here is THE solution:

Since the F4U-C is a Navy plane, make it so that you can only fly it from the CV!!

TATAAATAAA

Problem solved. Next!

Broes

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »

you wont have HO Chog dweeb

But then what would all the HO dweebs that don't fly Chogs do?

For every HO dweeb flying a Chog.. there is another one pointed at him flying something else.

I've dodged quite a few HO passes as of late.  I just don't remember many of them being F4u-1Cs.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
The problem is a percieved one, and the real problem is the pilot himself who either does not know how to properly handle an attacking Chog or has put himself in a position where any A/C could make an easy kill of him.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
i have no problem with the C hog anymore

EXCEPT

the hispano is too strong VERSUS PANZERS

other than that i dont care about c hog

notice how c hog whines declined since the only real good c hog pilot left aces high?

as much as i used to hate that bastage, i kinda miss him..

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
Is anybody else tired of all this incessant whining?  I know I am.

And since when is "total # produced in WWII" the criteria for whether a plane is in the Main Arena anyway?

I fly the Chog on occasion....usually when I am on jabo attack missions.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
" I fly the Chog on occasion....usually when I am on jabo attack missions."

I used to primarily fly it for ATG, but as of late, I fly it just to piss off the whiners...it has had an opposite effect to what they thought it would by being so vocal about it..next up, N1K (Or, its ALREADY STARTED!)...then (Pick your favorite ride)..

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
The P-51 and G-10 go next.  Yep.. that's what I'd like to see.  Lets get the CHog and N1K out of the way so we can get to the REAL dweebmobiles.

AKDejaVu

lazs

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
I would hate to see the CHog go... It really keeps the dweebs honest.  If there were no Chog then there would be dweeby unskilled pilots constantly trying for the HO against my DHog... With the C in the game they are too frightened.   Also.. It is nice to have a plane that can destroy vehicles so well.
lazs

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
Well, I think my stance regarding Chog is well known, no need to repeat it  

But I really think that it would help to change the icon system somehow. The Chog biggest asset (somewhat unrealistic, IMO), is the very good ability to hit at very long ranges because the very accurate rangefinder in the icon.

Well, get rid of the range under 500 yards, and up to 1.5K show it in increments of 0.1K only. This will severely limit the ability to hit at very long ranges while keeping a decent measure of the relative speeds and E states.

Another nice adittion would be gun jams because abuse. If you are to start a 20 second spray at pray in a 6G turn, expect your cannons to jam a little  

With that, and banning the Chog from the Fleets, I think that the Chog would be much less used and so it would let being unbalancing.

Offline Roadkill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
Well, actually, the Marines flew them too, in fact, I believe the Marines became the sole operators after WWII, i.e., Korea.

During WWII, the Marines few them mainly from ground bases... as I recall.

Originally posted by Broes:
Here is THE solution:

Since the F4U-C is a Navy plane, make it so that you can only fly it from the CV!!

TATAAATAAA

Problem solved. Next!

Broes

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
 Why does the nik keep coming up in these Chog threads. It is not the best at anything. Half the planes will outrun it. 2 or 3 can outturn it. I'd trade the guns for the magic ones on the spit in a heartbeat. If there is a middle of the road fighter in this game its the nik.

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
Why does the nik keep coming up in these Chog threads. It is not the best at anything. Half the planes will outrun it. 2 or 3 can outturn it. I'd trade the guns for the magic ones on the spit in a heartbeat. If there is a middle of the road fighter in this game its the nik.

The anti-grav motors in the wings might have something to do with it. Back in 1948 a N1K2 crashed at Roswell,NM and there has been speculation ever since.

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »

It is not the best at anything. Half the planes will outrun it. 2 or 3 can outturn it.

And this is different than the Chog how?  Oh yea, more than 2 or 3 planes can out-turn the Chog.

AKDejaVu

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
 To be uber, a plane should be the best at something. Granted the chog has the best guns. What does the nik do best?

BTW. Do about 3 turns with a zeke, or one of the spits. Then try to extend. Your never bleeds E theory will disintegrate, along with your tailsection.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 02-20-2001).]